Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

How are setting up for ranked battles?

22 comments in this topic

[BONKZ]
Privateers
8,023 posts
21,312 battles

So, what is everyone planning on using in ranked battles and how are you setting them up?

I have more than enough T7's to play around with.

On the Kriegsmarine side, I can run with either a Yorck (which I am quite comfortable in) or a Scharnhorst (which I havent played enough to know how to use properly) My highest German captain is 15 points and he is already in my Yorck, so can use him in either ship with no penalty. I'll have to recheck his setup and see if he needs some changes to make him more effective in either of them.

On the US side, I can run with a Colorado (lol), Atlanta (probably my best ship, but not likely to do well in ranked with it), Sims, or Saipan. I am not super comfortable in a CV and while I have some good games in DD's, I'm not a great dd captain. Colorado is not likely going to head out into ranked, but I'll probably try my Atlanta out there with its 16 point captain, with a build that could easily move over to my Sims (BFT, AFT, DE, Superintendant, and IFHE/CE when I get my 17th point)

RN, Could take a Fiji out, but don't have a high point captain for it, but I do have a 17 point captain in my Belfast, which while I am competent in it, I don't tend to do as well in it as my 60% WR would imply. I have been trying to play a bit with it lately and get better in it as it will likely be my go to ship for ranked.

I also have a Polish Blysk with a 10 point captain, which I can play decently in, but as stated above, I am not a great dd captain.

Japanese, I have more then enough Myoko's with any combination of 10 point captains, but I do not play them enough or know them well enough to take out in ranked.

Russian, I have a Kiev, but have not played it really at all and again am not comfortable enough in a dd.

So you will likely see me out in Ranked in Scharn, Yorck, Belfast, Atlanta, with a slgiht chance of Sims, Blysk. Long shots would be Fiji, Kiev.

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

Germans:

Yorck, Gneis, Scharnhorst, Maass. 

Brits:

FIJI, Belfast 

Usn:

Lanta, Mahan, Sims, Saipan

IJN:

Many, many Myoko, Shiratsuyu, Nagato

RU:

Leningrad

[WG-CC]
[WG-CC]
Wiki Editor, Members
855 posts
9,538 battles

I will likely use Shiratsuyu and Fiji. Best concealment, and I play Fiji better than Belfast.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,312 posts
23,681 battles

So far setting up Scharnhorst and Belfast. Thinking about Nagato, Fiji and Leningrad maybe Shiratsuyu. Might even pull out Myoko. Having said that not sure I will even push very hard in ranked this time. It is the only thing in the game so far that got me close to burn out. Very interesting patch coming in WOT so.....

Edited by paradat

[-K--]
Members
663 posts
7,529 battles

Maxed out my Scharnhorst commander. I only made it to rank 5 last season, so this is the one I'll take more serious.

Still undecided if I want to try a full survivability build instead of secondaries. How's everyone setting up their Germans?

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,535 posts
29,675 battles

I'm heading into ranked with Fiji and Shiratsuyu. Belfast and even Maass are ready to go as well. Sims is a very good backup but not sure about Atlanta yet. I have been struggling of late with Blys. Just can't get her groove on.

[BONKZ]
Privateers
8,023 posts
21,312 battles

Yeah, I am quite aware of Flamu and everyone else's recommendations. But thanks anyways...

However, I wasn't quite looking for recommendations, I was curious what the player base is actually going to to take out and thoughts as to the hows and whys they prefer some of their ships over others and such.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

I have sims, shiratsuyu and indy   at t7 plus gneis if I wanted to try BB.  so they will get the call.

[W-P-O]
Beta Testers
35 posts
6,750 battles

Definitely my Gneis and Scharnhorst for BBs. CLs, Belfast and Myoko. Going to be interesting being Tier VII only this round, let's see if I can get into single digits (so close last round)

Members
726 posts
1,805 battles

Managed to make it to rank 9 last season before dropping back down to 10. Did it all with a mix of Atago and Kutuzov, so I figure "why change a winning strategy?' Closest to those two ships at T7 would be Myoko and Belfast, so that's what I'll be running most likely. Now the only decision is which Myoko I want to take, lol.

[BONKZ]
Privateers
8,023 posts
21,312 battles

Indianpolis can equip BOTH radar and sonar simultaneously. Might be surprisingly good.

I forgot I had an indy... I've never really learnt how to play it properly, likely will sit in port. Even with Steven Seagal in it.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,749 posts
15,667 battles

My Shiratsuyu has a decent commander, but I have 19 point USN DD commanders to put in my Sims if I need them. Then there is the Blys.

Shiratsuyu is gonna be a real wild card. It could be the dominant ship or fall out of favor. Time will tell.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Only 4 ships I plan to roll are the following:

Scharnhorst

Gniesneau

Belfast

Fiji.

That's it.

Members
1,494 posts
12,756 battles

Shiratsuyu with 18 point captain and premium consumables (especially the torp reload booster).  If I find that the Shiratsuyu is struggling due to the meta (maybe RPF comes more into play and from the likes of Leningrad or radar equipped CA/CLs) my fall back will be to repurchase the Nagato.

[-GPS-]
Beta Testers
696 posts
5,366 battles

I have no idea what I will play. I will probably play "counter-meta", and play a ship or class that counters whatever is popular. 

I have every T7, plus all T7 premiums, with 19 point captains for all of them, so.... its hard to decide/choose until I see the meta develop. 

[BONKZ]
Privateers
8,023 posts
21,312 battles

I got up to 10 and realized I needed to change out my captain's build on my Belfast.

With the current meta in First League, there are lots of carriers and their planes sitting overtop spotting when the smoke runs out was starting to annoy me, so I swapped out Demo Expert and IFHE for BFT and AFT and put on the AA upgrade on the ship, taking my ship from 55 aa overall up to 83 overall (Full AA atlanta is 85) with the same range as an Atlanta (7.2km). All I really lost was 7% dispersion and IFHE. Because I got rid of DE and IFHE at the same time my chance for fires went up 1%, so DE is not needed. Not as easy to pen bb's in certain areas and some cruisers with the HE, but the planes were having to leave me alone or get shot down. The first match a Saipan lost 7 planes to me in the first 3 minutes and my aa guns hardly fired the rest of the game... subsequent games saw me shooting down 12 and 15 planes. My unicum cv playing clan mate said he is starting to see a lot of aa Belfasts in ranked now. I still had games getting 70K+ damage and high caliber even without the IFHE.

Beta Testers
1,221 posts
7,558 battles

I'm starting to think I can influence the match far better in a destroyer than any other class.

Beta Testers
356 posts
26,958 battles

I have the kiev, sharn, mass, Flint and all the T7 arp. But I will roll with the Mass. I've plyd my flint but I'm not good in a cruiser. So it will the Mass all the way to R1.

Sign in to follow this