You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MrEndeavour

T7 Power Creep?

25 comments in this topic

Members
652 posts
13,813 battles

Funny T9 game that I just played where the top 3 XP earners were all tier 7. You have the Scharnhorst. The Poi ship. And last but not least, the fire starter that is the Belfast. 

Strong ships or good players?

sOeEsCR.png

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,167 posts
30,926 battles

Those are excellent ships, but then again there are other bad ships too at the tier.  Just like any tier you got good and bad selections.

[CHIGR]
[CHIGR]
Members
3,641 posts
18,843 battles

I would say a combination of both. 

I would agree.

It really bothers me that a lot of the power creep is Premiums, but I'm glad the Poi machine is up there being a regular tech-tree boat.

Edited by pikohan

Members
765 posts
2,849 battles

As a Belfast owner... and knowing that WG get a LOT of flak anytime they nerf a premium ship,  i am hoping they discontinue sale shortly, and just offer the Belfast in boxes and Christmas time specials.  I don't know what to say other than... even though its OP a little, you will still lose in it regarly, unless yoiu are good with it as well.

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
841 posts

It's got nothing to do with power creep.  Granted, some of the premies have some very good attributes, but I see this kind of thing everyday.  It's across all tiers.  I, and everyone else play down a couple of tiers all the time and often find myself at the top or near the top of the stick.  The issue is all the mouth breathers failing their way into the upper tiers.  Just yesterday, a really bad Tirpitz driver on the team.  150 games, several high tier premies.  Maybe just my frustration, but the last month has seen the playerbase really degraded.  IMHO...

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Izumo is the worst T9 BB

Ibuki isn't exactly a top notch T9 cruiser either.

[-BMV-]
Members
763 posts
5,345 battles

Combination of both. I personally feel like most ships in the tier 7-9 spread can all hurt each other effectively when played well.

[-K-]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester, WoWS Community Contributors, Wiki Editor
6,526 posts
28,454 battles

You get more xp for damaging higher tier ships, and less xp for damaging lower tier ships.  Tier 9 ships are at a disadvantage for xp earnings in a tier 7-9 game.  That said, they're at an advantage for damaging ships, so it should even out somewhat :)

[CVRME]
[CVRME]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,942 posts
10,652 battles

Good ships, and your exp calculations as Zath mentioned is from you shooting higher tier ships which will influence that..  But uh, sorry to say but one nice match showing some nice T7 ships doesn't automatically prove what you're trying to say in your thread topic.

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,381 battles

Scharnhorst is one of the best (more like overpowered) premiums at tier VII, like Belfast.  Shiratsuyu does well because she can smack people with 16 torpedoes.

Members
652 posts
13,813 battles

Good ships, and your exp calculations as Zath mentioned is from you shooting higher tier ships which will influence that..  But uh, sorry to say but one nice match showing some nice T7 ships doesn't automatically prove what you're trying to say in your thread topic.

Although this is true, you have to admit that these ships are very powerful in the right hands.

Members
6,589 posts
8,581 battles

Izumo is the worst T9 BB

More over, with the way MM matches ships together, the enemy team likely had no more than 3 T9 ships. So at most, there would only be 5 tier 9 ships present in that match. I'd hardly call that a T9 game, more like T7.8 or so, since there were only 3 tier 8s on his team as well.
Edited by GhostSwordsman

Members
164 posts
2,002 battles

Scharn and Belfast are both pretty OP in comparison to other Tech Tree ships and they have things that even T8/T9 ships don't have (BB Torps, CA Smoke/Hydro/Radar combo).  They could easily have been T8 ships and held their own.

That said, without at least decent players behind them, they're pretty lackluster when bottom-tier.

The Shiratsuyu player was probably just good, though.  Most DDs played by good players can punch above their weight class like that.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
11,692 battles

The amount of clueless captains in high tier MM out weights drastically the ones that knows how to win. Judging by the fact that all your destroyers survived till the end of th battle. It is much likely that due to your team having a invisible screen of torp slingers folded the match towards your favor.

Edited by NeutralState

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

Izumo is the worst T9 BB

The Izumo is a good ship though. It might not be the best out of the three, but it certainly is great.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

that is all about the player, not the ship.  I've gotten top XP  in sims  going against fletchers.   I am sure I've done it in gneisenau as well.        because you are bottom tiered, you actually get more xp. 

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,167 posts
30,926 battles

The Izumo is a good ship though. It might not be the best out of the three, but it certainly is great.

Izumo is also doing better than Iowa these days.  When one of the supposedly "Best" USN BBs, Iowa, is worse than the "Worst" IJN BB, what does that say about the USN BB line? :trollface:

381wWYG.jpg

It always amuses me when people say Izumo is the worst battleship EVAR but Izumo is doing better than Iowa.  It's been going like this for a year now.  At least Izumo doesn't get insta-deleted the moment someone takes a peep up her skirt like Iowa does.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Izumo is also doing better than Iowa these days.  When one of the supposedly "Best" USN BBs, Iowa, is worse than the "Worst" IJN BB, what does that say about the USN BB line...

...It always amuses me when people say Izumo is the worst battleship EVAR but Izumo is doing better than Iowa.  It's been going like this for a year now.  At least Izumo doesn't get insta-deleted the moment someone takes a peep up her skirt like Iowa does.

Umm.. Clearly, they are neck and neck

Iowa 48.74% vs. 48.70% Izumo = 0.04% WR in favor of Iowa

Iowa 55,680 vs. 59,790 Izumo = 4,110 dmg in favor of Izumo

Iowa 1.0 vs 1.1 Izumo = 0.1 K/D in favor of Izumo

Iowa 32% vs 31% Izumo = 1% Survival rate in favor of Iowa

So that's like 1 penetration extra on the Izumo, resulting in 1 extra kill over 10 games, yet Iowa will win 1 extra game over 2500 battles and survive 1 extra time over 300 games or there abouts.

Edited by MrDeaf

[JFFC]
Members
189 posts
18,401 battles

Funny T9 game that I just played where the top 3 XP earners were all tier 7. You have the Scharnhorst. The Poi ship. And last but not least, the fire starter that is the Belfast. 

Strong ships or good players?

sOeEsCR.png

With my 6 skill capt on newly bought Scharanhorst :) 

Z5ZxQ5.jpg