You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ThisGuySlaps

Perth appreciation thread.

379 comments in this topic

Members
1,684 posts
19,059 battles

This one hurts Santa.  Deep down inside this hurts.  It's probably my best statistical Perth game, for the loss.  Zero support.

1hel4.jpg

ouch. What a game! 

[SCRAP]
Beta Testers
1,690 posts
5,382 battles

This one hurts Santa.  Deep down inside this hurts.  It's probably my best statistical Perth game, for the loss.  Zero support.

1hel4.jpg

Crime against humanity...

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,537 posts
12,810 battles

I actually had someone ask what a Perth was a few nights ago.  I killed a fellow Perth driver with my Perth last night.  I felt a little dirty.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,537 posts
12,810 battles

I don't see fellow Perths very often.  Usually when I do see them, I am in something else.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,537 posts
12,810 battles

Ouch, at least it was a win.  I just finished up a game (not bad, but not my best either, 64k, 2 kills) but I got complimented by one of the enemy NC's on how I handled my Perth.  Those always feel good.

6pxaw9.jpg

[SCRAP]
Beta Testers
1,690 posts
5,382 battles

I don't see fellow Perths very often.  Usually when I do see them, I am in something else.

Yeah, same: Usually the only Perth I see for weeks on end is my own...

Members
1,684 posts
19,059 battles

I guess the joke is that you don't see them as they're in smoke? hue hue

Had this one tonight. Not huge damage but tactically sound, team spotted so I could solo cap while smoked and took down a Bayern with torps and IFHE. I finished with 80% HP so that's a good sign.

GLOcFR4.jpg

Edited by SalvoSanta

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,537 posts
12,810 battles

Was getting my butt kicked all night in the Belfast, drawing 80-90k multi-kill games, but teams collapsing.  Turned to the Perth to try and get a win:

1ou6aw.jpg

Members
1,684 posts
19,059 battles

2 games in a row tonight my whole [edited]ing team died on me. An Emerald killed 3 of our ships by itself. Absolute losers. If you're in a Bayern and an Emerald takes you out, you need to take a damn look at yourself.

I FINALLY got the chance to go head to head with another perth he was able to take me out because I smoked up annnnnnd.....my team [edited]ing died and nobody to spot. Of course he was with a cleveland and my spotters got shot down. Then of course, they destroyed both my torpedo tubes. He managed to bounce all my [edited]ing AP shots too.

WHAT THE ACTUAL [edited]. I have NEVER bounced a round in this ship no matter how much I angle - and someone in the SAME SHIP bounces 35 [edited]ING AP ROUNDS WHILE BROADSIDE.

Yeah I'm mad.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,537 posts
12,810 battles

I bounce AP all the time with my Perth.  It's very finicky.

I had a game this morning, the team folded quickly.  I'd gone A on shards with a DD, helped cap it, and lit two BB's on fire in two places by the time my smoke ran out.  Then I engaged a Nurnburg and put some hurt on him, we both ran as he hurt me too.  I cut back through A, and see half the team is already dead.  I turn to exit the south and engage a Gneisenau (down to two ships at this point) and a scrublord Fiji driver who finished off my Nurnburg before dying saracastically complemented me on my "island hiding game".  I said my 45k damage is probably better than what you've done.  I exploded, then my four torps hit the Gneisenau and I corrected myself to 75k damage.  Topped the team, sadly.

Next game, same scrub is on the enemy team.  I finished with another 75k and three kills, including two battleships to go with it.

Wonder what he thinks about my island hiding game now?  Perth's just been getting it done lately.

Members
1,684 posts
19,059 battles

I'm glad it's working for you. Tonight has single handedly [edit]ed my WTR for the ship bad enough that I'm going to be out of the top 10 for the server now.

"Yeah I'll spot for you" *sits in own smoke and gets torped*

I'm going to play this ship only as a division from now on.

What is with all the sky cancer tonight? Is there a CV mission on?

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,537 posts
12,810 battles

Here's to the Perth and Houston on the 75th anniversary of Sunda Strait.

j7uxiq.jpg

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,537 posts
12,810 battles

More Perth decimation on Sunda Strait's anniversary.  Picked up my 14th captain point, and got Direction Center for Catapult aircraft.  That should give me the second spotter plane, I often use them to spot for myself when I am in smoke.  A second one up there should make the spotting a little more robust.

2djw1dv.jpg

Edited by crzyhawk

Members
1,684 posts
19,059 battles

Jesus you are making me look bad! Those are outstanding matches well done.

I had a few last night for the anniversary. Two games where i cracked 100k damage but my useless teams fell by the wayside after 10 minutes. 

Members
1,684 posts
19,059 battles

Cracked 120k damage tonight in yep you guessed it....another loss.  

Fubuki from the Blyat clan did the best job of spotting for me i have ever had. Used all my compliments up on him.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,537 posts
12,810 battles

Finally broke 100 games in the Perth, hopefully that will get me on the leaderboard with ya Santa.

Members
1,684 posts
19,059 battles

im from BLYAT CLAN MAY I KNOW WHO WAS IT?

:3

I really can't remember I'm sorry. He was in a Fubuki if that helps.

Had a great Perth game just now in a div with Mr Sindicate.

You're 4th on the server now crzy, well done! I think what is costing me, is that I was a massive potato before I discovered Flamu and Notser.

Members
383 posts
15,052 battles

damn it...got detonated before firing a single shot....been a while since that happened to me....