You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lert

Aurora in snow

27 comments in this topic

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

All of the yes.

It would be cool if they sailed her more. She would be a great morale ship, kinda like the Constitution, just...newer.

Edited by SergeantHop

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

Beautiful.

You're profile picture matches your comment perfectly. :D

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

Simply stunning! I'm saving that one!

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

Wish I could visit more museum ships :(

You've probably got me beat. I've only been on USS Texas, U-505, USS Colbia, USS Lexington, USGC Mackinaw, William A Irvin and Valley Camp. I've also sailed past the USS Stewart and USS Cavalla just to include all museum ships that I've seen in person.

Edit: Also been on the Meteor and USGC Sundew

Edited by dseehafer

[CHIGR]
[CHIGR]
Members
3,641 posts
18,839 battles

All of the yes.

It would be cool if they sailed her more. She would be a great morale ship, kinda like the Constitution, just...newer.

I concur. I wish they would sail the Constitution more, too; it seems like she only gets out one or two times a year.
Edited by pikohan

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,755 battles

wait a sec, isn't she in the water?:amazed:

and Isn't it dangerous to walk on ice?:unsure:

LERT'S IN Russia right now?!?!?!!:ohmy:

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

Dangerous to walk on Ice???

HA! :teethhappy:

You've obviously never been to Wisconsin in the wintertime. People drive trucks on the ice.. heck next weekend they are having a drag racing event on the Wisconsin river (At least I think its the Wisconsin river... not important)

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

Clearly you've never heard of Ice Road Truckers.

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

I concur. I wish they would sail the Constitution more, too; it seems like she only gets out one or two times a year.

Probably because it's incredibly expensive.

I do believe Aurora sailed to her current home under her own power though. That would have been quite the sight to see.

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles

Probably because it's incredibly expensive.

I do believe Aurora sailed to her current home under her own power though. That would have been quite the sight to see.

It was night time though... and I believe she was tugged still.

Edited by geser98

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

It was night time though... and I believe she was tugged still.

Well, any ship is going to be tugged through that narrow of a canal. 

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles

Well, any ship is going to be tugged through that narrow of a canal. 

No, all the way from Kronstadt, so she was even tugged going through the Gulf of Finland. There's some smoke coming out of the middle smokestack, but that's just for show.

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

No, all the way from Kronstadt, so she was even tugged going through the Gulf of Finland. There's some smoke coming out of the middle smokestack, but that's just for show.

It was reported that the ship sailed back from Kronstadt under her own power. Towed to Kronstadt, yes, but sailed back. Might be Russian propaganda, but at the same time, there are no images to prove or disprove this statement.

Also, there wouldn't be much smoke from the stacks in the canals while being towed anyways, as the majority of the boilers would be shut down, unneeded for that section, with only enough to keep power on the ship. 

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles

Also, there wouldn't be much smoke from the stacks in the canals

Canals lol. In the video Aurora is already in Neva river, which in that section is like 1 kilometer wide :trollface: It's actually just a different angle of what St. Petersburg port shows.

Might be Russian propaganda,

I watched Russian news. They said it was towed by 4 tow-boats :teethhappy:

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

Beautiful pic.  As for Aurora still being capable of sailing under her own power, that would be truly amazing. :ohmy:

According to the museum website, Constitution is currently in drydock undergoing her first major restoration in 20 years.  She'll definitely continue to sail for the indefinite future once that's complete though.

For fans of Old Ironsides who haven't yet checked out Naval Action, I highly recommend it.  (For the self-appointed forum police around here, NA is far too different of a game compared to WoWS for this to be considered promoting a competitor.)  Sailing the Constitution for the first time there was an even more satisfying experience than my first Iowa game here.  Perhaps because since NA leans more toward the sim side of the arcade spectrum, the Constitution is actually as overpowered for a frigate as she rightfully should be.

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,375 battles

You've probably got me beat. I've only been on USS Texas, U-505, USS Colbia, USS Lexington, USGC Mackinaw, William A Irvin and Valley Camp. I've also sailed past the USS Stewart and USS Cavalla just to include all useum ships that I've seen in person.

I went to Missouri and Midway, and that's it.

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

Canals lol. In the video Aurora is already in Neva river, which in that section is like 1 kilometer wide :trollface: It's actually just a different angle of what St. Petersburg port shows.

I watched Russian news. They said it was towed by 4 tow-boats :teethhappy:

Well, I meant the narrow bridges, not really canals. The RT article I'm reading about it right now says she returned under her own power.

https://www.rt.com/news/351689-cruiser-aurora-renovation-return/

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

Well, I meant the narrow bridges, not really canals. The RT article I'm reading about it right now says she returned under her own power.

https://www.rt.com/news/351689-cruiser-aurora-renovation-return/

Wow, that's seriously impressive.  Kinda makes me sad for the numerous far younger museum ships we have that could never hope to sail again.  Not to mention Texas and Olympia who can barely even remain afloat. :(

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

Wow, that's seriously impressive.  Kinda makes me sad for the numerous far younger museum ships we have that could never hope to sail again.  Not to mention Texas and Olympia who can barely even remain afloat. :(

Yep, it is a shame. But, at the same time, all of the Iowas are in a condition that they could likely return to active service with very little work. So, it's not like all of our museum ships are in that bad of condition.