SuperNikoPower

How to modify your in game sound effects

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

98 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

In this guide, we will give you examples of how you can modify the sounds of the game client without using special software.

However, we would like to notice that currently this guide applies to modification of the sounds of main battery, AA guns, torpedo tubes and anti-torpedo armament only.

As more options of modifying sounds are added (for example voice, sounds or music in the port), the guide will be expanded.

Important! The given process of modification, will allow you not to convert sounds into WEM format but to use more popular MP3 format.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The directory structure and location of the path:

Sound modifications work from a designated place in the game client, and are located in the following path:

for example: С:\Games\World_of_Warships\res\banks\OfficialMods

Or they can work from the directory for mods, where banks folder and its contents should be copied beforehand.

for example: С:\Games\World_of_Warships\res_mods\banks\OfficialMods

In this directory, you should create a folder with the mod and give it a unique name, for example "CrazyBear"

1c9ab0667e1db13866bf928aa7899538.png

In the folder you've created, you should create SFX folder.

Voice Folder is reserved for voice-over of voice commands and commander of the ship.

7a7745a6e50a0bf7f22971f2f6c265d6.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In SFX folder create the desired folder:

63adf8d5d0b045ce92bf4de39782b161.png

AAC0 - the sound of long range anti-aircraft aura

AAC1 - the sound of middle range anti-aircraft aura

AAC2 - the sound of close range anti-aircraft aura

MainGun - the sounds of main battery

SecondaryGun - the sounds of anti-torpedo armorment

TA – Sounds of torpedo tubes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the folder you've created, create folders with indices of the ships, the sounds of which you are going to modify.

They look as follows:

c089433869cb09be0cb0079bc8d4bbc1.png

Use double underscore!!!

Table of indices of ships:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the folder with the index of the ship, create two more folders:

isPlayer__False

isPlayer__True

Use double underscore!!!

828bb25bfccf92098997dbac3e439457.png

isPlayer__True — the sounds used for your ship in particular are added here.

0d307a9cd7965bf5f55733df6202b894.png

isPlayer__False - the sounds for your or enemy’s team are added here.

c5afd4da294fd088b99608593a1e78b8.png

In fact, on this step the whole process of creating armament sound modifications in the game is completed.

Now you can run the game and enjoy the results of your work

For your convenience, here is an example of the finished modification: download the example

so does this mean the update coming very soon?

also you forgot to pinned this topic

Amazing and finally!

Now I eagerly await some crazy sfx people will come up with.

I know there was a star wars sfx someone wanted to do and I obviously would love totally over the top sfx.

Who wants to bet that the first mod that comes out is Poi?

However, we would like to notice that currently this guide applies to modification of the sounds of main battery, AA guns, torpedo tubes and anti-torpedo armament only.

Oh great, get ready for an influx of posts asking how do I shoot torpedoes with my "anti-torpedo" armament...

Oh great, get ready for an influx of posts asking how do I shoot torpedoes with my "anti-torpedo" armament...

Press "T". :trollface:

Who wants to bet that the first mod that comes out is Poi?

QUIET!

-Le' Snip-

Niko, the images aren't showing.. something broke :C

Edited by DarthDoge

so I guess we are looking at an AK-230 or similar CIWS type system.

Thank you for the guide. This will surely spice the game up. I really wanted these kind of sound modifications.

Just for the heads up to modders, I quickly made Poione and tested on my Zao but didn`t work, so I think it`s unusable on 0.6.0.1 yet. 

As more options of modifying sounds are added (for example voice, sounds or music in the port), the guide will be expanded.

Also for a quick question, I checked the example template you uploaded and saw that we have to put each corresponding sound files for ship. Will there be an option that can apply a single sound file to all ships instead of placing them one by one? 

Edited by Nanasaki_Koko

Thank you for the guide. This will surely spice the game up. I really wanted these kind of sound modifications.

Just for the heads up to modders, I quickly made Poione and tested on my Zao but didn`t work, so I think it`s unusable on 0.6.0.1 yet.

it will come in 0.6.1 update. they're just giving us a head start to make some new sound effect mods before the patch hits. I already have plans to make star wars version :P

it will come in 0.6.1 update. they're just giving us a head start to make some new sound effect mods before the patch hits. I already have plans to make star wars version :P

​Make Yamato's guns the Death Star noise LOL.  And Zao's sound like flamethrowers of complete and utter "balance".

​Make Yamato's guns the Death Star noise LOL.  And Zao's sound like flamethrowers of complete and utter "balance".

don't worry, Yamato will have the loudest gun sound due to it gun size

From this point on every time I fire my guns I will have poi.. I think allowing us to do this might just be a bad idea.

BTW the pictures are broken.

Edited by IJN_Cruiser_Jintsuu

Sweet. I guess we can start beforehand. Thanks for the info!

I have been playing carriers lately - is there any way to increase the volume of the voice over that updates the status of each plane group?

tyia

Thanks for the instructions!

Does anyone see the images!? I can't,

The images dont work! I want to make ships shoot lasers! Fix em, Nao!

Both WG games are releasing updates to support audio modifications. And i am bring this to both. Its an old mod that doesn't work anymore, so dont ask for it...yet. :honoring:

Hmm. wait, this is actually really simple. All I really need is the appropriate ship ID for each ship. Damn, this is a lot more straight forward then Tanks.

Edited by thestuff

What if I told you...

That the broken links were the actual images? :B