You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
stockmankrause

Nagato

25 comments in this topic

Members
779 posts
8,226 battles

Just had a battle i was in my dd and i could not take the cap i tried 3 times and was forced out every time no support.

Anyhow on my third attempt just before we lost as all my team was dead i snook in on the edge of cap and smoked up.

DETECTED....................oh jesus how?

Looked behind me nothing and in front nothing...........

Then a nagato popped in to view round some rocks at like a 1km range i couldnt torp him he couldnt shoot me so i shot backwards and torped him and died.

I hit the nagato from bow to stern with 8 solid torpedos no kill?

This correct?

CCXUpAd.jpg

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

Sims can't kill a full health BB with it's sea mines silly! They only do 8,500 alpha damage.

• Cool 1

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Damage saturation+the fact that Sims' torps do very little damage. 

Members
5,202 posts

Just had a battle i was in my dd and i could not take the cap i tried 3 times and was forced out every time no support.

Anyhow on my third attempt just before we lost as all my team was dead i snook in on the edge of cap and smoked up.

DETECTED....................oh jesus how?

Looked behind me nothing and in front nothing...........

Then a nagato popped in to view round some rocks at like a 1km range i couldnt torp him he couldnt shoot me so i shot backwards and torped him and died.

I hit the nagato from bow to stern with 8 solid torpedos no kill?

This correct?

Spoiler

It took 8 Sims torps to put down a Cleveland. The Nagato has more health and a better torpedo belt.... not surprising that you didn't kill it. 
Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT

[ICOP]
Members
1,079 posts
4,783 battles

Based on your description of events it would seem the Nagato was close enough that the torp did not meet the minimum criteria to arm thus no damage to the Nagato.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,209 posts
15,770 battles

damage saturation.

4 solid torps on a bayern spread out 16k damage is damage saturation?wth

If multiple torpedoes hit the same section much of the damage is wasted.

Members
5,202 posts

So................sims needs a buff to torps.

Nope. The Sims' strength is in her guns. The torpedoes are usable, but they don't need to be buffed. If they were, the ship would be OP. 
  • Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

So................sims needs a buff to torps.

The buff is to use the fast, short range torpedoes (36% more damage). I prefer them myself but will probably use the sea mines for ranked.

Members
779 posts
8,226 battles

Nope. The Sims' strength is in her guns. The torpedoes are usable, but they don't need to be buffed. If they were, the ship would be OP. 

The buff is to use the fast, short range torpedoes (36% more damage). I prefer them myself but will probably use the sea mines for ranked.

Sims guns lol i would rather die than use the crap guns.

Short range torps i would rather die than use them.

Members
5,202 posts

The guns and maneuverability are what set the Sims apart as the undisputed best cap-contester at T7. If you can't learn to make them work then pick a different ship. 

EDIT: As for your original post, the Detailed Report screen would be significantly more useful. The team score is irrelevant to your point. 

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

That's the difference between someone who paid the gold price for a US DD instead of the iron price.

Those of us who cut our teeth on the Clemson, Nicholas and Farragut have no problems with the 5.5km torpedoes.

• Cool 3

Members
67 posts
14,716 battles

That's the difference between someone who paid the gold price for a US DD instead of the iron price.

Those of us who cut our teeth on the Clemson, Nicholas and Farragut have no problems with the 5.5km torpedoes.

don't get me wrong,  I love my USN DD guns.   But basing on your statement,  I am a bit curious if you would still say the same for the Russian DDs with their next to worthless 4km torpedoes. ....

[KIA]
Members
3,839 posts
18,555 battles

don't get me wrong,  I love my USN DD guns.   But basing on your statement,  I am a bit curious if you would still say the same for the Russian DDs with their next to worthless 4km torpedoes. ....

If you're playing USN or Russian DD for their torps, then you're wrong.

USN DD have good alpha damage with HE, they are fast and manoeuvrable but their arc is crap. The more you close the distance between you and the target, the better you will perform.

Russian DD are sniping DD, you shoot from long range with your laser accuracy and fast travelling shells and you set fire while dodging incoming shells with you're insane speed.

USN DD can stealth torps if you're not too dumb, i managed to do a devastating strike in my Farragut without being spotted using my torps. About Russian torps are just here as defensive tool in knife fight and 10 torps coming at 70 kts torps from a Kiev a Kiev isn't something you can easily avoid.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

I've hit NM with 1+ 8 suicide volley (I was cornered)  and it died to flooding  lol.   sea mines jut don't do enough. (it was spread out from front, side and back)         they don't do much  dmg.   its funny, but NM seems to be  tougher than colorado against torps.      

Members
1,515 posts
8,453 battles

I've hit NM with 1+ 8 suicide volley (I was cornered)  and it died to flooding  lol.   sea mines jut don't do enough. (it was spread out from front, side and back)         they don't do much  dmg.   its funny, but NM seems to be  tougher than colorado against torps.    

Yeah the torps on the sims are not very good, it is still a fun boat though.  As for the NM seeming like it's tougher than the Colorado, that's because it is.  It has better armor layout and more hit points....  Figure that one out.

[NUWES]
Members
3,848 posts
15,814 battles

damage saturation.

^. It's a fun thing. I was in a lightly damaged Arizona and a Japanese DD popped up behind an island and launched a boatload of torps. I turned into them took 5 or so dead on the bow (I think only the first 2 did damage and the rest just hit the saturated forward section) and then blew the DD away with 5 hits from the main battery (he was at 2k range or so). He was pissed. Couldn't understand why I wasn't dead or very close to it. lol

[BL4CK]
Members
144 posts
5,441 battles

OP is in a sims if he has long range tops they do like 8k max damage which is crap so if 1 or 2 of those torps hit max damage sat or the torp belt cuts enough of the damage off then yeah he will eat them and give no F***s which is what it looks like happen