You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
centarina

Fuso, Inaccurate?

28 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

Fuso has reputation as a shotgun.  Since receiving it from the convoy campaign,  I havn't had a chance to take it out and compare it to bayern.   I finally had a chance today.   It has been about a year since I last played her and  I was quite surprised at how accurate the gun was.  Only one match  and I was top tier, but 41% hit rate from BB is insane. I had 98 hits and 2 citadels .  did they buff the sigma?    I have to admit that much of the match was about 10km, but still   I am impressed.  I think people are sniping too much with fuso.   I ended up with confed, high cal and dreadnaught. 

Fuso 6 BB Japan 1 100.00% 145,416 1,950 3.0 6.0 100% 41% 0% 2,885

[B3ERS]
Beta Testers
813 posts
10,292 battles

Bayern has horrible accuracy, Gneisnau has even worse. Fuso, Nagato, Are legit snipers. They have accuracy for days. Anything closer than 15km, you miss, It is you, not the guns. Anything 10km or below, you miss.... Thats sad. 16km and above, If your good, you can hit.

[CHIGR]
[CHIGR]
Members
3,641 posts
18,823 battles

Uh, lol, I actually have my best hit rate in the Bayern so far :facepalm:

Ship Statistics

Icon Name Tier Type Nation Battles ▼ WR Dmg XP K/D Sh☠ Pl☠ Srv MBH TH WTR
    12345678910 DDCA/CLBBCV JapanUSAUSSRUKGermanyPoland  
PJSB006.png Fuso 6 BB Japan 83 48.19% 55,271 907 3.0 0.9 0.6 69% 21% 0% 1,121
PASB034.png New Mexico 6 BB USA 60 55.00% 67,301 1,222 5.6 1.7 1.9 70% 23% 0% 1,593
PGSB106.png Bayern 6 BB Germany 11 81.82% 66,590 1,269 3.8 1.7 2.8 55% 26% 0% 1,586

Edited by pikohan

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

I didn't find bayern to be that bad.      i had 28% MBH   when I ran it over nearly 60 matches.    my gneis   was 30%  as is my bismarck.   I did find gneis to lack the DPM  due to having only 6 guns.   Only thing I am wondering is if something changed during the skill update.  either that or I am seeing more taters in the matches.

Edited by centarina

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

Yes, Fuso is inaccurate. One battle does not a complete picture paint. Or...something.

Either way, overall, Fuso has the lowest average accuracy...period. Of any ship at any tier.

Edited by SergeantHop

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

Yes, Fuso is inaccurate. One battle does not a complete picture paint. Or...something.

Either way, overall, Fuso has the lowest average accuracy...period. Of any ship at any tier.

My old average was 21%, but  IJN was my first BB line and frankly I sucked.  The issue is the range.  People really think having 22km+  spotting plane is DA BOMB.   lol.  I don't even have FCS upgrade unlocked.   I didn't bother using spotting plane.     If you want to do well, you have to  get close.    lot of today's match was about 10km, which helped with HR.  I killed 2 fuso and  arizona,  dmg'd  konig,  omaha, mutsuki and kirov.  100k was off the 3 BBs that I killed.    only got 2 citadels all match.  98  hits.              I really think no ship should have range greater than 19km.  

I find that when my hit rate got close to 30% in BB,  I started to do really well.   that meant getting closer to the target.      sometimes I have no choice but to snipe, but in many battles,  I will still be the closest to the enemy unless my HP is low. 

[FAE]
Members
2,626 posts
3,979 battles

Where do you get this info? 

[CHIGR]
[CHIGR]
Members
3,641 posts
18,823 battles

The issue is the range.  People really think having 22km+  spotting plane is DA BOMB.

You are 100% on the mark. IJN BB was also my first line and the range was such a red herring. Had to play pretty much all the other lines and come back before I figured it out... I've played a lot o Kongo recently, and I love brawling and kiting with her.

[R-R-R]
Members
1,069 posts
11,452 battles

The ship is pretty accurate for a T6 even at sniping range(15-17km). 

I snipe a lot and still have 27% accuracy.

Edited by Exciton8964

[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,679 posts
4,052 battles

You are 100% on the mark. IJN BB was also my first line and the range was such a red herring. Had to play pretty much all the other lines and come back before I figured it out... I've played a lot o Kongo recently, and I love brawling and kiting with her.

This right here.

So much so that I went from a piss poor 928 WTR in the Kongo to a 1488 with a near 30k average damage difference in the Hiei. It wasn't until the Nagato that I really started to learn about getting in closer to maximize my potential damage against targets. After Amagi I went and started on the New Mexico and it's almost like night and day knowing how important it is to maximize your potential damage and the ranges you need to be for them against certain targets.

The reality is also that over time you also improve on where to aim on targets as well. This also includes targeting the bow, superstructure, and when and how to go for citadel hits based on different vessels.

