You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CybrSlydr

Any reason to keep stock hulls around?

26 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
898 posts
14,840 battles

In some rare situation you like to have for example Benson B and C hull.

And for some DD keepin more option for torpedo launchers.

For CV if you like to switchitg metweend decks and hulls 

Ohters i dont know.

Edited by Gandariel

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

Aesthetics or in some cases people prefer the armament of the stock hull, like the Gneisenau has better HE secondaries on the stock hull so some players prefer that.

Edited by RipNuN2

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,150 battles

I didn't.  Sold everything I had yesterday and made 42 million silver off of it.

[KSF]
-Members-
5,295 posts
9,253 battles

The Mogami can only stealth fire using the A hull, so if you wan't to use the 155s it's best to keep it.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

The Mogami can only stealth fire using the A hull, so if you wan't to use the 155s it's best to keep it.

Well technically she CAN stealthfire with the other hulls as well.  

Members
866 posts
8,847 battles

Aesthetics or in some cases people prefer the armament of the stock hull, like the Gneisenau has better HE secondaries on the stock hull so some players prefer that.

Under no circumstances would I, or any sane person trade in 8000HP and a superior rudder shift for a few lousy secondaries.  What a joke!  Sell that A hull and never look back!

[KSF]
-Members-
5,295 posts
9,253 battles

Well technically she CAN stealthfire with the other hulls as well.  

Well.....true.....but the window is so small I can't really say it is all that useful.  

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Well.....true.....but the window is so small I can't really say it is all that useful.  

Yeah. The only time when you CAN use it if you are kiting battleships that are moving toward you. 

It's pretty stupid that the gun bloom is tied to the hulls and not the guns themselves. I mean, Belfast stealth-fires at 13.Xkm? No problem. Mogami stealth-fires at 13.Xkm? OP NERF NAO. 

Members
629 posts
2,397 battles

I sold a bunch of things and got ~5mil today, unless its 155 VS 203 Mogami guns, I would say just sell them, it will help pay for future hulls.

[GLF]
Members
582 posts
9,136 battles

i was a little apprehensive to sell them last night, so i didn't just sold the signal flags. 

Tonight, on hoarders . . . 

• Cool 3

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

I sold a bunch of things and got ~5mil today, unless its 155 VS 203 Mogami guns, I would say just sell them, it will help pay for future hulls.

Another exception is  B hull vs C hull for Farragut, Mahan, and Benson. You don't want to sell the B hull, because you lose a gun with the C hull. 
Edited by Aduial

[O_O]
Members
7,897 posts
22,115 battles

Another exception is  B hull vs C hull for Farragut, Mahan, and Benson. You don't want to sell the B hull, because you lose a gun with the C hull. 

I researched, but never bought, C hull on Benson (maybe others) for that very reason.  Another gun on a DD is important stuff...AA not so much.  If I would have bought C hull, I would have sold it yesterday.  Benson B hull for me.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Just sold everything I wanted to sell from the Inventory, and that netted me more than 11 million credits! Of course, that will disappear in a flash, because I have a bunch of ships lined up to get upgraded.......

[PVE]
Members
20,315 posts
13,642 battles

I researched, but never bought, C hull on Benson (maybe others) for that very reason.  Another gun on a DD is important stuff...AA not so much.  If I would have bought C hull, I would have sold it yesterday.  Benson B hull for me.

It's the same with the Omaha CL. I play the B hull for the extra torpedo launcher, but I kept the C hull as it trades the torpedo launcher for more AA. If CVs get reworked soon, I'm ready.

Members
779 posts
8,226 battles

I can't think of any.  Folks?

Not sure about the hulls but i kept my torpedo reload boosters just in case the sims gets a much needed torp buff.

Beta Testers
2,094 posts
2,152 battles

I didn't think there was any reason to keep them.  I only made a couple million off selling them all.  

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Just sold everything I wanted to sell from the Inventory, and that netted me more than 11 million credits! Of course, that will disappear in a flash, because I have a bunch of ships lined up to get upgraded.......

Between modules off of old ships I have, equipment I don't need, or flags I never use i netted almost 20 million.

[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,605 posts
7,195 battles

Not for me. I can't see anyone wanting to unless they have an attachment to the stock hull that on some ships is historical.

[WOLF2]
Members
471 posts
12,629 battles

Holy %$#^ Batman...... I didn't realize you could sell the other hulls.  :hiding:

Major credit increase incoming!!

Alpha Tester
444 posts
2,983 battles

If you bought the permanent camouflage for North Carolina, it's actually significantly different depending on which hull you have equipped. I personally like the A hull permanent camouflage better, so I declined to sell the A hull just so I can take a peek from time to time. Other than that and the ships with B/C hull AA side-grades, I can't see any reason to keep old hulls. (And really, I don't think the AA side-grade C hulls are worthwhile since the trade-off is always a pretty significant amount of surface firepower. Some of them are visually more attractive than the B hulls though, so there's that.)