QuickB39

Scharnhorst

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

145 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think they should make the guns bigger?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

48 posts in this topic

The Scharnhorst needs bigger guns! It's a waist of $45 to buy the teir 7 premium German battleship the Scharnhorst when it only has 283mm guns. PLEASE make the main battery guns 306mm so it's worth the money.

The Scharnhorst needs bigger guns! It's a waist of $45 to buy the teir 7 premium German battleship the Scharnhorst when it only has 283mm guns. PLEASE make the main battery guns 306mm so it's worth the money.

Well documented as to why. Don't like the 283's don't buy it and earn the Gneis for free.

It is worth the money it is borderline OP. I would be surprised to not see one in almost every round of the upcoming ranked season.

They've got a 20 second reload, you can punish cruisers a lot easier with those than with the standard 30 second, or even 25 second reloads.

I'm learning that you have to employ smart target selection, HE (when appropriate), favorable ROF, and torps at the right times to use the Scharn to its maximum potential.  I still have a tough time carrying in her, but I'm steadily getting more damage and kills and having a lot of fun along the way because with her mobility you are always in the fight.

Compare and contrast at the same tier with the Colorado, which has a far more powerful main battery, but half the time you can't get into position to use it.

Maybe they will someday add the option to select which guns you want.  That way you can nerf change it to the larger caliber.

Two things, 

It is spelled waste.

The guns are fine...

If you are having that much trouble......

Use the torpedoes.

Here you go:

Its sitting at the top of the Tier VII BB Stats in nearly every metric, it doesn't need any changes.

Scharnhorst is one of the best designed prems in the game.  The guns may not be Genny's, but the rate of fire is fantastic and the turret traverse allows you to pick and choose the best targets quickly.

She's amazing, I just had a top xp match in mine a few minutes ago and it was easy bullying all the underage ships into submission. You need to know when to use HE and when to use AP and knowing what part of a ship to target is another key skill.

It is worth the money it is borderline OP. I would be surprised to not see one in almost every round of the upcoming ranked season.

You better believe I'll be sailing it ALLLL the time.

~B

The caliber isn't the main issue, it's the penetration. Smart players will keep their ship angled all the time so the main guns are isles because they do nothing but bounce. But whatever, just means Wargaming will be making one less pretty penny.

Here you go:

Its sitting at the top of the Tier VII BB Stats in nearly every metric, it doesn't need any changes.

I just love this video it's so humorous.

The caliber isn't the main issue, it's the penetration. Smart players will keep their ship angled all the time so the main guns are isles because they do nothing but bounce. But whatever, just means Wargaming will be making one less pretty penny.

migrane_always_sunny.gif

It's not the boat:

stats.png

As an average player at best, I'd offer the Scharn is pretty darn awesome and can be forgiving even for weaker players. When I sail it properly and play smart, it garners great rewards and does serious damage. I know I'm not the first to say it, but the key is to remember it's actually a battlecruiser and should be played like one and not as a true battleship. It's easy to desire bigger guns for any ship, but the Scharn is balanced and fits in it's own category.  I really like the Tirpitz, but the secret is out and few people now underestimate the ship. The Scharn, on the other hand, still seems to catch many unsuspecting broadsided cruisers ripe for annihilation and battleships begging for at the least some pesky damage. Knowing the difference between storming directly into harm's way as opposed to taking advantage of the position of enemy fleets will make all the difference as to how this ship performs.

I can easily understand wanting bigger rifles. Believe me, I'd have my St. Louis bristling with 18" guns if it were physically possible, but I'd imagine when a player truly learns the nuances of the Scharn they wouldn't really want nor need bigger guns. 

Edited by ADM_Zakk_Zero

It's not the boat:

Guilty of padding her stats to make her overtake Gneisenau.:hiding:

* waste

You want a buff to a ship that is very widely regarded as one of the best (if not THE best) overall ship in the game.  A poll on players' favorite ships on this forum resulted in over 100 ships being named, but the Scharnhorst had the most votes...by far.  It's smaller guns means you can't blast away at things as you would in a typical battleship, but Scharnhorst is far from handicapped by her guns.

Scharnhorst is a waste of money?  HA!  Scharnhorst provides top notch fun factor for your dollar.  Look at your own poll results...I don't know if I have EVER seen such lopsided results.  Not one person has agreed with your assessment.  The problem with your enjoyment of Scharnhorst is you, not the ship.

TL: DR

Get gud, scrub.

Edited by desmo_2

You're kidding, right? Sharnhorst is awesome even when helmed by mediocre scrublord skippers.  Play her as a very large cruiser with armor.  Sharn is not a battlecruiser, nor a battleship.  Watch Yuro's YouTube video about how to play her.  Her guns are fine for your primary targets (cruisers and destroyers). Her secondaries can burn BB's to the waterline.  I have had Awesome matches in this ship.  She prints credits like a machine.

There was an historical proposal to rearm this class with 38 cm (15") guns like the Bismarck had.  This class would have had just 6.  So, if it were allowed as an upgrade no problem here, but you'd have just 6 main armament guns to work with.

Spend some time studying how it can be used to devestating effect on youtube. Adopt those tactics and you wont care what guns it has!

Well documented as to why. Don't like the 283's don't buy it and earn the Gneis for free.

My Gneisnau licks it's chops when it sees Scharnhorsts on the other team.

As awiggin says, don't be stupid and buy one when you can earn a better ship.

If only you Sea Scum would do the grind instead of the big baby 'I want it now' buying then whining - it needs 'bigger gunzies'.

The Scharnhorst had 11 inches guns, so I want WoWS to keep the proper guns on the ship. But they have to un-nerf either the penetration or dispersion. The 11 inch guns on the Graf Spee are brilliant! I assumed the same german 11 inches guns, would preform the same on the Scharnhorst....wrong. The Scharnhorst is the most expensive premium ship,I bought and the first I regret buying.  

Update:  Feb 16th.  The Scharnhorst is starting to grow on me.  I'm now getting pleasing results from her in ranked battles. She works best, as a close quarter bar fighter, 10 kilos or less. Yes, she will get battered and burned a bit, but you will come out on top....most of the time. Don't bother with long distance arty duals,  thats a sure one way ticket to davy jones locker

Update:  March 2nd. Kraken plus 1 in Ranked battle......I'm officially completely infatuated with my beautiful german femme-fatale, Lady Scharna. There will never be another who can replace her, someone tell my wife, I moved to Germany to start a new life.  

SCH01_zpsfnwknjd3.jpg

Edited by HMS_Lollipop