You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
robbaz123

nerf AA or i quit this game

24 comments in this topic

[DERRR]
Members
115 posts
2,864 battles
so I went and played couple match on my tier 10 hak and guess what almost all of my squadron gets r@ped by 1 SHIP and no they weren't iowa,min or des moines instead it was a Moskva, like REALLY wg is this a secret update on rebalancing cause if it is then change it cause EVERY ship on tier 10 is AA suited and now CV in tier 10 is so USELESS unless you found a isolated ship without OP AA suited and yes every match i went, i got my squadron shot down pretty fast please nerf aa and remove AA def except the US and other cruiser like atago cause she needs AA def other wise she would be in the bottom of the ocean really quick, but if you do decided to nerf AA then nerf the dmg on squadron cause it would make it cv OP AF again (close beta is where cv was OP), oh and Battlebabies stop whining about cv being op, and also people that said "choose wisely then" or "get better scrub" then you go play as a tier 10 and try and atleast torp a fully suited AA yamato, yes the yamato will survive and your plane will survive but yamato will probably shoot down most of your torp squad without any help

Members
4,274 posts
4,649 battles

Well, devs had said a CV rework is happening, so maybe it's good to wait for that

[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
1,257 posts
12,077 battles

Don't you get 50 something planes?

So you lost all you planes to one ship?  Why didn't you change targets after the 1st Sqn died?

• Cool 2

Members
184 posts
181 battles

1.) Best to change or prevent using titles such as the one you posted. It makes people not take you seriously and also makes you look foolish. When I first read the title I thought to myself. "Yea, the developers are not going to change the game for one person."

2.) If you want the game to actually change, it is best to post a constructive thread. I normal post in a format such as this: First paragraph, Introduce the problem. Second, third, and forth paragraph, list highly detailed solutions to solve the problem. Final paragraph, conclusion and short recap. I normal post two to three, of not more, different solutions that can address the problem in different ways and can still fix the problem. This way the developers may actually read and incorperate your idea's to some extent to a fix.

3.) If you are no longer finding it fun to play. Then it is best to play a different class, or play another game untill a patch is released. If you force yourself to play something that you hate, then you are negativly reinforcing your brain about the game. Meaning that, if continued, will cause your to stop playing the game for a very long period of time or quit the game all together. This is also another form of being "burned out" on a game.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Please leave.  The last thing I need is a CV driver who can neither avoid being outplayed or resist crying about when he does get outplayed.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Which ship were you attacking? Cruisers, even ones with mediocre AA like the Zao or Ibuki, can shoot down tons of planes if they have MFCAA+AA+BFT+DF. You should be mindful of that.

Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,853 battles

Which ship were you attacking? Cruisers, even ones with mediocre AA like the Zao or Ibuki, can shoot down tons of planes if they have MFCAA+AA+BFT+DF. You should be mindful of that.

He said it was a Moskva. If the Moskva was ful AA build/spec he definitely could tear up some planes. You would think that good CV drivers would learn over time which targets to focus on first and high tier cruisers would not be first on that list.

And to the OP, goodbye. WG isn't going to change the game because you don't like AA. As others have said, try constructive criticism instead of ultimatums.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

He said it was a Moskva. If the Moskva was ful AA build/spec he definitely could tear up some planes. You would think that good CV drivers would learn over time which targets to focus on first and high tier cruisers would not be first on that list.

And to the OP, goodbye. WG isn't going to change the game because you don't like AA. As others have said, try constructive criticism instead of ultimatums.

Missed the part where he mentioned the ship.......reading is hard. :)

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,460 battles

Let me get this straight. You got to T10 Hak and still do not know which ships to avoid?

Moskva, Des Moines, Montana, Minotaur, Neptune, Missouri, are a few you should know to avoid.

I am sure there were other targets around for you, but you went after the Moskva and your planes got shot down. You did not see that after the first loss and moved to another target? Then you make threats? Nice going bud.

Either overcome and adapt or go play Coop. I don't do carriers but I do not fear them in my Des Moines or Neptune. Maybe try a Langley in coop. Other than a Texas you will wreck everyone.Fun and easy for you.

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

I'm sure the Moskva driver was playing the song below while the planes were falling from the sky, OP you should have switched targets once they popped DF. I would have thought you would have figured this out on your way to T10.

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

imagine if I was in that game with my fully AA spec'd Hindenburg...... (which oddly is not on Alex's list.... )got 23 planes last game.... that CV was a bit fluster'd in chat after that...

But after watching Flamu over and over, I think I might re-skill and go for reload ..... tone down the AAA, unless CV's are actually going to get popular again soon....

Edited by pmgaudio

[TWE]
Members
206 posts
14,649 battles

Don't let the door whack you on the way out . . .

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,023 posts
5,027 battles

You lost all your squads playing Hakakyru? You do realize that that ship is considered completely OP, right?

However, the way to nerf AA is to auto-spot any ship that opens fire with AAA. Regardless of whether they are in-smoke or not. The other way is to drastically reduce AA range and fix Defensive Fire.

Members
2,688 posts
4,560 battles

imagine if I was in that game with my fully AA spec'd Hindenburg...... (which oddly is not on Alex's list.... )got 23 planes last game.... that CV was a bit fluster'd in chat after that...

But after watching Flamu over and over, I think I might re-skill and go for reload ..... tone down the AAA, unless CV's are actually going to get popular again soon....

Not as is.  Right now one idea is floating around that WG doesn't want people playing CV's until they rebalance them.  Not sure how true that is but for the moment CV's are losing players and probably won't start gaining them back for a bit.  And thats if people decide to come back and give them another try.

[NG-NL]
Members
7,140 posts
12,577 battles

That's funny:

1) Fighters can be spent to check various ships' AA range and ID the ones that're AA-specced. If you're too stupid to use loading screen to check opposing team's AA ratings to see if any are definitely AA ships, then use the aforementioned method.

2) Bait DF using 1-2 TB or DB. Accurate manual DB seems to alarm just about any CA into popping DF. Without that consumable's buff, even a Hindenburg won't shoot down my Taiho TB in time.

3) If a lone cruiser clearly is too much, switch targets.

I also compared OP's IJN CV stats to mine. It seems he is very bad at choosing opportune targets, strafing, doing DoT, scoring kills, and other habits I have as a competent CV captain. He has more battles in Hiryu/Shokaku/Taiho than me, but wow, he's sub-par with carriers.

Members
32 posts

Actually, three' ships, DesMoines's, Minotaur's, Neptune's, AA is crazy and make games boring.

But you can get large amount of damage even playing without division in this patch, if you are good at playing CV.

SnapCrab_NoName_2017-1-25_13-31-10_No-00.jpg

SnapCrab_NoName_2017-1-25_13-31-19_No-00.jpg

By the way, how do you guys think this too little exp for my contribution?

ALWAYS CV'S EXP IS TOO LITTLE.

Edited by friche_runamihn

Beta Testers
439 posts
2,699 battles

Dear OP,  just by that post title.....  :trollface:really?

Goodbye,  you are not missed,  :P

(AA needs BUFFED if anything,  (this)  with balances to CVs that they can resupply to offset AA that matters)

Members
159 posts
5,159 battles

Actually, three' ships, DesMoines's, Minotaur's, Neptune's, AA is crazy and make games boring.

But you can get large amount of damage even playing without division in this patch, if you are good at playing CV.

By the way, how do you guys think this too little exp for my contribution?

ALWAYS CV'S EXP IS TOO LITTLE.

Jesus that's a hell of a match for a T10 CV. It's like every ship you made a run against with your TB squads forgot the wsad hacks. That or you cross dropped EVERYONE lol