You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GoodKillTanks

What ships to expect in Ranked Season 6

30 comments in this topic

Members
17 posts
2,638 battles

So with ranked Season 6 coming up, what do you guys expect to see for ships? With the new German BBs, DDs, and Japanese DD tech tree split what will be common ships be? This Season is all T7 I think so it could get interesting. What are your thoughts?

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,323 posts
23,687 battles

I expect to see all of them.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,732 posts
26,569 battles

Blyskawica, Scharnhorst, Belfast, Gneisenau, Nagato, Shiratsuyu.

[-K--]
Members
3,075 posts
6,658 battles

I expect to see all of them.

I've no idea why people forget about all the ships already in the game.

Incoming Flamu YouTube post

Yup. Can't have people processing the information of a CC, then adding their own experience, available ships, and synthesizing a workable strategy for themselves, can we now?  I'm sure Flamu himself would be one of the first to say he's not the God of WoWs.

[-K--]
Members
3,075 posts
6,658 battles

My Scharn is ready but, my Dragon with fire and heap will be one to watch out for. :B

By the way, how long are you going to maintain this fan club of one?:P

[RLGN]
Members
19,163 posts
35,195 battles

Crazy folks with stock hull stuff? As per usual?

Me in a few different things I may try, at least until I need to go from level 16 to 15.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

Expect a stupid amount of Belfasts. She's one of the pay to wins.

Hm, I wasn't aware that Belfasts on the losing team get stars.  Do you have a source for that?

[-K-]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester, WoWS Community Contributors, Wiki Editor
6,526 posts
28,454 battles

Maas, Kiev, Yorck, Colorado, and Ranger.  I dare you to stop me.

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,285 posts
19,668 battles

I think I am taking the Leander over the Belfast... but Scharnies, like lots of them, then NiceCanoes, smattering of Nagato and COs.  All the DDs are very viable.  Some Myokoes for sure...

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Hm, I wasn't aware that Belfasts on the losing team get stars.  Do you have a source for that?

I don't know how you drew that conclusion from my comment, but I never said that. Try again.

Belfast is pay to win because you're paying money for a stupidly OP ship, thus increasing your chances of winning. Which is all that matters in ranked.

[-K--]
Members
3,075 posts
6,658 battles

I'm seriously tempted to buy back my Colorado. I think she could do very well in epicenter.

So long as she doesn't spawn in the map corner, like Season 4.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

I'm seriously tempted to buy back my Colorado. I think she could do very well in epicenter.

Don't do that to your team. Ship is so slow and inflexible, it has no place in ranked. Play a Nagato, same gun layout, but you actually have some degree of flexibility in terms of re-positioning.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,179 posts
30,938 battles

Blyskawica, Scharnhorst, Gneisenau, Belfast.  Oh and don't forget...

o0Bej1Z.jpg

I expect Rangers to show up because USN CVs are simply played more.  But I expect Air Superiority + Air Supremacy Hiryu to contest the skies.  Saipan will make her presence known.

[RQL]
Beta Testers
718 posts
25,949 battles

From my current port - Nagato, Belfast, Fiji, Leningrad, Scharnhorst, Gneisenau, Blyskawica

May buy back the Myoko - not sure depends upon how bad the losing streak gets..... LOL

[JTF67]
Members
118 posts
7,610 battles

I think I am taking the Leander over the Belfast... but Scharnies, like lots of them, then NiceCanoes, smattering of Nagato and COs.  All the DDs are very viable.  Some Myokoes for sure...

I like the Leander but she's Tier VI. I assume that you meant the Fiji?

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
45,061 battles

Incoming Flamu YouTube post

Already up yesterday.  He starts with "these are just my opinions" or something like that. 

I agree with most of his assessments with one glaring exception. He puts Leningrad at the top of the DD heap. So I played her 4 or 5 times yesterday with my 17-point Gnevny/Gremyaschy captain. The turret traverse is painful, especially in closer than 6 km. The gun arcs are odd and blocked sometimes so you have fewer rifles on target. She is wicked fast and has good Concealment until you fire a gun. And she turns like a cruiser. A long, thin, fast cruiser which is to say she doesn't turn well. I've had some great games in Leningrad but just can't see her competing with Blyskawica or Sims (despite better torps) in Epicenter mode. Plus you need a 16-point captain to get EM+LS, BFT, AFT, and Concealment. 

[RED]
Alpha Tester
429 posts
14,846 battles

Don't do that to your team. Ship is so slow and inflexible, it has no place in ranked. Play a Nagato, same gun layout, but you actually have some degree of flexibility in terms of re-positioning.

Last season I did quite well in the Colorado, 20 wins in 32 matches. 2.12 K/D ratio. Of course its all changed now. will start out attempting on my fully upgraded and 15 skill Nagato. If that doesnt go well I'll switch to something else.