You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Jake_Miller_67

Seriously, is there a Tier 10 BB that a Montana can actually fight?

13 comments in this topic

[DUDS]
Members
130 posts
13,082 battles

C'mon, I understand that the game favors the Russian, German and Japanese; but can't the US ships at least get some boost to make it close?  My Montana can't even go toe to toe with a Bismarck much less the next levels of German BBs.  The German BBs get what 22" guns AND ridiculous armor?  The Yamato...I'm not even going there.  Why don't they at least say it outright: the Montana is pretty much a waste so stay in the German or Japanese trees if you want a good BB at Tier 10?  At least give us a chance to not waste our time trying for such a poor ship in comparison to its peers. 

[-NOM-]
Members
473 posts
7,193 battles

C'mon, I understand that the game favors the Russian, German and Japanese; but can't the US ships at least get some boost to make it close?  My Montana can't even go toe to toe with a Bismarck much less the next levels of German BBs.  The German BBs get what 22" guns AND ridiculous armor?  The Yamato...I'm not even going there.  Why don't they at least say it outright: the Montana is pretty much a waste so stay in the German or Japanese trees if you want a good BB at Tier 10?  At least give us a chance to not waste our time trying for such a poor ship in comparison to its peers. 

Montana getting buffed soon, confirmed by WG themselves on reddit. Montana and Iowa getting their historically accurate citadel placement, your armor will actually work to its full extent now.
Edited by Speedstang
  • Cool 1

[SOUP]
Members
9,391 posts

Montana hold up against my Yamato just fine, are you sure you're operating it properly?

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

maybe it's just not your kind of ship.

Remember that this is the guy complaining he got outplayed by a Bismarck.  No BB at high-tier period is for him, hell, no high-tier ship in general is for him, not with a total of 1200 battles and 175 of them in the Montana.

At least give us a chance to not waste our time trying for such a poor ship in comparison to its peers. 

Nobody's wasting time here but you: you're wasting your time and that of the people unfortunate enough to be stuck in a match with you by playing a game that you're not remotely prepared for.  Many people here that are reaching into the 2000 and 3000 battle ranges don't have a T10 yet and can do better than you, because they took the time to learn the game instead of buying their way into a ship that not only requires skill to play but also doesn't forgive idiocy of the kind you exude in copious amounts.  I've seen you play, and I can tell you right now that your problem is you, not the ship.

Edited by TenguBlade
  • Cool 3

[NEWBZ]
Members
248 posts
9,919 battles

Remember that this is the guy complaining he got outplayed by a Bismarck.  No BB at high-tier period is for him, hell no high-tier ship in general is for him.

wPn9T0t.gif

Edited by Sgt_Rattlehead

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Have you tried turning the Montana off and than on again?

:hmm:

Red.

Is your Refrigerator running?

[DUDS]
Members
130 posts
13,082 battles

TenguBlade: Ok, I guess I am whining incessantly and need to stop.  I do apologize to the members on this forum that have had to read my complaints and will try to be more understanding and respectful towards the game and those playing.  Thank you.  I do actually appreciate your comments...no, I'm not kidding; I am intelligent enough and old enough to know better than to cry like a baby when a game doesn't go my way. 

Members
5,450 posts
21,049 battles

Red.

Is your Refrigerator running?

Not any more. I've got that sucker chained to the floor. :teethhappy:
  • Cool 1

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

TenguBlade: Ok, I guess I am whining incessantly and need to stop.  I do apologize to the members on this forum that have had to read my complaints and will try to be more understanding and respectful towards the game and those playing.  Thank you.  I do actually appreciate your comments...no, I'm not kidding; I am intelligent enough and old enough to know better than to cry like a baby when a game doesn't go my way. 

I don't care that you're complaining, incessantly or otherwise.  What I do care about is that you're playing a ship for which you don't have the experience for, and you're complaining the problem is the ship.  The problem is not the ship, it's that virtually every other player at high-tier is more experienced than you.  That you chose the second- or third-most difficult line in the game to grind to T10 only exacerbates matters.

Edited by TenguBlade

[BLNCE]
Members
2,293 posts
7,622 battles

Montana is great IMO. 12 16" guns with good speed and AA. I have 0 problems with it averaging over 100k a game.