You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
IronWolfV

Big shout out to WG

16 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,075 battles

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Finally we can use the depot/inventory and sell off a bunch of equipment we don't use.  I just made 16 million credits off of selling off a bunch of stuff I don't need.

That was long overdue. Thankyou!

• Cool 1

[-I-]
Members
721 posts
9,624 battles

I always wondered why we couldn't do this from the start given that the system was already part of WoT.  Welcomed change.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,486 posts
29,139 battles

Cool feature... 

Quick question though.  If we sell off the stock hull of a ship does that screw up the B or C hull we currently have selected?

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

Cool feature... 

Quick question though.  If we sell off the stock hull of a ship does that screw up the B or C hull we currently have selected?

No. The hulls have nothing to do with each other.

30,523 posts
6,075 battles

Cool feature... 

That's a negative Ghost rider. Just means they go back to being able to be bought for a certain amount. Like for example if you research the C hull on say the Mahan but never buy it. Or better yet let me give you a snap shot.

wA8Vd0r.jpgSee up in the corner where it shows all the modules for credits, but It shows me on the top hull, engine and FCS. That's what it does.

[AK]
Beta Testers
184 posts
27,297 battles

Cool feature... 

Can anyone think of a reason to keep a B hull, if the C hull is in place and being used?

[RLGN]
Members
19,122 posts
35,145 battles

Cool feature... 

I'm not even sure I really understand this; isn't the A-B-C hull thing just a progression/upgrade of an existing hull?

IOW, if I have a C of something; there's still a nebulous A and B just sitting around in the ether?

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[A-D-F]
Members
7,876 posts
43,378 battles

They do not affect current stuff, unless you want to revert to them and use them, now they would be gone. You would not go to a previous hull except maybe in Omaha or Benson where choices matter. Also some DDs (e.g. Shimakaze) have usable choices of torpedoes, so you may want to keep all and switch every so often.

One caveat is when you sell, that will reduce the selling price of the whole ship, should you decide to sell it later.

Edited by alexf24

30,523 posts
6,075 battles

I'm not even sure I really understand this; isn't the A-B-C hull thing just a progression/upgrade of an existing hull?

IOW, if I have a C of something; there's still a nebulous A and B just sitting around in the ether?

Check my picture above on the Colorado. I sold the A, B hulls, the stock FCS and engines. All they do is show up as being able to be purchased again. Nothing negative happens. So sell them off. Once you upgrade, they just sit there taking up space and make a big chunk of credits.

[YARRR]
[YARRR]
Members
260 posts
5,565 battles

I bought and fully kitted an Iowa with all the crap sitting in my depot.

Only thing is I have a Furutaka A hull I can't sell for some reason?

[RLGN]
Members
19,122 posts
35,145 battles

Check my picture above on the Colorado. I sold the A, B hulls, the stock FCS and engines. All they do is show up as being able to be purchased again. Nothing negative happens. So sell them off. Once you upgrade, they just sit there taking up space and make a big chunk of credits.

Looking at that before my post and thought that might be what was meant; thanks for the clarification.

Members
309 posts
5,376 battles

Made 11 millions selling modules I don't need. 

It's a very nice addition indeed for much needed cash.

30,523 posts
6,075 battles

Looking at that before my post and thought that might be what was meant; thanks for the clarification.

No problem.