SalvoSanta

Perth appreciation thread.

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

168 posts in this topic

Folks, come here to discuss and post your screen caps of good games you've had in what is one of the most unique ships in the game :)

My most played ship! So much fun if you have a team that can stay alive and spot for you.

Top XP earner as bottom tier - very hard in such a ship.

D0dtGaO.jpg

I salute your exceptional Perth play.

Way to make lemonade!

(Please note this player is one of the best Perth players on NA. The Perth is a horrible ship and you shouldn't buy it. Seriously)

I enjoy my Perth, most people don't. It takes a different play style and that crawling smoke screen it always fun.

Thank you Capn, but I think that's only because I have played more than 100 games in her and show up on the leaderboard.

The biggest challenge is staying alive long enough to do damage.

MmiSudA.jpg

and trying to shoot something with your 12.8 range and not get deleted...very hard :( pls buff

T5wQAoE.jpg

You will probably never carry in a perth but you can get to the top of the scoreboard frequently. All of my best matches I am bottom tier, I guess people forget about you.

Another point to note, is that I have never run out of team mates more than I have with the Perth. You really need someone to spot for you and help you out while you're pew pew pew from behind the islands.

Edited by SalvoSanta

Thank you Capn, but I think that's only because I have played more than 100 games in her and show up on the leaderboard.

The server average WR for the Perth is 49.x%ish.

If you have over 200 games in the Perth and are doing around a 60%WR, you are one of the better Perth captains in game. Heck, you appear to be one of the most played as well. So not only is the ship under-performing (she's about Emerald good) but people just aren't really playing her either.

The fact that a premium performs so horribly (on average), says that she's a big stinker of a premium ship.

Biggest issue for Perth is the low damage per hit.  In the examples posted, you're averaging about 700 damage per hit on the first two.  That last one was down at 460 damage per hit. 

My perth in battle.

Except it isn't Perth, its LeanderPerth gets HE, but doesn't get the improved Brit AP shells.  Totally different animal.  Though the damage per hit seems to be in the same ballpark, which is not surprising.

Edited by kerensky914

The problem with the Perth is, without smoke she's just a Marblehead.

The problem with the Perth is, without smoke she's just a Marblehead.

Marblehead got buffed 3 times the perth will always be aussy.

The aussies deserve better.

Indeed we do!

Started my weekend off right just now. Fantastically supportive team in this match. Bottom tier? Not even a problem!

ZEngrV9.jpg

gf15NtP.jpg

Yeah, you're a good player with the Perth. So am I, although not at your level.  it bothers me that the only ship that Aussies get to play with is one with a pretty high skill floor.  The first ship any nation gets should be a nice, solid reliable ship. 

IMO, they should have offered the Perth as a plain jane t5 cruiser, with longer range guns.  They should have then offered the same ship we have now as the Perth as the Hobart, and given players the choice of a high-skill floor ship or a standard t5 cruiser that anyone can enjoy.  I suggest Hobart as the higher of the two because it lived longer and was modified more.  Makes sense the base model would be unmodded.  Name Sydney saved for the famed WW1 cruiser.

There are always players who do well with bad ships.
Thus the boast factor.

I want to like Perth. I'm Australian.

I play her (125 games). But not as much as Leander.

For what is supposed to be a refined Leander - she's several steps backward in game.

I mean, WoWS gave her fewer hit points than Leander. But the modified Leanders (Sydney, Perth, Hobart) were redesigned to significantly improve their survivability (engine room subdivision, machinery and electrics subdivision, bulkhead placement - all to reduce the reach of flooding, improve machinery battle damage resilience and reduce chance of capsizing).

Otherwise, their performance was pretty much exactly the same in terms of turn radius / turn times, speed and acceleration.
The armament was exactly the same, though the 4in gun mounts were moved further back in Perth. Their ammunition load-out was exactly the same, also.

Yet WoWS has made Perth so much more sluggish overall than Leander. 

Yes, the belt was a little broader on Perth - but in the real world that armour actually provided a purpose beyond initiating heavy shells. HMAS Sydney took more than 80 5.9 hits at point blank, and less than a handful seems to have penetrated her belt. In-game it just gives detroyers a reason to load AP.

As already pointed out - Perth works fine: If you have two division mates in destroyers spotting for you. Or a random game where things happen to fall your way (specifically destroyers and carriers who locate the enemy ships early in the game so you know where to go - and where not to go).

Ultimately, she's a light cruiser. So she's vulnerable.

Where she fits in relation to other ships will always be subjective.

But not so much in comparison to Leander.

Anyone interested in a forensic analysis by the Australian Defence Science and Technology Organisation of HMAS Sydney's loss, you can download a pdf of their full report here.

Edited by HMS_Formidable

I didn't mean to sound boasty, I want to see other people playing her! Maybe a thread like this would show that it's not all 3 minute deletions as I experienced for weeks.

And yeah, statistically she is pretty horrible (sorry babbeh I still luh you) and it makes no sense that she should ever succeed in any circumstance. But I am also Australian, ex pusser to boot, and i wanted to play this proud Aussie ship and get my money's worth.

It is in desperate need of a buff. I have shot a Bayern with my IFHE rounds 60 times in a row and done 600HP damage per hit. Come on! Pls buff. Pls.

I'm going to have to cease playing this ship indefinitely. 

It is only effective if you have team mates alive to spot for you and the last four days I have had the least capable players of this game as team mates who either just die or done cap, or they don't cap and die as well. Furious at the potatoes costing me the enjoyment of the game with this ship. Back to ships I don't care about like ARP myokos.

Here's one from this morning.  Not very impressive damage, but a game I am proud of.  The enemy tried to flank us twice on the weak side.  I read their move and intercepted both attacks, killed two DD's trying it, assisted on a third (spotted him, hit with several rounds) chased off the Fiji, and burned a New York to the waterline (Mahan buddy spotting for me got the kill, he earned it imo!).  The enemy was whipping us pretty badly until the Mahan and I beat off the second flank attack, which put us slightly ahead on points with little time left to botch it.

20zzn07.jpg

That is very impressive damage in the Perth, we both know that. When paired with a DD this ship is deadly! Good job.

Anything over 30k is good in a T6 cruiser. Honestly i'd say all the perth and the Belfast do is highlight just how powerful the british RN CL AP really is with how the tech tree ships outperform them.

You the man!

I wonder if the Perth has an internal XP multiplier similar to the Sims because you are always in the top 2 or 3 on the leaderboard.

I'm only posting the good ones lol

I wont lie, I have a soft spot for the Perth.  She died with one of ours, and they died well.

Edited by crzyhawk