SalvoSanta

Perth appreciation thread.

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

233 posts in this topic

Sigh.

I wish they would reward 'evasion' and 'distraction'.

Most of my Perth games lately has been to be singled out as the primary target - and then spend the entire game dodging and hiding as the rest of my team kills the opponents one by one.

Leaves me with next to no points... but a victorious team.

Yeah I'd be happy with that as my win rate has dipped below 60% thanks to the weekend potato bake. 

Had a great game in her majesty's finest yesterday. Our team had all three caps and just as my smoke would run out a friendly Benson would smoke for me. 

This as well as storming a Sims smoke and deleting him to occupy his smoke. 

Funny to see red ships confused when 'friendly' smoke starts firing at them. Only 2 kills and 80k damage but tactically sound, and top of the scoreboard while bottom tier for maximum lols.

I never realised the profit margin on the Perth is pretty great. I regularly get around 450k credits and with the service costs so low, you make good money.

Edited by SalvoSanta

... the Exeter reported to Captain Waller that she had taken a bad hit. Waller quickly had Perth make a smokescreen to protect the wounded Exeter. Destroyers Electra, Jupiter, and Encounter soon joined in.

As the Perth sped by, the Houston’s gunnery officer Commander Maher calmly ordered, “Check fire. Exeter has been hit.” In Turret One, Lieutenant Hamlin was awestruck by the sight of the Perth protecting her wounded consort:

I’ll never forget the Perth as she came by there. She was a magnificent sight. Absolutely at top speed, streaming smoke and with battle flags flying at both yardarms and a great big white ensign aft, all guns firing, she looked like a warship really should. One of the finest sights I have ever seen.

- Cox, Jeffrey. Rising Sun, Falling Skies: The disastrous Java Sea Campaign of World War II (Kindle Locations 7256-7262). Bloomsbury Publishing. Kindle Edition. 

NdoY7pc.jpg

Great success asking DD's to smoke for me to save using my own. A Kongo rushed me so the single torps to his nose did bulk damage and the guy who did the smoking got the kill - happy for him.

if you haven't, you might want to give the new smoke consumable a shot on the Perth.  It lowers the puff duration from 10 seconds to 8.8, BUT instead of puffing for only 90 seconds it puffs for 117 seconds.

Edited by crzyhawk

Yes I have it! It was the only reason I pushed to rank 8.

The issue I have is what to do when smokes cool down. I find friendly dd smoke, if it's a Farragut or something, very useful.

oh absolutely.  When my smoke is on cool down, I try to spot for my team and take advantage of my concealment value.  If a DD happens to pop up, I'll risk getting deleted.  If I see a target that appears distracted (gun barrels pointed not in my direction) I will try to light him up.  If those guns start to turn towards me, I cease fire and try to stealth up.

Abused the Sh1t out of our Minekaze tonight. I asked him to spot, to smoke, to do anything except chase the CV, didn't respond at all. Infuriating when people don't use the team chat. I got banned from chat again because of him. There is no justice there, if you're getting abused you generally deserve it.

Next battle I'm bottom tier with sky cancer, and everyone bails from the cap, some ship has 25km radar and of course being the Perth every bismarck and NC starts shooting at me. I can't even as for support because i have no chat. Pi sses me right off. F this game and it's EULA. honestly.

Bottom tier, not even 3 minutes in, double dropped by a t8 CV. Who knew a squadron of planes could fly through a cliff and drop torpedoes on land and they still hit you.

I can't handle the MM this ship gets with the AA 'ability' it has.

9YuocAq.jpg

This is the icing on the cake. I should have gone to bed instead of playing tonight. Finally, the push in the back I needed to give this game up. It's been fun, see yas later.

Edited by SalvoSanta

Yeah, for some reason they decided to give Perth historically inaccurate AA .

She was carrying bofors, bredas and pom-poms by the time she was sunk.

Not that fitout.

Gday mates, broke my damage record a few days ago. Bonzer!

HOLr5nM.jpg

Yeah, for some reason they decided to give Perth historically inaccurate AA .

She was carrying bofors, bredas and pom-poms by the time she was sunk.

Not that fitout.

Perth's only missing the 20mm Breda guns. http://www.perthone.com/pspecs.html (excellent site)

Add correct camo then she'll be right. :tea_cap:

Perth's only missing the 20mm Breda guns. http://www.perthone.com/pspecs.html (excellent site)

Add correct camo then she'll be right. :tea_cap:

I just read in Carleton's Perth that the bredas were also removed with the pom-pom in Alexandria before returning to Australia to repair battle damage...

Seems Wargaming may have actually got Perth right(ish)...

Edited by HMS_Formidable

This forum needs to allow swearing so I can convey exactly how bad people have been this weekend. Absolutely F ing useless. Steamrolled one team after the other. Every F ing game!

tempted fate and took the Perth out. Got a double strike and 60k damage, 2 kills but of course a loss. Everyone died in the first 8 minutes so we lost cos we went past zero.

Honestly, schmucks. F off and do something else instead of being so trash and ruining this for the rest of us. Really. I've had a F ing gutfull of it.

I just read in Carleton's Perth that the bredas were also removed with the pom-pom in Alexandria before returning to Australia to repair battle damage...

Seems Wargaming may have actually got Perth right(ish)...

Oh yes, the catapult equipment would've replaced them in the middle.

cqbev2s.jpg

Still, launching 2 Walrus spotters is so much better than a few light AA mounts. Having them converge over a cap is often more powerful than radar. :B 

2bdGv6z.jpg

Those enemy T8 BBs coming around the island are in for a very bad day...

Lost 7 straight in the Perth tonight.  I could not buy a competent team.

Yeah I think I need a break.  Not just from Perth, I think it might be time to take a few weeks off again.

I finally got the smoke generator mod for mine. I'm also trying some of the other commander skills for a bit to see if I like them any better than the one's i had. Had a really good win streak going, including 8 in my perth, of 18 straight wins. Best run I've had so far in warships. Still #11 in WTR but moved up to #5 in win rate...

I wish my first 100 battles in the Perth weren't as a complete potato. I need at least 5 battles to positively influence my stats now.