Thanks to the Graf Spee event, I'll probably go back and lay the Fuso again with a different set of skills to apply to her. As for rebuying the Kongo, that one I don't really know about as I did get quite a few ARP Kongo's for free.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

The ship is pretty accurate for a T6 even at sniping range(15-17km). 

I snipe a lot and still have 27% accuracy.

if you are shooting primarily BB, 17km is still pretty easy.  if you are shooting cruisers, better players are very hard to hit at 15km.    if you shoot DDs,  i would want sub 10km.      27%  HR  means that you are not sniping.        that is why I think limit should be 19km.     anything more than 18km and  you really won't hit mch.

[KIA]
Members
3,839 posts
18,543 battles

Fusou is more accurate than Bayern. She's maybe not as accurate as the Kongou but it still perform really well. I managed to 3 citadels an Independence at 20KM using my scout planes (at this time i didn't uppgraded the range), i didn't killed him sadly but i don't mind.

[REVY]
Members
9,643 posts
7,316 battles

The Fuso is no sniper, her effective combat range is under 10kms.  Yes, you can score hits at long range, but these will likely be very low damage overpens and bounces.  The point of a Battleship is to tank damage and deal high alpha damage, and to deal high alpha damage often requires planting a large portion of your salvo into the enemy's hull.  If you are firing from long range, it's little more then harassment, that only works if the enemy ship is being engaged by other ships as well.

[R-R-R]
Members
1,069 posts
11,452 battles

if you are shooting primarily BB, 17km is still pretty easy.  if you are shooting cruisers, better players are very hard to hit at 15km.    if you shoot DDs,  i would want sub 10km.      27%  HR  means that you are not sniping.        that is why I think limit should be 19km.     anything more than 18km and  you really won't hit mch.

Contrary to New Mexico's flat arc, fuso has a pretty high shell arc.

Hitting a cruiser actively dodging your shells at range is pretty hard. But fuso can lob the shells over islands to hit cruisers at distance who didn't see it coming. Very satisfying. 

My first couple of games in fuso were very unsuccessful because I didn't realize how bad the concealment of the ship is. Then I got shot at by pretty much everyone on the map and got BBQ'ed fast.

After that, I started hug islands on my way to push up. Things become much better and people usually don't pay attention to ships shooting from behind the islands.

Edited by Exciton8964

[KIA]
Members
3,839 posts
18,543 battles

The Fuso is no sniper, her effective combat range is under 10kms.  Yes, you can score hits at long range, but these will likely be very low damage overpens and bounces.  The point of a Battleship is to tank damage and deal high alpha damage, and to deal high alpha damage often requires planting a large portion of your salvo into the enemy's hull.  If you are firing from long range, it's little more then harassment, that only works if the enemy ship is being engaged by other ships as well.

In a Fusou you don't want be under 10KM but between 10 and 15. To be effective you need to show a long broadside and you don't have armor compared to other BB. So yeah BB role is to tank damage with their armor but a BB that doesn't have armor should stay a little bit behind cruiser, especially when you have 95% chance to be low tier. But yeah if you're close to your target you can nuke them with tone of citadels....or being nuke coz you don't have armor.

[TSG4R]
[TSG4R]
Members
972 posts
5,062 battles

Fuso's accuracy is fine.  It doesn't have the super-tight groupings that e.g., RU cruisers can achieve, but its dispersion and sigma are more than good enough to land long-range damaging hits. Heck, I've one-shot full health cruisers at 16km+ in the Fuso.

As noted, hit statistics between Fuso and other BBs like Bayern can't be directly compared she Fuso has significantly longer range.  Even if your aim is perfect, long-range fire is inherently less accurate, both because dispersion is a function of distance, and also because long shell flight time gives the target more time to dodge.  Fuso also has crap concealment, so even if your BB playstyle is to close in as quickly as you can and engage at <15km, in the Fuso if you can see a target, you're still probably going to take a few shots on the way in because if you're already spotted, why not?

Comparatively, a BB like Bayern simply doesn't have the range to take the very long-distance potshots that Fuso can, and Bayern also has much better concealment.  So in a Bayern even if you do have a target at the longer end of your range envelope, if you're not spotted yet you may choose to hold fire in order to maintain stealth, in the hopes that a better shot opportunity will develop.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

Contrary to New Mexico's flat arc, fuso has a pretty high shell arc.

Hitting a cruiser actively dodging your shells at range is pretty hard. But fuso can lob the shells over islands to hit cruisers at distance who didn't see it coming. Very satisfying. 

My first couple of games in fuso were very unsuccessful because I didn't realize how bad the concealment of the ship is. Then I got shot at by pretty much everyone on the map and got BBQ'ed fast.

