You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Alex

Will we be seeing the Mutsu in prem shop during mid or end of Feb?

12 comments in this topic

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
506 posts
11,512 battles

Possibly, as the NDA has been lifted.  There are several reviews of it up on youtube already.

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

Seems like they're rushing her out, so I'd say probably a week or two from now, with the initial emergency buffs to her just slapped on and any further buffs to be added post-release.

Graf Spee's reviews were also released about a week to two weeks ahead of her actual shop release.

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

I wish they would buff the pen. All the videos indicate Scharnhorst level pen with Nagato level Alpha that never comes into play because you can't pen. It's not going to work. Inb4 the best way to take advantage of the caliber is to spam HE with the 30 second reload.

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,638 battles

I wish they would buff the pen. All the videos indicate Scharnhorst level pen with Nagato level Alpha that never comes into play because you can't pen. It's not going to work. Inb4 the best way to take advantage of the caliber is to spam HE with the 30 second reload.

For the Mutsu, I'd like a special module slot.  Every one gets to put what they want there, but can only pick one.

You could have: +3km range secondaries, -30% dispersion of main guns, 30% better main gun pen, Better gun traverse, Better gun reload, Turtleback armor, Extra belt armor, 100% better torpedo arcs.

EDIT:  The Matchmaker Brutality Mark I that increases chances of being top tier by 50%

Take your pick... lol.

Edited by Francois424

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

I wish they would buff the pen. All the videos indicate Scharnhorst level pen with Nagato level Alpha that never comes into play because you can't pen. It's not going to work. Inb4 the best way to take advantage of the caliber is to spam HE.

But that's exactly how one had to play stock Nagato back when she was still in the tree.  Use HE until Hull as those AP shells just bounced against all but the flattest of broadsides.

Add IFHE for some pen (probably; I'm not sure if it will really matter, but at least there won't be any bouncing or shattering).

They also can't buff the pen since that would make her too potent for T6, which defeats the purpose of this pointless Premium in the first place.

They can't also buff secondary range, general accuracy, or armor, because that's straight-up admitting that this idea failed instead of a 1943 Mutsu, which would have all that and then some but at T7.

Thus we're left with a repeat of Ishizuchi; a dreadnought who's primary method of damage is HE and only AP against careless cruisers (or battleships at close range), and torpedoes for the extremely careless (that's practically the ultimate humiliation, outside of a Detonation from a shell launched 20km away).

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

For the Mutsu, I'd like a special module slot.  Every one gets to put what they want there, but can only pick one.

You could have: +3km range secondaries, -30% dispersion of main guns, 30% better main gun pen, Better gun traverse, Better gun reload, Turtleback armor, Extra belt armor, 100% better torpedo arcs.

Take your pick... lol.

You forgot the -50% Matchmaker Brutality mod mark 1.

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

But that's exactly how one had to play stock Nagato back when she was still in the tree.  Use HE until Hull as those AP shells just bounced against all but the flattest of broadsides.

I free XP'd the Nagato hull, so I couldn't say.

I did however grind through Izumo's A and B hull before buying C (because purchasing B seemed like a waste of credits at the time). I spammed HE like there's no tomorrow because it helps when you can't pen a broadside Atago at 10 km with 16" guns (true story).

[NMKJT]
Members
4,298 posts
9,133 battles

I free XP'd the Nagato hull, so I couldn't say.

I did however grind through Izumo's A and B hull before buying C (because purchasing B seemed like a waste of credits at the time). I spammed HE like there's no tomorrow because it helps when you can't pen a broadside Atago at 10 km with 16" guns (true story).

I played stock Nagato, it was pretty bad.

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

nDWRO7X.png?1

I don't know, but WG is definitely trying with Mutsu.

Her current iteration has everything she needs for a role she's bad at, and it's so bad they're resorting to last-minute buffs, with options for more post-release if necessary.

And it's pretty funny too, considering they wouldn't have had this problem had they just gone with Mutsu 1943 and just tweaked RoF and secondary range (and fix the missing armor on both Nagato and 1943 Mutsu).