Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Iron_Imperium

How to Aim secondary guns

13 comments in this topic

[5D5]
Members
1,664 posts
10,933 battles

You don't "aim" them in the same way as the main batteries.   If you hold down the CTRL key and click on an enemy ship, the secondaries will prioritize that target. 

But they still shoot randomly.

Having the "Manual Secondaries" captain skill increases the probability of the secondaries hitting the selected target by decreasing the dispersion.

Edited by LuckyOtter
  • Cool 1

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
841 posts

You don't "aim" them in the same way as the main batteries.   If you hold down the CTRL key and click on an enemy ship, the secondaries will prioritize that target. 

But they still shoot randomly.

Having the "Manual Secondaries" captain skill increases the probability of the secondaries hitting the selected target by decreasing the dispersion.

Remember!  If you are using the "Manual Secondaries" feature that your secondaries will not fire at all unless you do have a target selected.  I believe it's the same with "Air" as well.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

Remember!  If you are using the "Manual Secondaries" feature that your secondaries will not fire at all unless you do have a target selected.  I believe it's the same with "Air" as well.

Nah, Manual AA still engages untargeted planes automatically.  I've shot a few down without clicking them, and at a range that only could've been reached by the large caliber DP guns that the skill affects.

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

Nah, Manual AA still engages untargeted planes automatically.  I've shot a few down without clicking them, and at a range that only could've been reached by the large caliber DP guns that the skill affects.

But targeting them increases accuracy of both AA and secondary's so it's a good habit to get into regardless of captain skills.

It's only in the case of manual secondary's that you MUST target a ship for them to go off.

• Cool 2

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
841 posts

You're right.  Had to go look.  It only applies to guns >85mm.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

But targeting them increases accuracy of both AA and secondary's so it's a good habit to get into regardless of captain skills.

It's only in the case of manual secondary's that you MUST target a ship for them to go off.

Yeah, definitely.  Otherwise those 4 skill points are going to waste.

[DGODS]
Members
2 posts
10,549 battles

My definition of a potato, playing the game for the first time, and kicking some other potato asses. Then buying tier 7 and 8 ships, and getting completely clobbered by people that really do know how to work the map, and play strategy. The learning curve is steep, that's why there are so many mediocre players and I'm pretty bad, but getting better every day.

Sign in to follow this