NikoPower

Update 0.6.1 - Update Notes and Downtime w/ 0.6.1.1 Update Info

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

95 posts in this topic

US. heavy cruisers get a buff. I suppose it's good for the game, but not realistic. They did not do well against Japanese CAs in real life. WG overlooked the real advantages of US cruisers, radar better than anyone elses, and better damage control. They mostly suffered by getting torpedoed, when they didn't have torpedoes themselves. The confused night battles in Ironbottom Sound took a heavy toll on US cruisers, although the North Carolina-class BBs proved to be much better than the two Kongo-class BBs the Japanese lost there.

You're concerned about realism while the only decent IJN cruisers(and all the other lines except USN) are not even real ships? 

US. heavy cruisers get a buff. I suppose it's good for the game, but not realistic. They did not do well against Japanese CAs in real life. WG overlooked the real advantages of US cruisers, radar better than anyone elses, and better damage control. They mostly suffered by getting torpedoed, when they didn't have torpedoes themselves. The confused night battles in Ironbottom Sound took a heavy toll on US cruisers, although the North Carolina-class BBs proved to be much better than the two Kongo-class BBs the Japanese lost there.

Only one of the US BBs was a North Carolina class (USS Washington) The other was the South Dakota, lead ship of her class.

Probably because people dont want 250 reduced dmg when ramming flags. 

Instead, people will get useless special upgrades to sell.  Id rather have the flags.

• We've ended the special discount Co-Op Battle service cost, instead reducing Co-Op battle service cost by 25%

Eehhhh, I hope that doesn't ruin my credit earnings for playing my T10's bcuz I love playing T10's constantly in PVE but I can't bcuz I hate seeing myself losing 10s of thousands of credits lost. Yes yes I know I can earn them back while playing prem ships but I don't like playing 1-3 battles as a T10 ship then playing a prem ship for like 5-6 matches to get my money back that I lost in my T10 battles. That's just non sence. :(

Probably because people dont want 250 reduced dmg when ramming flags. 

I forgot, that's the only signal in the game. There are no other signals.

Do the container changes (4 instead of 5 flags in TYL-containers) also apply to collected and stored (not opened) containers?

Please tell us they have expanded/updated the server facilities so the download will occur at normal, modern d/l speeds? 

A number of these huge patches are taking FOREVER to download... if they haven't addressed it in this patch/update, can it be placed as a relatively high priority on the operational side of things? 

New format (spoilers) good - thanks. 

Captains! It's that time again! Update 0.6.1 is here! Check it out below. Feedback sections will be opened up tomorrow ... 

D1Tsig1.gif

I have to say I'm not to happy about the change to the Ocean map as it is one of my favorites or the removal of Bastion mode. On the flip side I am pleased to see I shouldn't end up on Shards every other battle. The changes to the container system are very nice as well, might actually get a Supercontainer again. 

Overall this looks like a very good patch bringing in many of the things we have been asking about for a while now.

Diggin' the spoiler tabs, keeps the post condensed and I can go to what I'm most interested in without scrolling. I'll withhold judgement on the update until I get a few matches under the waterline..

Why always announce 0500 to 0700 eastern time when servers are never ready at 0700et ?    now it's 0720 et and still down.... happens every update

Why always announce 0500 to 0700 eastern time when servers are never ready at 0700et ?    now it's 0720 et and still down.... happens every update

Server says it's up and running too.

Seams like every update is never ready at 0700 et.    Almost 0730 et. and only 1 player is listed.    Why is it never  available at 0700 et ??????     If it's a problem then give it till 0800 et ???????

So it's up...and the inventory won't open. Ah well.

Edited by SalvoSanta

I like the new format.  Easy to read and can now go to the specific area I want to investigate.

Quick question: "Valentine's 2017" Commemorative Flag

Is this coming on Valentine's Day? Does it require any special effort to get or is it just "rewarded" for signing on? 

I know....meaningless to most folks. But my wife wants to know :)

Edited by Deputy276

Do the container changes (4 instead of 5 flags in TYL-containers) also apply to collected and stored (not opened) containers?

Damn, they do.

Niko,

I really like your new format for the update notes....thank you.  :great:

0.067%/sec?

so like....0.6% per 9 sec and 6% for the entire duration of flooding?

what nerf to flooding damage