You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
behindurback

I thought the radio position finder was gonna kill DDs?

22 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
447 posts
3,946 battles

what happened to RDF gonna kill DDs?

well now theres more DDs than ever before, 

its really about time WG takes a good look at the DD problem, and balance those OP DDs

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Just certain people crying "the sky is falling!" Without even knowing.  And listening to certain talking heads instead of waiting and seeing.

Members
4,535 posts
16,631 battles

OMG you whiners!  If you guys got everything you ever whined about, you would still find something to whine about.

DD's are not OP:  learn to deal with them like the other players have.

• Cool 1

Supertest Coordinator
7,223 posts
14,450 battles

It does kill DDs I killed three of them yesterday in a single game. It doesn't stop them from existing, until you kill them.

[TBCIC]
Members
648 posts
9,057 battles

... its really about time WG takes a good look at the DD problem

I really don't think DDs are the problem.

[SALVO]
Members
16,493 posts
10,221 battles

Killed 3 DDs all the same without RL. FUN FACT one of them had RL

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

I think the world's going sideways...behindurback actually said something that sort of makes sense.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

I think the world's going sideways...behindurback actually said something that sort of makes sense.

In the immortal words of Spock "There's a first time for everything Lieutenant."

Members
5,206 posts
3,461 battles

We were kinda hoping RPF would make you quit the forums. We were wrong again. Oh well, there is always next patch..

• Cool 1

[-K--]
Beta Testers
4,833 posts

CV's are not OP

BB's are not OP

CA's are not OP

CL's are not OP

DD's are not OP

Specific ships are OP.

Specific ships are sub par

Beta Testers
1,259 posts
6,287 battles

Most the ships that ended up taking the skill where probably DDs :)

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

even a broken clock is right twice a day?

Members
279 posts
4,207 battles

And yet RPF was only added a few weeks ago...  What about before update 6.0.0?  As long as RPF exists, aren't we better off against DD's than we were then?

Beta Testers
434 posts

what happened to RDF gonna kill DDs?

well now theres more DDs than ever before, 

its really about time WG takes a good look at the DD problem, and balance those OP DDs

Same that happened to the polar ice caps, polar polar bear poipulations, sea level, and the glaciers of the Hymalayas. Ignorant hysteria gave way to reality.

Members
557 posts

The only thing that keeps RPF from really damaging gameplay, i.e. dumbing it down to the lowest possible common denominator, is the cost. At 4 skill points there are currently better options. If it were at say 2 skill points, then things would be vastly different.

My first 2 games after Radio Potato Finder went live, went to late game with stealthy dd's on the opposing team, me in my Scharnhorst. Had I had RPF, it would have made my life much less stressful. I would have known which caps the dd's were going for had they tried, and known from which direction torps were likely to be coming from. Information I should not have access to.

As a matter of principle, I will not take RPF on any ship.

Good luck and fair seas.

Edited by anonym_QOibb7dMvRGh

Members
3,010 posts
10,193 battles

It still should be taken out. It's just a dumb skill, adds nothing, but apparently ruins the game for some.

Adds nothing for you, but for a new comer or someone who isn't overly aware, I could see how it "may" help them find the battlefield. It's a choice to take it, which is the bottom line and no one is forced to do so. So, what's the problem with having it? You feel it should be taken out, if you're not forced to take it, you feel it adds nothing, so it doesn't affect you right? So why take it out? I don't use it, but you're contradicting yourself a bit.

They added it for a reason, whatever public and possible private reason that is. But if it adds nothing and doesn't affect you, why have a stance on it? lol

Edited by BURN_Miner