Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Harbyharpity

Some love please?

8 comments in this topic

Members
63 posts
45 battles

Hi~ I'm Harby~

The german cruisers are awesome~ but I ran into some minor trouble when I unlocked the tier 4 german cruiser Karlsruhe...

This ships feels particularly sluggish, the guns are fantastic of course :) and I take enormous damage every time one of those chubby big bad boats hits me...

If I ran away straight I cannot dodge their shells, and if I turn to dodge I'll lose speed and can't ran away...

Please help! I'm feeling very low...

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
128 posts
5,353 battles

Try to add a little maneuvering while escaping, but not to much as to not loose speed. Hold your fire so that your detection range drops off to 10 kilometers.

Use Concealment Expert at level 4 on your commander to reduce your detection range, comes in useful at later tiers. 

It helps to use Flags and Camo, as well as upgrading the hull and using consumables. 

Members
3,681 posts
8,111 battles

Go back to bed you little bugger. I didn't give you this account for you to play at 11pm...

I'll teach you to play Karl tomorrow.

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,371 battles

The german cruisers are awesome~ but I ran into some minor trouble when I unlocked the tier 4 german cruiser Karlsruhe...

Well, Karlsruhe is one of the trash ships of the line.

[JAGDA]
Beta Testers
245 posts
3,393 battles

Yes, I'm afraid Karlsruhe is a bit of an underpowered ship who can't reasonably compete with it's contemporaries. It's best to lurk around in hidden positions, preferably inside a cap, and try to surprise lone DDs, low health ships, or enemies who are already occupied with a friendly. 

It's a bit of a painful grind, but the next few ships are well worth it if you just grit your teeth and stay the course. Cheers.

Members
652 posts
13,807 battles

This ship surprising used to be worse than it is now. Playing it pre-buff was my worst grind ever in this game.

[D-DAY]
Members
7,600 posts

Welcome. :)

Have been playing since Saturday and it does feel like a mountain to climb with captain XP, but I suppose it is designed to introduce you to skills for when you get to the higher tiers. It is keeping me from wanting to go higher which is probably a good thing; I think I am progressing well but am pretty sure I would suck if I went rushing into the higher tiers (you'd probably find my team would maroon me on one of the islands lol).

This doesn't stop the high skilled captains coming down to hand out a seal clubbing, but I have found out that there are some premium ships that give extra points but these are scattered at all tiers, so I can't really argue the fact that someone is training a captain in the most efficient way possible, as this is how the game has been designed.

Sign in to follow this