Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
warp103

Review of the Bogue t5

5 comments in this topic

[-TXT-]
Members
581 posts
14,803 battles

I know alot are not in to CV but I want do a review on this one.

[REEF]
Beta Testers
914 posts
12,902 battles

When I opened this thread and was offered to, "Pull Review" from the Bonnie Lass, well my ships mast went up and I was afraid my seaman might spill out on deck.  :great:  But it turned out to be PG and not X-rated.  :(

All kidding aside, the shortcomings of the US carriers and the Bogue, in particular, are well documented and are supposed to be addressed in a coming patch this year.  I stopped playing  my Bogue and sold it after I got the Independence.  So, I have the Langley, Independence and Ranger now.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,880 battles

Bogue serves a purpose in various missions/tasks.

When you need to score 25 torpedo hits - tier 5 and up....  yup...  Bogue's 1-1-0 gets that in one mission.

Then there was the coffee shop flag mission for 10 fires...  Saipan AS had that in one mission as well.

-- every ship has it's own special talent.  The Bogue is simple to use, has strong planes, and the 1-1-0 mode delivers manual drop torpedoes very reliably.

IJN ships are more powerful, but the operator is easy to distract - and once situation overload takes place -- starts losing planes very quickly, or is forced into auto-drops.

The low tier US CVs are very simple.

[-K-]
Members, Beta Testers
3,105 posts
10,299 battles

Go with the 1/1 stock loadout.  The torpedo bombers are enough to deal great damage at tier 5, and you'll have a fighter squadron to keep your planes free and help your team, especially if you learn to strafe well.  It also increases your reserves since you're only fielding two squadrons at once.

Also, manual drop.

[-TXT-]
Members
581 posts
14,803 battles

The I tried all modes.  For me the strike package works the best. If and only if  the other carrier is does not have the Air Sup. Pack. So it feast or famine. As of late a lot of CV using Air Sup. Pack. I am better with the Bombs, then the torps even with the manual drop.

Sign in to follow this