You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
IronWolfV

So after the Shchors, I was dreading the Chappy...so I was wrong.

24 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Cause oh my dear god. This gun has nail drivers for guns. With IEHE I was ripping 6k broadsides off a Grober, and literally kept him on fire from stem to stern. I did 48,000 fire dmg to the Grober and got witherer. My god, that was just...disgusting. I just sat at max range and tortured that poor Grober, then did the same to an Izumo.

SzcrW1k.jpg

That was just so wrong. And before someone sits there and says "See this is proof". No this is proof when you sit there and charge into 5 ships and let the cruiser do his thing without being even touched. Cause that poor grober, fired at me once then ignored me.

Edited by TalonV
  • Cool 2

[-K-]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester, WoWS Community Contributors, Wiki Editor
6,526 posts
28,454 battles

<3 Chapayev

Members
3,010 posts
10,193 battles

Don't know about your Captain spec, but if you're not running concealment yet, do so when you can. I have a 16 or 18pt Captain on my Chappy and man is it fun.. lol

I remember when the line first came out (5.4). Chappy's were the first Tier to get radar and first in game to even have it. Chat would start in, "oh wow we have a Chappy! I've never seen one.." Hype up, then hype down. Yet, here ya are Talon, finding out what the hype was all about and they are still fun to play. lol

Enjoy the Chappy man, but if you enjoy the Chappy you will most certainly enjoy the Dimi. The DImi though is the last of that play style, but it dominates with an AA build and Main Batteries. The sacrifice to the Dimi is the unforgiving detection. The Moskva, well the Moskva is in a class of its own. lol

30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Don't know about your Captain spec, but if you're not running concealment yet, do so when you can. I have a 16 or 18pt Captain on my Chappy and man is it fun.. lol

I remember when the line first came out (5.4). Chappy's were the first Tier to get radar and first in game to even have it. Chat would start in, "oh wow we have a Chappy! I've never seen one.." Hype up, then hype down. Yet, here ya are Talon, finding out what the hype was all about and they are still fun to play. lol

Enjoy the Chappy man, but if you enjoy the Chappy you will most certainly enjoy the Dimi. The DImi though is the last of that play style, but it dominates with an AA build and Main Batteries. The sacrifice to the Dimi is the unforgiving detection. The Moskva, well the Moskva is in a class of its own. lol

At 12 points right now, took IEHE first. Like I said I was ripping 6k broadsides off that poor Grober sitting broadside ontop of setting him ablaze and keeping him there.

Members
2,829 posts
6,653 battles

The Chapayev has a horrible turning circle.  But as long as no one tries to shoot or torp you, you tend to start laughing maniacally while creating a rain of fire.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,285 posts
19,668 battles

yeah I think I like the stock Chappy better, miss my spotter plane.   yeah had good games like that, but any concentrated effort from a t9 or 10 BB will end  you. (period)  Its a good ship but not great.  I liked better stock, now that is an outlier!

The DD is more fun, I think its those extra knots of speed that make it work for me...but its fragile and everyone wants to shoot you.  But you got some range, speed and seems to handle pretty well.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
45,061 battles

Chapayev is the only ship in game right now with detection lower than radar range with Concealment Expert. 

CE also lets you stealth fire with a good sized window. 

IFHE lets you murtilize red ships. :D

30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Chapayev is the only ship in game right now with detection lower than radar range with Concealment Expert. 

CE also lets you stealth fire with a good sized window. 

IFHE lets you murtilize red ships. :D

Yeah working on that 14 point skipper so I can throw on CE. Went with IEHE first, and good god.

30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Chapayev is stronk ship, Comrade Captain.

Don't have to tell me twice comrade commisar.

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,460 battles

I sold the Shchors and when I got Donskoi I kept the Chappy and bought a perma-camo present. Has a permanent place in my port. Other than the awful turning circle it is a very good ship.

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,502 battles

I loved Budyonny, and then the Shchors grind was so painful I never bought Chappy even after I unlocked her. Was about to finally go back and get her and then RN cruisers came out and I got sidetracked by their awesomeness. This reminds me I need to go back and buy her, and gives me hope I will enjoy her when I do. 

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Yeah working on that 14 point skipper so I can throw on CE. Went with IEHE first, and good god.

CE is probably a better first option if you're taking that captain all the way to Moskva.  Inertia Fuzes doesn't really do much on her besides lower her near-broken 17% base fire chance.  Only reason it's near-broken and not broken is because Zao has 19.

Edited by TenguBlade

[KSF]
-Members-
5,295 posts
9,247 battles

I don't know what to make of IFHE.  I use one captain for all my soviet cruisers, and IFHE is useless on the Moskva, so I don't know if I want to use it now and then have to respec later.  I took CE first in anticipation of getting the Chappy, I'm on the Schors now*, and I want to get SI next for use on my Kutuzov.  I used to use my Khaba captain for the Kutuzov, but after respecting I no longer have SI.

My experience with the Mogami 155 was IFHE was great when down tiered, but somewhat lacking against tier 10s........

How good is IFHE on the Chappy when up tiered?

Edited by yashma

30,523 posts
6,106 battles

I don't know what to make of IFHE.  I use one captain for all my soviet cruisers, and IFHE is useless on the Moskva, so I don't know if I want to use it now and then have to respec later.  I took CE first in anticipation of getting the Chappy, I'm on the Schors now*, and I want to get SI next for use on my Kutuzov.  I used to use my Khaba captain for the Kutuzov, but after respecting I no longer have SI.

My experience with the Mogami 155 was IFHE was great when down tiered, but somewhat lacking against tier 10s........

How good is IFHE on the Chappy when up tiered?

Did 6k damage broadsides on a Grober. But I don't know if that's normal or not. And only did that a few broadsides till that area was saturated. But man I was tearing strips off him.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

I find that you can make BBs cry  with chappy.  my last Solo warrior in chappy  was secured with killing a colorado that came back to kill me and died instead.     he actually tried to run when he realized his error and failed.  :D  should have learned the first time I made him run.    fun ship.

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,379 posts
14,209 battles

That's an Arsonist medal not Witherer. 48k fire damage will not get you Witherer. You need 60k

30,523 posts
6,106 battles

That's an Arsonist medal not Witherer. 48k fire damage will not get you Witherer. You need 60k

Oops.

Members
1,128 posts
7,268 battles

CE is the better first choice. You can still burn the crap out of things without IFHE.

30,523 posts
6,106 battles

CE is the better first choice. You can still burn the crap out of things without IFHE.

IFHE lowers your fire chance btw.

[AR]
Members
364 posts
20,931 battles

My Chap has a 17 point capt. With it, it comes equipped with SI, + DE + IFHE + CE. Then the truck tons of both fire flags that I have piled up means that the reduced fire chances of IFHE are completely canceled out. It is really a amazing thing.