Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
templar627

How common are dets?

25 comments in this topic

[F-U]
Members
205 posts
3,248 battles

How common are detonations? It feels like every 10-15 games I get detonated from full health in my mahan. It's it an increasingly common thing at higher tiers, because it barely happened in my farragut.

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

DD captains who aren't running the Magazine Mod 1 on all their DDs usually come in the forums and complain about detonations.

I haven't had a detonation since September. 28 detonations in 2857 battles or 1%. :teethhappy:

Edited by CapnCappy

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

DD captains who aren't running the Magazine Mod 1 on all their DDs usually come in the forums and complain about detonations.

I haven't had a detonation since September. 28 detonations in 2857 battles or .1%.

1%(or .98% if you really want exact) You didnt carry a zero. :hiding: or i am really bad at math. Who knows.
Edited by Macabe
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,734 posts
26,570 battles

You can fit equipment and a flag to make detonations very unlikely, if not outright impossible. Allowing yourself to get detonated is a choice.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Hadn't seen one for about three weeks in any matches, then I made 2 people detonate in the same match and got detonated in the same battle.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,211 posts
15,770 battles

They are most common in DD's but even then the over all rate is likely two (2/100) or maybe three (3/100) percent. Much more common is a devastating strike taking you from full/near full health to dead and you don't even get the satisfaction of getting a few flags for your trouble.

Members
5,202 posts

How common are detonations? It feels like every 10-15 games I get detonated from full health in my mahan. It's it an increasingly common thing at higher tiers, because it barely happened in my farragut.

You've played 1128 games and have been detonated 11 times. That's just under 1%.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/community/accounts/1019357826-templar627/!/pvp/achieves/

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

I've never kitted my ships out for anti-detonation stuff. In 1130 battles, I have six detonations. 

Then again, it's more common for DD's, and I've only just started playing them seriously. 

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

It seems to be around 1% chance for most people. For you its been 1.06%... you have only been detonated 12 times... why are you here making this post?

Beta Testers
2,029 posts

It seems to be around 1% chance for most people. For you its been 1.06%... you have only been detonated 12 times... why are you here making this post?

12?  He's been detonated again since starting this topic :teethhappy:
  • Cool 1

[TSG4R]
[TSG4R]
Members
972 posts
5,062 battles

According to my stats, my det rate is a little under 1%, but I think most of these came in the first few months I was playing the game, when I was playing low tier and before I understood how to use the flags.  I don't think I've been detonated at all recently.

Anti-det flags are one of the easiest to get.  In addition to the fact you get 10 every time you're detonated, they're one of the most common rewards for campaign missions, weekly challenges, etc.

I'm sitting on a stack of several hundred and I'm not even intentionally hoarding them.  Currently, I always use an anti-det flag when I take a DD out, but generally not for other classes.  I should probably start putting them on cruisers too, just to make use of them.  I don't remember the last time I got detonated in a cruiser, but it's happened to me a few times.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,211 posts
15,770 battles

Instead of the typical "REMOVE DETS NOW!" threads the OP is asking a good question about them and wasn't whining about them.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,211 posts
15,770 battles

According to my stats, my det rate is a little under 1%, but I think most of these came in the first few months I was playing the game, when I was playing low tier and before I understood how to use the flags.  I don't think I've been detonated at all recently.

Anti-det flags are one of the easiest to get.  In addition to the fact you get 10 every time you're detonated, they're one of the most common rewards for campaign missions, weekly challenges, etc.

I'm sitting on a stack of several hundred and I'm not even intentionally hoarding them.  Currently, I always use an anti-det flag when I take a DD out, but generally not for other classes.  I should probably start putting them on cruisers too, just to make use of them.  I don't remember the last time I got detonated in a cruiser, but it's happened to me a few times.

I have switched to the 70% anti-det upgrade for most of my DD'ing.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,645 battles

I dont run maisonette l magazine mod or det flag on any ships in random battles. I rarely get detonated. I did detonate 2 event DDs in consecutive matches with my Des Moines yesterday though. I made me lol. 

[TSG4R]
[TSG4R]
Members
972 posts
5,062 battles

I have switched to the 70% anti-det upgrade for most of my DD'ing.

Tbh, I don't see the need.  Between weekly missions, campaigns, and containers, I seem to be earning Juliet Charlie flags faster than I can spend them.

I dunno, I guess if this changes I'll consider the anti-det upgrade, but until then....

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,535 posts
29,684 battles

I haven't used the anti-detonation module yet and am not flying any flags just so that I might build up a few before Ranked starts tomorrow. My det rate is 1.4%;. I can live with that.

Members
71 posts
8,797 battles

I'm a DD main and at 1.3%.  I only run the flags either in ranked or to protect something like a special camo or a dragon flag.  Only time it ever bothered me to detonate was my last one - I was kicking some major fantail in my Gremy, and a cruiser got lucky from halfway across the map.  Usually it's just a laugh.

• Cool 1

[BL4CK]
Members
144 posts
5,441 battles

i got 3 games in a row in my udaloi on monday. Got so pissed i unistalled the game for 2 days

[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,679 posts
4,052 battles

I've been detonated 5 times across 1300 battles. One in the Mahan, once in the Isokaze, once in the New York, and twice in the Aoba from the front (yeah, that ship was just really unlucky for me)

The one time in the Mahan was my fault as I was running down a Nagato and his HE shell perfectly hit under the forward turrets and laid me out with a detonation. I got greedy instead of letting my guns silence to go back into stealth and kept firing on him when I was spotted and he just managed that one lucky shot.

The Isokaze was when I turned a bit too hard and got picked up on to the beach of an island completely out of the water and a Cleveland hit my magazine. Kinda hard to miss it when I'm basically on shore. I did get the New Mexico I was going for so I guess the Iso did it's job on that part.

New York was just one of those moments where a lucky torpedo hit me right at the edge of my bow and it detonated me.

The Aoba, just both seriously unlucky. Both bow penetrations from a 14'' gun and detonated as I knew if I turned out I would get citadeled instead and it just was bad luck all around.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,323 battles

I haven't had a detonation since September. 28 detonations in 2857 battles or 1%. :teethhappy:

Don't run detonation mods.

Don't run detonation flags.

Don't know how many times I've been detonated.

Also don't care; it's part of the game, deal with it, or quit.

(One out of one hundred is NOT a lot)

Edited by Umikami

[NO2BB]
Members
3,885 posts
24,515 battles

1.45% for me, feels a bit high. Last time a Graf Spee detonated my Hipper from full health.

[F-U]
Members
205 posts
3,248 battles

12?  He's been detonated again since starting this topic :teethhappy:

Yeah, that's why I'm asking. It just seems super common in dds compared to other ships. I never run my det flags since I'm saving them, and I'm just curious if other people had tons of dets in dds. 

[O_O]
Members
7,898 posts
22,127 battles

I am also at about 1%.  Certainly not a big deal.

To mitigate that even more, several of those detonations were in a DD with less than 1/4 health.  When I get 'detonated' at low health like that, I am really okay with it.  I was just about sunk anyway, so bonus anti-det flags to send me on my way are very welcome.

Sign in to follow this