NikoPower

Help NikoPower play a solid Destroyer.

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

115 posts in this topic

Yeah, I still find I am at my worst when I encounter acquaintances in battle and engage in chat. Stupid issue of consumables being burned when typing in chat

I tend to derp when people notice me.  Just ask CatOnBoard, Mejash, TalonV, etc

Yeah, I still find I am at my worst when I encounter acquaintances in battle and engage in chat. Stupid issue of consumables being burned when typing in chat

Same here. More times than I care to admit. 

The worst thing being activating smoke when you are chatting with your team

Are you planning on doing more of these Niko? I just now noticed this, and it's pretty awesome.

Have you tried using your smoke more and more as cover for allies instead of just defensively for yourself? This is most effective with USN DDs because they have the longer smoke, but it's a total game changer in randoms and divisions.

Are you planning on doing more of these Niko? I just now noticed this, and it's pretty awesome.

Have you tried using your smoke more and more as cover for allies instead of just defensively for yourself? This is most effective with USN DDs because they have the longer smoke, but it's a total game changer in randoms and divisions.

Yes, I will definitely continue this journey. I posted mine from last week and there will be another this week in this thread. A couple pages back there is the 2nd upload.

With a couple hundred games in Fujin now (over 250, last I checked)

She's a pretty solid boat and by avoiding the nerfs, one of the 3 or 4 only decent Japanese destroyers left in the game.

I just watched the 1st video, and I'll watch the 2nd when I get home tonight.

I'd say for the most part you just need to concentrate on the few basics of being a DD captain, which is smoke, concealment, torp timing and placement, and situational awareness.

It's really easy to criticize you for not seeing the enemy DD in the 1st video, but I think that's something we've all fallen victim too. It's really easy to tunnel vision when you feel overwhelmed in the thick of things, and only realize you've made a fatal mistake upon death or when you narrowly miss it. I like to warm in a Battleship first, because you're punish a little less for being unaware. Then I can do more cruisers and DD play once my spidey senses are tingling again.

With torps I definitely suggest learning how to fire a spread, wait for the target to alter course, then firing another one. that way you pinch him into taking hits from one or the other.

Outside of that always be spotting. If I smoke up my team mates, and I know I'm in little danger of being spotted I will venture right outside the smoke so they can see out and do damage. This can single handedly change games.

When I use my kamikaze, I think like a hunter stalking its prey. I sneak about like a ninja. I want to lurk undetected and pop smoke only when spotted or have a good ambush spot. Capping is OK, but to torpedo a ship with deadly intent, you have to strike like the octopus and lash out with every limb. Always plan an escape route. Just because you are a Kamikaze does not mean you die like one. If a friendly BB is right behind you, pop smoke if it will hide him. better to have a buddy hit the red with AP while you reload torpedoes. When I play Kutuzov, I just think Russian. When I play Nikolai, I just think Russian. When you play Kamikaze, you just think ninja attack like no other. When red players curse your name after you torpedo them, then you did a great job. Especially when you slip 5 per ship and Kraken a game. My personal best is a double strike blind spread into a corner. Everybody on my team laughed when I did it, but nobody laughed on team red. Be sneaky, lurk, shadow, ghost, and strike like...(lightning strikes outside)..why like lightning of course.

The worst thing being activating smoke when you are chatting with your team

Sadly done this to, enough for me to do the double take these days to see if I am actually typing in chat or to no where.  Super annoying due to it happens more often than not at the beginning of the game trying to tell your team where you are heading. Edited by Siegewolf

Hey everyone!

As you can imagine, things have been really busy around the WGNA offices over the last little bit. I'm getting settled with some of my new stuff going on and have been working super hard. The good news is, I managed to get some pretty good games in over the last week or so that I will be uploading most likely tomorrow (Friday). Apologies for the hold up on getting some new ones out there. 

I can't play the video for some reason but all I can say when playing the Kamikaze/Fujin is that you cant be spotted whatsoever. When I play Fujin I am as stealthy as can be and always always use islands for cover. This is my play style and I get 50-70k damage per game. Highest is 118k. Not bad for T5. :)

I hate to say this with 3k+ games in Benson....

But, just keep playing cruisers and blame the DDs. That seems to work much better than playing a DD

Help NikoPower play a solid Destroyer.

Stop nerfing them for one.

Many of us have to re-learn every month or so.

It's hard to help when you're trying to figure them out for yourself ,over and over and over and over..

Edited by Wulfgarn