Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
suleiman71

Why can't we stockpile camo/consumables?

27 comments in this topic

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

This has always irked me. We've never been able to stockpile camouflage and consumables, which doesn't allow for us to meaningfully take advantage of sales on them. The Valentines camouflage just reminded me of one of my few big issues with WoWS.

What are your thoughts?

• Cool 7

[KSF]
-Members-
5,295 posts
9,253 battles

It would be nice, but WG probably doesn't want us taking advantages of stuff like that.

[BHSN]
Members
2,564 posts
4,522 battles

I'm not sure i understand....you can 'stockpile' them by not using them...like are you talking about buying 100 of teh v day camo for example? 

probably because having massive amounts of those would 'break' the economy just due to to how high the bonuses are...

just a guess. 

Edited by scruffycavetroll
  • Cool 2

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

It would be nice, but WG probably doesn't want us taking advantages of stuff like that.

We can do so in WoT. Granted, the devs aren't the same here, but the concept has proven successful there.
  • Cool 1

[KSF]
-Members-
5,295 posts
9,253 battles

I'm not sure i understand....you can 'stockpile' them by not using them...like are you talking about buying 100 of teh v day camo for example? 

probably because having massive amounts of those would 'break' the economy just due to to how high the bonuses are...

just a guess. 

He's talking about buying them in bulk when they go on sale

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,732 posts
26,569 battles

To avoid people buying them in bulk when they're on sale.

• Cool 2

[BONKS]
[BONKS]
Beta Testers
1,451 posts
15,242 battles

To avoid people buying them in bulk when they're on sale.

That's the reason, sure.

The real question is, "why?"

If it's not a problem for people to stock up in WoT, it shouldn't be a problem for players to stock up here.

• Cool 1

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Does it really matter? Having auto resupply on makes it to you never have to do it manually, and it saves you money, since you never pay for anything you don't use. Good system, I don't like being wasteful.

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

Does it really matter? Having auto resupply on makes it to you never have to do it manually, and it saves you money, since you never pay for anything you don't use. Good system, I don't like being wasteful.

Many camouflages aren't permanently available. So yes, it does matter.

Members
2,829 posts
6,653 battles

I really want a pile of the new valentine camo. It protects against being forever alone.

The fine print says no guarantees.
  • Cool 1

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

The fine print says no guarantees.

It nevertheless provides the possibility of never being forever alone again!
  • Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,746 posts
4,573 battles

I was just about to make a thread on this very topic.

I'd like to be able to purchase limited camouflages like the Valentine's 2017, either in-game using doubloons or as bundles in the Premium Shop. They've done the latter before with the NCAA basketball camouflages.

Members
2,829 posts
6,653 battles

:hmm:
Edited by Misniso

Members
573 posts
1,465 battles

And it comes with a free invisible unicorn too!
  • Cool 2

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

Why is it wasteful buying 500 camos that you fully intend on using when they are on sale. Good question, but don't expect an actual answer OP

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

I'd like to be able to purchase limited camouflages like the Valentine's 2017, either in-game using doubloons or as bundles in the Premium Shop. They've done the latter before with the NCAA basketball camouflages.

probably because they were God awful

Beta Testers
303 posts
8,267 battles

Of course it matters - in WoT players tend to stock up when stuff is 50% off. Worst case (if they ever need credits) they can sell things back at the same price. Otherwise they simply let the game use their stockpile, at half the normal cost.

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

Well, condom says no gurantee as well. AFAIK, they work pretty well.

They still have like a 1-3% failure rate IIRC.

That's because the NCAA camouflages were terrible in both their value and benefits for what their cost was.

:hmm:

:)

[PVE]
Members
20,315 posts
13,642 battles

This has always irked me. We've never been able to stockpile camouflage and consumables, which doesn't allow for us to meaningfully take advantage of sales on them. The Valentines camouflage just reminded me of one of my few big issues with WoWS.

What are your thoughts?

You got your wish. 250 valentines camo for $39.99 in the premium shop.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/at-least-commenters-like-me/

[TNG-2]
Members
127 posts
38,870 battles

That's the reason, sure.

The real question is, "why?"

If it's not a problem for people to stock up in WoT, it shouldn't be a problem for players to stock up here.

Camo and consumables can give you a material advantage in games. I am certain I read a WG statement to the effect they would not sell items that provide such an advantage to avoid becoming pay to win. I think that was right before the Molotov and M Kutuzov went on sale.:B

[PVE]
Members
20,315 posts
13,642 battles

Camo and consumables can give you a material advantage in games. I am certain I read a WG statement to the effect they would not sell items that provide such an advantage to avoid becoming pay to win. I think that was right before the Molotov and M Kutuzov went on sale.:B

The Valentine's camo is only different from the in game camo, -3% detect & +4% dispersion that you get with the 22.5k silver camo, by giving +100% XP & +100% Captain XP. Those let you grind faster, but don't help you against someone else.

Sign in to follow this