Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Wrongway_Mike

Consumable Upgrades..

4 comments in this topic

Members
9 posts
3,588 battles

I like the 'Idea' of the Consumable upgrades, & they all seem ok but one.. The Smoke..

Why the hell would I take an upgrade that decreases the Duration of the Smoke ?? 

That makes no sense to me at all.. If you're gonna give the Smoke a perk, don't nerf it right from the start.. 

If you think the perk is too strong, then don't offer it.. 

Just an observation..

"Wrongway_Mike"

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,712 posts
26,569 battles

Why the hell would I take an upgrade that decreases the Duration of the Smoke ??

The smoke clouds don't last as long, but you emit smoke for longer, meaning it's more useful for making quick escapes than laying smoke to sit in.

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,816 battles

Maybe a ship like Perth could benefit from this. However, I don't think Perth can mount it.

EDIT: NVM it can.

Edited by pewpewpew42

Members
692 posts
21,361 battles

That makes no sense to me at all.. If you're gonna give the Smoke a perk, don't nerf it right from the start.. 

If you think the perk is too strong, then don't offer it.

I agree with Lert, depends on what you normally do with your smoke.

USN - Nope useless to me 

IJN - 50/50 could go both ways - Yes if you use as an escape tool - No if using it as a support tool, such as smoking a BB to reduce the hits he takes pops off rounds. I tried it in the Yugumo and had one game where I found an advantage to it.            Bismark is stopped (not sure why), well we got ourselves in a pickle (we were the only 2 ships on that flank). As half of the enemy fleet rounded the corner he started in with SOS so I sailed behind him and popped smoke down his port                side then turned around to spot. When I looked behind me the cloud appeared to be twice as long as the Bismark or more (hard to tell when you are driving away). Did it really help him out? All I can say is it seemed to. Where I have a                problem is it is taking up a slot that I want another skill in which I think was the intent.

Sign in to follow this