You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Rey3

Benson or Akazuki, which one would you keep?

20 comments in this topic

Members
309 posts
5,376 battles

Talking about T8 destroyers here. If you had to keep one and sell the other, which one would you keep? 

edit: might be Akizuki, sorry for the typo.

Edited by Mr_Rey3

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,502 battles

Benson is a bit more well rounded, but Akizuki is probably my favorite ship right now for sheer fun. Akizuki with proper Capt build will beat any other DD at or below its tier 1v1 assuming players of equal skill; her only real weakness is her speed, so she can easily get focused down with no escape if you're not conscious of positioning. 

While Akizuki beats Benson head to head, they impact the game differently. Benson is insanely versatile; she's a good torp boat and a very good knife fighter. She excels at cap control and has the speed to flex across the map wherever needed. They're both great boats with high carry potential, but they do it in different ways. Which one to keep really depends on your playstyle.

If I had to keep one, it'd be Akizuki, only because I already have Fletcher and Farragut for the USN style play and Akizuki is such a unique and fun boat. And I do better in her than I do in Benson, although that's probably mostly because I'm a better player now than I was when I grinded through Benson.  

Edited by poeticmotion

[O_O]
Members
7,897 posts
22,101 battles

I don't have Akizuki yet, but I ain't never getting rid of my Benson.  She is the highest tier ship I have that I can rely on to help me defeat a losing slump.

Members
309 posts
5,376 battles

I don't have Akizuki yet, but I ain't never getting rid of my Benson.  She is the highest tier ship I have that I can rely on to help me defeat a losing slump.

Thanks for your answer but I have a question if you don't mind me asking.

How can this be your highest tier ship when you have 4227 games played? I have less game played than you but have 9 T10. I don't get it?

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Why not both?

If you had to sell one, sell Benson, because Fletcher fixes everything that was wrong with Benson and becomes an amazing ship.

• Cool 1

Members
309 posts
5,376 battles

Cause I'm selling to progress, but I want to keep a ship I love for each tier.

I really like these two.

For now my end goal is to have all T10s, I'm close to that, once this is done, I'll buy back the ships I loved while climbing up. But credits are tight.

[-K--]
Members
663 posts
7,529 battles

I'd move your captain up to the Fletcher and keep the Akizuki. You can always buy back the Benson later. Fletcher will almost make you forget about her.

Members
309 posts
5,376 battles

I'd move your captain up to the Fletcher and keep the Akizuki. You can always buy back the Benson later. Fletcher will almost make you forget about her.

I think you're right mmfullen.

Thank you for all your opinions guys, see you at sea!

[O_O]
Members
7,897 posts
22,101 battles

How can this be your highest tier ship when you have 4227 games played? I have less game played than you but have 9 T10. I don't get it?

She isn't my highest tier, she is just the highest tier I have that I can almost always do well in (I have a few T9's).  A bad game in my Benson is a rare thing.

With this many games played, I probably should have at least a couple of T10's.  Three factors have prevented that:

1.  I grind all lines and nations pretty equally (except CV's).  I am up to T8 and T9 in many lines.
  2. I have never paid for premium time.  I have earned/won a day here and there, and struck paydirt with 90 days in a Santa crate.  Premium time over 4,000 games would have earned me a TON more XP, and therefore more high-tier ships.
  3.  I enjoy playing T4-7 (used to love 5, not so much anymore...thanks MM).  Clemson, Kamikaze, Nikolai, Kuma, Konig Albert, Arizona, Scharnhorst, Anshan (heck, even Smith and Cambeltown) all are too fun not to play pretty frequently.  I don't just grind my lines, I also play my fun ships and work on missions/campaigns.

Members
309 posts
5,376 battles

She isn't my highest tier, she is just the highest tier I have that I can almost always do well in (I have a few T9's).  A bad game in my Benson is a rare thing.

With this many games played, I probably should have at least a couple of T10's.  Three factors have prevented that:

1.  I grind all lines and nations pretty equally (except CV's).  I am up to T8 and T9 in many lines.
  2. I have never paid for premium time.  I have earned/won a day here and there, and struck paydirt with 90 days in a Santa crate.  Premium time over 4,000 games would have earned me a TON more XP, and therefore more high-tier ships.
  3.  I enjoy playing T4-7 (used to love 5, not so much anymore...thanks MM).  Clemson, Kamikaze, Nikolai, Kuma, Konig Albert, Arizona, Scharnhorst, Anshan (heck, even Smith and Cambeltown) all are too fun not to play pretty frequently.  I don't just grind my lines, I also play my fun ships and work on missions/campaigns.

Curiosity satisfied, thanks desmo !

[KIA]
Members
3,839 posts
18,548 battles

For the moment i"m stuck with the Farragut and i really have hard time to enjoy this ship. The arc is so [edited]on USN DD, i really have hard time landing shells properly.

But between Benson and Akizuki i would definitly go for the Akizuki. The only things that would make me go for the Benson is her ability to have a decent concealment and speed but as i said, i already have bad time with my Farraguts and it doesn't motivate me to grind this line. 

Members
309 posts
5,376 battles

To be honest here, the only ship I didn't like so far (I'am at the fletcher), is the Nicholas. And even then, it's not a hate for the ship, it's just the one I liked the least. 

I thought the farragut to be a nice ship when fully upgraded with a CE captain.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
45,061 battles

Do you plan to play competitively?  Ranked, team battles, etc?

If so, keep the Benson. Tier 8 seems popular for comoetitve play, and the Benson excels at smoke, spotting, and area denial with torps. 

If not, keep the Akizuki!  It's just too much fun. And Fletcher is one of the best ships in the game. 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

I have over 1000 more games played than you, and only 1 t10 (with only 3-4 games in it).  I don't see the point to play high tiers, game play up there sucks.

I'd keep the Benson.  Better overall ship.

Edited by crzyhawk

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

I have over 1000 more games played than you, and only 1 t10 (with only 3-4 games in it).  I don't see the point to play high tiers, game play up there sucks.

I'd keep the Benson.  Better overall ship.

Yeah, unless you find your soulmate ship in T8+, playing in T8+ gets very annoying.

Members
43 posts
3,938 battles

Do you play ranked?

Akizuki is new and exciting but it has never seen ranked played.

Think Kiev - Kiev is an excellent choice for 12 vs 12 pub fight, but not until this ranked season, people realized it was a nightmare in an 8 vs 8 meta with lots of smoke and Perth/Fiji  (until it was bumped into tier 9).

If I were you, I would keep both until the next ranked season.