You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chain_shot

The new depot- let us build our own DIY ships out of the spare hulls

41 comments in this topic

[UBC]
Members
2,280 posts

With all the spare gear and hulls I sold, I could have built my own tier 9 Atlanta using my spare Izumo hull and outfitting it with destroyer guns and stock torps. Just think of it a T9 A hull Izumo outfitted Atlanta type guns.- awesome.

WG please give us the chance to build own ships out of the spare parts we have. - it would be fun.

We could create rat rod divisions out of our put together ships.

• Cool 1

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

I wish we could have the Wyoming in her WWII configuration, covered in 5" guns. It would be silly, but also amazing.

• Cool 2

[CHIGR]
[CHIGR]
Members
3,641 posts
18,832 battles

This would be pretty hilarious, but I don't think WG would do it. There are probably too many balance considerations, and you wouldn't know what you are fighting when you meet a rat rod in-game. 

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,371 posts
14,183 battles

Ever heard of something called balance? This game is different from other games like Navy Field. We can't have ships like a Udaloi running around with Yamato guns, and we don't need Kurfursts running around with Shima torpedoes. No. Just......no

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

Ever heard of something called balance? This game is different from other games like Navy Field. We can't have ships like a Udaloi running around with Yamato guns, and we don't need Kurfursts running around with Shima torpedoes. No. Just......no

Obviously. I don't think the post was that serious.

[UBC]
Members
2,280 posts

Mind you shima torps on a kurfust- some would call that justice.

Edited by Chain_shot

Beta Testers
903 posts
8,366 battles

Prepare to be dissappointed by the shima torps....  now if you had fletcher torps.

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,371 posts
14,183 battles

You get the idea. Having something like that would totally ruin the balance of the game with ships having equipment and modules they otherwise SHOULD NOT HAVE

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

You get the idea. Having something like that would totally ruin the balance of the game with ships having equipment and modules they otherwise SHOULD NOT HAVE

Doesn't mean it can't be some PvE mode or casual PvP that doesn't track stats or something.

It would certainly give some impetuous to keep certain modules around.  Even more so if you could only use the A hull of ships for modification.

Edited by TenguBlade
  • Cool 1

Members
396 posts
13,683 battles

WG please give us the chance to build own ships out of the spare parts we have.

WG has a precedent...

screenshot_7.jpg

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,502 battles

Do you want Naval Ops: Warship Gunner? Because that's how you get Naval Ops: Warship Gunner. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_Ops:_Warship_Gunner

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,085 battles

With all the spare gear and hulls I sold, I could have built my own tier 9 Atlanta using my spare Izumo hull and outfitting it with destroyer guns and stock torps. Just think of it a T9 A hull Izumo outfitted Atlanta type guns.- awesome.

WG please give us the chance to build own ships out of the spare parts we have. - it would be fun.

We could create rat rod divisions out of our put together ships.

bPLXDgD.gif

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles

Do you want Naval Ops: Warship Gunner? Because that's how you get Naval Ops: Warship Gunner. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_Ops:_Warship_Gunner

I still have that game on PS2. Such a freakin blast.

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles

While WG will never do it, it would be fun to be able to mix and match. I'd mount all the 5 inchers I could find on Gneisenau's A hull and go to freakin tooooooooown! :D

Members
3,003 posts
1,451 battles

But I would love to run around in a North Carolina with Arizona guns and armor....

Members
4,272 posts
5,302 battles

Many Moons ago, I played the table top Battletech game...not ships but mechs.. Anyway, they had plenty of "tree" mechs to use, but I loved making my own "frankenmechs" This was a popular pastime in the game, and some even became "cannon." 

Won't work in this game, but yeah, it would be interesting...

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,502 battles

I still have that game on PS2. Such a freakin blast.

It was a lot of fun, not knocking it, just don't want to see WoWS with catamaran hybrid battleshipcarriers with laserbeams. :D

[UBC]
Members
2,280 posts

Yamato guns on an Erie.

maybe we could get just one Yamato barrel welded to an Eire hull and you would have to use the whole ship to aim the gun. It would help people practice their WASD's .
Edited by Chain_shot

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

Can i replace arkansas main armament with Quintuple torp launchers?

0 posts

Sounds like something that would come out of an entirely different franchise that doesn't have to worry as much with balancing issues. World of Warships would never be able to implement such a feature as players would quickly find ways to exploit the system to create extremely overpowered warships. 

Supertest Coordinator
7,223 posts
14,434 battles

Can i replace arkansas main armament with Quintuple torp launchers?

No. Battleships cannot mount torpedoes, per Warship Gunner 2 Treaty limitations. They can, however, mount wave guns.

[K0]
Members
1,758 posts
10,184 battles

I could rip half of a flight deck and staple it to the back of a battleship or a cruiser to make something totally original and unique