After that, I started hug islands on my way to push up. Things become much better and people usually don't pay attention to ships shooting from behind the islands.

using cover is always smart thing to do.   I  used island on the above match to limit the exposure even though I got down to 7-8km.   with fuso, you can angle and still shoot most of your gun without too much problem unless you are facing 16" gun. I tanked 75k dmg on that match and 1.5mil potential dmg.    One shooting CA at long range is pure luck.  the target has to be stupid and something I don't count on.     I did 12k dmg on kirov at the beginning of the match because he didn't move and I saw him. 4  penetration hit that could have been cits.   the guy got lucky.  

all the BBs are comparable.    only real difference is that fuso has best DPMS at t6  due to quicker reload and 12 barrels.  Bayern only has 8,   Bayern is smaller, tankier and more agile. and if you want to be effective you need to be 15km or less most of the time.

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

The reason Fuso might feel more accurate than Bayern is because she has 50% more guns. More guns=more hits, simple as that. So, while the Fuso might hit more shells in a salvo, she hits fewer shells overall.

[TSG4R]
[TSG4R]
Members
972 posts
5,062 battles

The reason Fuso might feel more accurate than Bayern is because she has 50% more guns. More guns=more hits, simple as that. So, while the Fuso might hit more shells in a salvo, she hits fewer shells overall.

We don't have to debate this; we can look up their respective dispersion and sigma and compare.

Summary:  Bayern's dispersion (corrected for range) is much worse, but it has better sigma.  So on average, the Bayern's salvos are more likely to have more of the shots clustered close to the aim point, but the shots that do go wild can be further off the aim point.  While Fuso's shots have a smaller potential maximum deviation, but tend to be more evenly distributed through the dispersion bracket, without as much of a cluster close to the aim point.

As to which of these will feel more accurate, take your pick.  Depending on the nature of the target and how true the player's aim is, either one may "feel" more accurate.

Edited by ForgMaxtor

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

it is easier to get random hits with fuso if you are poor at aiming, and      Bayern is much more accurate  but the key to playing both  ship is to get close as possible without drawing a lot of return fire.   with good angling, you can bounce lot of shots with fuso while bayern is smaller and tankier /more agile .   don't be afraid to get closer with either ship, but don't yolo.  :D

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

We don't have to debate this; we can look up their respective dispersion and sigma and compare.

Summary:  Bayern's dispersion (corrected for range) is much worse, but it has better sigma.  So on average, the Bayern's salvos are more likely to have more of the shots clustered close to the aim point, but the shots that do go wild can be further off the aim point.  While Fuso's shots have a smaller potential maximum deviation, but tend to be more evenly distributed through the dispersion bracket, without as much of a cluster close to the aim point.

As to which of these will feel more accurate, take your pick.  Depending on the nature of the target and how true the player's aim is, either one may "feel" more accurate.

So, what you're saying is the Fuso is less accurate. Which is...Accurate. Two week accuracy numbers have the Fuso at 21% and the Bayern at 27%. All time widens the gap, with 20% and 28% respectively. 

Again, the reason the Fuso is going to feel more accurate is volume of fire. More shells=more hits. So, you fire a salvo from the Bayern, you're going to hit 2.24 shells as average. In the Fuso, you fire 12 shells, you're going to hit 2.4 on average, despite the Fuso's drastically lower average accuracy. Since the Bayern has a similar enough reload that you still have to wait effectively 30 seconds, those fewer hits per salvo make it feel less accurate. Some of that does have to do with aim, but not as much as just not having as many shells. 

[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,679 posts
4,052 battles

So, what you're saying is the Fuso is less accurate. Which is...Accurate. Two week accuracy numbers have the Fuso at 21% and the Bayern at 27%. All time widens the gap, with 20% and 28% respectively. 

Again, the reason the Fuso is going to feel more accurate is volume of fire. More shells=more hits. So, you fire a salvo from the Bayern, you're going to hit 2.24 shells as average. In the Fuso, you fire 12 shells, you're going to hit 2.4 on average, despite the Fuso's drastically lower average accuracy. Since the Bayern has a similar enough reload that you still have to wait effectively 30 seconds, those fewer hits per salvo make it feel less accurate. Some of that does have to do with aim, but not as much as just not having as many shells. 

The true reason why Bayern has those numbers is that most people brawl with it. The gun range is so low and it's odd dispersion that the majority of people including myself got to within 8km of a target. Due to the tough panzerdeck behind the belt, most players try to reduce plunging fire by getting in tight to do the most damage.

I have a 32% hit rate in mine and that's because 95% of those shots were at 13km and below. My Bayern also had a Concealment captain to allow me to better get at 12km and below to do it as well. Due to how the Kaiser and Konig brawl so well, people end up doing the same thing with the Bayern and that's why even though I've seen far worse dispersion with the Bayern, it has a higher hit rate. Far far far more up close shots across the majority of people vs the Fuso which people try to use that 21km range with and it hurts that hit rate.

Alpha Tester
4,156 posts
8,061 battles

It's not that Fuso is inaccurate.  It's the players in Fuso who are inaccurate, as they take a lot of bad opportunity long shots that are guaranteed to miss because of shell travel time giving the target too much time to avoid them.

I bet if Bayern had a 21km firing range that the ship's server accuracy would drop from 27%.