NikoPower

How to modify your in game sound effects

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

95 posts in this topic

Sorry bud but can't really hear them at all with the loud main guns firing and the music playing. But definately would welcome something like this as i have sound files for AAA sounds and secodary guns as well but don't know how to change them just the main batteries themselves???

I'm still working on it though I find the close range to be fine for me. Anyway for AA sounds you don't have to put the ships code and name for it to work. 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/175504356773330944/283048034168995842/AAguns.jpg Here's what one of my AA folders looks like 

I don't know about secondary guns sadly.

I can confirm that in order for your sound mod to work, you must switch the "Modification" of "Voiceovers" to whatever your mod is named. Otherwise you will not get your gun sounds.

So I have to choose between custom sounds and national voiceovers?

Incoming requests:

1, Could we mod this by ship class and nation?

2, Is there a way to "add" new sound without removing the stock one (i.e. play both "poi" and the normal sound when firing)?

3, Is it possible to set a sound available for your own ship only (instead of all friendly ships)?

I have done the configuration as it appears here for the modification of the AA and if it works but the difference, or the problem is that the sound of the antiaircraft defenses are the least exhausted that the rest of the sounds of the game, it is only possible to distinguish

What can I do to be able to increase the volume level of these effects

I have done the configuration as it appears here for the modification of the AA and if it works but the difference, or the problem is that the sound of the antiaircraft defenses are the least exhausted that the rest of the sounds of the game, it is only possible to distinguish

What can I do to be able to increase the volume level of these effects

I use http://www.audacityteam.org/ to fix lowwer and higher sound effects though you need a 3rd part .DLL to export to .mp3 

So I have to choose between custom sounds and national voiceovers?

Doesn't seem like it's a limitation if set up correctly.

I was able to drop the SFX folder tree into my res_mods\0.6.1.1\mods\Kancolle voice mods folder and have it play both the Yamato Shock Cannon sound for the main gun and the ambient Kancolle voices.

I'll have to check but maybe you can copy the SFX folder into the national voices folders to get the same effect.

edit: The National voices all have the Voice folder in them.. you should be able to drop the SFX folder in them to edit the sound effects as well.  (I can probably test over the weekend myself...)

Basically the structure was res_mods\0.6.1.1\mods\Kancolle\SFX\ - Gun sound folder tree

\-----\Voice\ - Voice mod folder tree.

Edited by Jinxed_Katajainen

Just set everything up like you guys have said. thought there was an error, then realized I didn't have the mod set in-game, still not working. went back and check the files again. I'm heading out soon, but will be back tonight, hopefully I, with help from you guys, can figure it out.

So I checked the files again, and everything seems to be in order. same with the in-game voice modification setting. Not sure if I can get screenshots, but later when I'm at home I can at least type out what the files are named/where they are.

I can't seem to get it to work. I've set up the folders exactly as shown in the example, but there isn't an option in the sound settings to change anything and it only plays the default sounds. Does each hull upgrade need it's now folder or something?

"Does each hull upgrade need it's now folder or something?", this i can tell does not matter. 

Is it possible to mod all of your ship sounds at once rather than induvidually?

Don't think so unfortunately as each ship needs to have its own sounds according to the individual ship id.

Is it possible to mod all of your ship sounds at once rather than induvidually?

Don't think so unfortunately as each ship needs to have its own sounds according to the individual ship id.

Actually, you can download a mod that changes the sounds, the issue though would be if you want specific sounds that a mod doesn't exist for.

Will we get the names for the french ships when they release? and also does southern dragon share myoko file or does it have it's own? 

Names for the France cruisers already exist in the game files. You need content_packages.xml, it list every ship in the game by tier. Even the ships that is still in testing by supertesters. Also no, each myoko have it own ship Id#, so a different folder for each of them is required

Posted (edited) · Report post

Oh okay thanks major!

Edited by Yamato025

Yeah I tried to mix Segals voice with the SFX gun files and game wont load.

Can somebody please update this to include french cruisers???