Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GORDONYZ

New Damage Control Party 1 Huge Buff for USN BB?

27 comments in this topic

[AAA]
Members
67 posts
19,162 battles

Increases the consumable’s operation time by 40%

- US battleships gain an eight-second bonus for Damage Control Party, meaning extra safe time from fire and flooding

for USN BB you are getting 20 x 1.4 +8 = 36 20 x 1.4 =28 seconds of immunity

and if use Premium Damage Control, with skills and flags you are getting: 80 x (1-0.1) x (1-0.05) x (1-0.05) = 65 seconds cooldown

That leaves 29 37seconds for setting on fire and burn

Edited by GORDONYZ

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

What slot does it go into? Generally, looks like a very minor buff, but may not even be that if you have to sacrifice something useful for it.

[BHSN]
Members
2,564 posts
4,522 battles

What slot does it go into? Generally, looks like a very minor buff, but may not even be that if you have to sacrifice something useful for it.

what do you mean what slot? it's a consumable. 

this is the repair ability all ships get...

Edited by scruffycavetroll

[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,768 posts
4,462 battles

what do you mean what slot? it's a consumable. 

this is the repair ability all ships get...

Read the patch notes. There will be a new upgrade/module that, for T6, 7 and 8, will go in the 4th upgrade slot. For tiers 9 and 10, it goes ino the 5th upgrade slot.

[SF-3]
Beta Testers
594 posts
8,966 battles

OP's math is broken, it would be 28 seconds of DCP instead of 20 seconds, for which you have to give up a module slot. Also, the cooldown on DCP doesn't begin until the active effect ends, so it's still over a minute between DCPs.

• Cool 1

[BHSN]
Members
2,564 posts
4,522 battles

Read the patch notes. There will be a new upgrade/module that, for T6, 7 and 8, will go in the 4th upgrade slot. For tiers 9 and 10, it goes ino the 5th upgrade slot.

Roger that. didn't read them yet :):honoring:

Members, Beta Testers
1,591 posts
2,659 battles

They really should have added a new module slot for these, as it stands the majority of these new upgrades are not worth taking over the current ones.

I think the Engine Boost one for cans was the only one were the benefit of the new upgrade might be better than the current module options.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Slot 4: DCSM1, PM1, SG1 (aka the slot that offers very little)

Verdict: Upgrade

Slot 5: DCSM2, PM2, SG2 (aka the slot that is very important to steering)

Verdict: Downgrade

They really should have added a new module slot for these, as it stands the majority of these new upgrades are not worth taking over the current ones.

I think that's the point.

If it was an upgrade that didn't have a tradeoff, it would be flat out OP and would break the game, as you will end up with haves and have-nots.

Edited by MrDeaf
  • Cool 1

[AAA]
Members
67 posts
19,162 battles

OP's math is broken, it would be 28 seconds of DCP instead of 20 seconds, for which you have to give up a module slot. Also, the cooldown on DCP doesn't begin until the active effect ends, so it's still over a minute between DCPs.

Thank you for clarification. I knew the 8 would not be stacked with 40%
  • Cool 1

Members
1,515 posts
8,453 battles

Slot 4: DCSM1, PM1, SG1 (aka the slot that offers very little)

Verdict: Upgrade

Slot 5: DCSM2, PM2, SG2 (aka the slot that is very important to steering)

Verdict: Downgrade

If it was an upgrade that didn't have a tradeoff, it would be flat out OP and would break the game, as you will end up with haves and have-nots.

The USN BB's already are have nots lol....
  • Cool 1

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

So for T6-8, you're giving up either faster rudder shift or decreased fire/flood duration.

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,172 posts
10,840 battles

That's the slot with the rudder shift module, right?

Pass.

Members, Beta Testers
1,591 posts
2,659 battles

Right now I'm not convinced many offer enough to be worth the trade so its just filler.  If they offered a new slot and a wider variety of upgrades for each class with softer buffs it might be more interesting.  For example a BB could choose between a quicker reload on repair, damage control or cat planes.

Members
1,515 posts
8,453 battles

That's the slot with the rudder shift module, right?

Pass.

No kidding, they already turn slow enough even with the module, screw that.
Edited by Hangoverhomey

Members
1,515 posts
8,453 battles

Right now I'm not convinced many offer enough to be worth the trade so its just filler.  If they offered a new slot and a wider variety of upgrades for each class with softer buffs it might be more interesting.  For example a BB could choose between a quicker reload on repair, damage control or cat planes.

I never use my planes so yeah, I'd take better repair any day.

Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,070 battles

I just don't feel like many of these are worth it.

The Radar upgrade that could be used on the Baltimore isn't beneficial enough to give up 10% permanent concealment buff at all times. The Baltimore suffers greatly from having a small effective range for it's guns, so making it harder to see is vital to it being able to not just hunt DDs, but survive in general.  Extended radar without the extra concealment doesn't really make sense.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

I just don't feel like many of these are worth it.

The Radar upgrade that could be used on the Baltimore isn't beneficial enough to give up 10% permanent concealment buff at all times. The Baltimore suffers greatly from having a small effective range for it's guns, so making it harder to see is vital to it being able to not just hunt DDs, but survive in general.  Extended radar without the extra concealment doesn't really make sense.

I think the radar module is only useful on Black, Chappy and Belfast

Black and Chappy have radar range that is longer than their concealment

Belfast still has pretty good concealment and smoke it can rely on to stay hidden.

[-K--]
8,172 posts
10,840 battles

I think the radar module is only useful on Black, Chappy and Belfast

Black and Chappy have radar range that is longer than their concealment

Belfast still has pretty good concealment and smoke it can rely on to stay hidden.

On Chappy you'll be giving up the fast rudder shift, which makes dodging shells so much easier. It's too soft of a ship to have worse dodging for slightly better radar.

On Belfast the concealment is too valuable to give up as well, since it spends a lot of time relatively close to the enemy team (either hunting DDs or pewpewpewing out of smoke).

All in all, I think the new modules aren't very useful. Well, maybe the smoke and engine boost upgrades can be good.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,072 posts
1,514 battles

Also belfast can't mount it and neither can chappy. T9 and T10 only.

Members
279 posts
4,207 battles

On Chappy you'll be giving up the fast rudder shift, which makes dodging shells so much easier. It's too soft of a ship to have worse dodging for slightly better radar.

On Belfast the concealment is too valuable to give up as well, since it spends a lot of time relatively close to the enemy team (either hunting DDs or pewpewpewing out of smoke).

All in all, I think the new modules aren't very useful. Well, maybe the smoke and engine boost upgrades can be good.

Haven't heard about the new upgrades yet, what are the effects of the smoke/engine boost ones and what slot are they in?

As a DD main, this is important

[-K--]
8,172 posts
10,840 battles

Yep, you're right. I didn't read the patch notes carefully enough :)

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

In that case, it's only useful on Black.

Sign in to follow this