Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HowitzerBlitzer

What tier 7 should I grind out for ranked?

31 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,982 posts
3,253 battles

Here's my current port, kind of boring if you ask me.

Q9s09Am.jpg

Since ranked doesn't allow tier 6 anymore, and tier 7 is only a few days of grinding away... I'm going to try get my first tier 7 ship (excluding Dragon Ship)! I ship the dragon ship.

But which one shall it be? I don't know what's good anymore coming back to all these changes.

Edited by HowitzerBlitzer

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

My lineup will probably be the following:

Scharnhorst, Gniesneau, Belfast, Fiji, and possibly the Atlanta.

Beta Testers
425 posts
7,912 battles

My lineup will probably be the following:

Scharnhorst, Gniesneau, Belfast, Fiji, and possibly the Atlanta.

will be my mains as well

[WOLF2]
Members
252 posts
9,980 battles

First, Pulicat's advice is the best you can get.  However, based on the ships you have (potentially) available and your stats, it looks like your best bet would be Nagato.  You play pretty well in BBs and Nagato doesn't play (that) much differently than Fuso.    You could also try to grind Myoko based on your experience in Aoba.  I wouldn't recommend any of the DDs.  Of course, ignore me and do whatever you want ;-).

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,323 posts
23,687 battles

Based on your port I would go for Nagato

Beta Testers
425 posts
7,912 battles

Based on your port I would go for Nagato

Totally agree, since time is an issue

[WG-CC]
-Members-
385 posts
4,941 battles

I feel Nagato will be your best bet. One of my favorite ships and I feel you will like it, not to mention it has SO much honour!

Also I'd you were wanting to push to Gniesenau, that could be an alternative but you will have to grind more outside of ranked. 

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,982 posts
3,253 battles

First, Pulicat's advice is the best you can get.  However, based on the ships you have (potentially) available and your stats, it looks like your best bet would be Nagato.  You play pretty well in BBs and Nagato doesn't play (that) much differently than Fuso.    You could also try to grind Myoko based on your experience in Aoba.  I wouldn't recommend any of the DDs.  Of course, ignore me and do whatever you want ;-).

I'm really bad with destroyers, even though I have 39,000 EXP on the Fubuki... So I trust what you have to say. I haven't much success with the Aoba as of late, don't know what's up with that, but I can't seem to get good damage in it anymore.

But it looks like Nagato will be my first tier 7!

Members
2,829 posts
6,653 battles

I'm really bad with destroyers, even though I have 39,000 EXP on the Fubuki... So I trust what you have to say. I haven't much success with the Aoba as of late, don't know what's up with that, but I can't seem to get good damage in it anymore.

But it looks like Nagato will be my first tier 7!

Myoko is going to be very useful with all the Belfasts and Fijis showing up.

I'd also argue the Pensacola because its concealment is being improved tomorrow.  But that's crazy talk, really.

Edited by Misniso

30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Myoko is going to be very useful with all the Belfasts and Fijis showing up.

I'd also argue the Pensacola because its concealment is being improved tomorrow.  But that's crazy talk, really.

No torps or radar, at a major disadvantage in ranked.

Members
2,829 posts
6,653 battles

No torps or radar, at a major disadvantage in ranked.

As long as someone else takes that role, you have a ship capable of crushing cruisers and battleships.  But that's assuming someone else is capable of taking that role...

30,523 posts
6,106 battles

As long as someone else takes that role, you have a ship capable of crushing cruisers and battleships.  But that's assuming someone else is capable of taking that role...

Hence why I said Pensacola is a disadvantage.

Members
2,829 posts
6,653 battles

Hence why I said Pensacola is a disadvantage.

But it's such a fun ship as long as no one is shooting at it!

30,523 posts
6,106 battles

But it's such a fun ship as long as no one is shooting at it!

Kinda hard to avoid in ranked.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,982 posts
3,253 battles

Wait, will they let you use the dragon ship in ranked? It is tier 7 after all and should appear as a Myoko to players without the special ships option enabled.

[WOLF2]
Members
252 posts
9,980 battles

Wait, will they let you use the dragon ship in ranked? It is tier 7 after all and should appear as a Myoko to players without the special ships option enabled.

Yes.  However, you cannot mount camo on it and it has a special captain you'll have to train.  I do think the lack of camo is a big negative but not necessarily at the high tiers.

Members
2,829 posts
6,653 battles

Yes.  But you can't equip camo on it.  So the enemy ships get an extra 4% accuracy and you're spotted like 0.3km earlier than a camo equipped Myoko.

It doesn't normally make a difference, but once in a blue moon the games truly are close.

Edited by Misniso

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,982 posts
3,253 battles

Yes.  However, you cannot mount camo on it and it has a special captain you'll have to train.  I do think the lack of camo is a big negative but not necessarily at the high tiers.

Oh well, at least it's my first tier 7.

UHSzH8z.jpg?1

Sign in to follow this