You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Terrible_Turtle

Finally!!! Bastion is GONE...

57 comments in this topic

[CHIGR]
[CHIGR]
Members
3,641 posts
18,823 battles

Wow, I missed that. Best patch ever, thanks WG :teethhappy:

Members
779 posts
8,226 battles

... for now.

In its current form, this mode is cancer. 

z1LN0Q5.png

I heard that the fort killed a tirpitz but never seen bastion also ocean is gone.

Just had the ocean map its cancer also.

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
349 posts
10,692 battles

I like bastion... forces dinamic gameplay, the camping sniping team loses.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

Already posted this elsewhere, but here's an amusing Yuro video on the subject for those who haven't seen it:

• Cool 3

Members
5,202 posts

It could work for PvE, but the outcome of a PvP game should never be affected by NPCs. 

As a DD, you're screwed unless someone suppresses the fort. NPC guns of battleship caliber with cruiser level accuracy? No. Just no. 

Beta Testers
3,315 posts
27,013 battles

OCEAN was one of my favorite maps a pure night naval open sea battle with NO place to hide..... 

Members
2,709 posts
17,651 battles

"..in response to statistics..."

So just how many times did "Fort kills Yamato" pop up in their data?

• Cool 1

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,363 posts
14,168 battles

Thats more or less what the game is like anyways

As a DD, you're screwed unless someone suppresses the fort. NPC guns of battleship caliber with cruiser level accuracy? No. Just no. 

NPC guns of a battleship with a cruiser's level accuracy AND a DD's reload time, you mean

OCEAN was one of my favorite maps a pure night naval open sea battle with NO place to hide..... 

I take it your a BB main?

Members
1,369 posts
3,667 battles

I didn't mind it, but then again, I never played it in a DD.

It's a good idea, but it DOES need work.

Ive played it twice, once in a DD, once in a BB.  The map was no different from any other in the BB, and i took more damage from stupid fort guns in the DD than i did the enemy team.

Members
5,450 posts
21,017 battles

There was one form of Bastion I really liked playing and that was Atlantic Bastion with ONLY 3 Forts. The 4 fort bastion that showed up on Atlantic was just silly. 

But Bastion on Hot Spot was Stupid. The middle fort that appeared on Hot Spot was insanely Over Powered and the whole format was confusing. Thankfully I only had to suffer playing Bastion on Hot Spot once but I always feared it would show up and ruin my day. 

I think if they tone down the damage the forts can do, settle on a Bastion format that can easily be understood and played with or against we might have a fun game mode. 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

I heard that the fort killed a tirpitz but never seen bastion also ocean is gone.

Just had the ocean map its cancer also.

Stop whining about Ocean. You're in the minority. It was the single most requested map in beta and also the most realistic map in the game. If you want naval combat realism Ocean is the only map that you should like.

the only ships that have it rough on Ocean are short-ranged cruisers and some destroyers. Most destroyers, most cruisers (long-ranged ones, particularly German and Russian and some US), and all battleships and carriers do perfectly fine on Ocean.

Back on topic: Yeah Bastion needed work so this is probably the best decision. Forts were hitting my Yamato harder than the enemy Yamato.

Edited by Destroyer_Kiyoshimo
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,075 battles

SWEET! Ocean can only be seen at tier 10 and the chances of it being seen were LOWERED!

Bastion didn't bug me much.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

Bastion should be a game mode in which all forts are on the map edge.

I could get behind that idea... :yes_cap:

30,523 posts
6,075 battles

Stop whining about Ocean. You're in the minority. It was the single most requested map in beta and also the most realistic map in the game. If you want naval combat realism Ocean is the only map that you should like.

the only ships that have it rough on Ocean are short-ranged cruisers and some destroyers. Most destroyers, most cruisers (long-ranged ones, particularly German and Russian and some US), and all battleships and carriers do perfectly fine on Ocean.

I was against Ocean from the outset because it forces the playstyle EVERYONE HATES. Long range sniper mode.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

I was against Ocean from the outset because it forces the playstyle EVERYONE HATES. Long range sniper mode.

I find I'm more comfortable with aggression on Ocean as a battleship because there are no islands to funnel me into destroyer ambush zones, no choke points, and no islands for bad enemy battleship captains to hide behind because they don't know how to use their armor.

Cruisers have it worst on Ocean, I'll admit, so a CA main having a vastly different opinion from mine is understandable.

[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,044 posts

YES!!!  Have a fort hit you on the nose and detonate your DD .   I think I have been killed by the fort the most.  5 or 6 times.

Alpha Tester
884 posts
3,403 battles

If you want naval combat realism Ocean is the only map that you should like.

People play WoWS for its realism?

And good riddance to Bastion.

As it was, it was seriously broken.

30,523 posts
6,075 battles

I find I'm more comfortable with aggression on Ocean as a battleship because there are no islands to funnel me into destroyer ambush zones, no choke points, and no islands for bad enemy battleship captains to hide behind because they don't know how to use their armor.

Cruisers have it worst on Ocean, I'll admit, so a CA main having a vastly different opinion from mine is understandable.

Not even that, DD's really can't close in all that well, cruisers it's a death sentence to be anywhere near the battle line, my Roon can attest to that. Only thing that kept me alive in my Roon was sitting 19km way and shaking my tail. I even hate it in BBs. I just flatly hate the map. Regardless of what I drive at that given moment.