You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sonoskay

In the market for a premium ship

43 comments in this topic

[SAVG]
Alpha Tester
1,485 posts
3,935 battles

I  am looking for a premium ship, But not sure what i should get,

Two things i want to avoid

Russian Ships

Re-skins of existing ships
What i mean by "Re-skin" is something that looks and feels like a ship that isn't already Obtainable. Slightly different stats with a money making bonus is not something i want to drop  that much money on. It can look Similar, But it needs to Feel  Different, ya know?
Anyone have any Suggestions?

[BGA]
[BGA]
Alpha Tester
4,404 posts
34,181 battles

Kutuzov is a favorite of mine. Belfast is a beast and is different than Fiji or Edinburgh with HE, no torpedoes, and no Damage Repair party. It does sport radar at tier 7 as well.

• Cool 1

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
506 posts
11,528 battles

Scharnhorst is also a good choice (if available).  Scharnhorst is equipped with the historically accurate 3x3 283 mm guns (whereas, the Gneisenau is equipped with the what if 3x2 380 mm guns).

[SAVG]
Alpha Tester
1,485 posts
3,935 battles

Totally depends on your play style and budget 

lets assume there is no budget,  

[SOUP]
Members
9,426 posts

German ships are pretty solid and popular, but again, play style and budget. Personally I'd recommend Atago, when people accuse you of being a "Wallet warrior" then clearly they're afraid of the ship

lets assume there is no budget,  

Then your answer is Tachibana. Some for the best seal-clubbing fun you'll have

Edited by Chobittsu

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

Simple: Scharnhorst or Belfast. Both have siblings (but by no means twins) in the tech tree and both are markedly OP.

• Cool 1

[SAVG]
Alpha Tester
1,485 posts
3,935 battles

I might do Belfast in that case. The Schar is a cruiser correct?

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

I might do Belfast in that case. The Schar is a cruiser correct?

Scharnhorst is a battleship with intermediate caliber guns (between battleship and heavy cruiser) that reload 50% faster than battleship guns normally would.

Members
3,003 posts
1,451 battles

Scharnhorst is a pretty good option.  Its a good all rounder ship, basically you can do w/e you want with it.  Its very adaptable.  Good ROF, good accuracy and velocity, its got torps, its nice.  Its a very brawly ship.

Only thing odd about it is that long [edited]hull......makes turning a little derpy and avoiding torps a bit strange, that long [edited]schnoz gets punched alot...

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

Well, if you're into battleships, I'd go either Arizona or Scharnhorst, as even though they have similar ships in the tech tree, they're still very different (New Mexico for Arizona and Gneisenau for Scharn) For cruisers I'd go either Atago, Belfast, or Indianapolis. For destroyers, you got either Sims, which can be hard to play as she really isn't the best stat wise (some people can make her work though) or Tachibana or Smith, which is a really derpy but stupid fun ship as she has single torp launcher with pretty fast reloads. =P

So its really down to what type of ship you like best. Either way, I highly recommend the Arizona if into battleships. Just keep in mind, she's slow, with a top speed of only roughly 21 knots, so she can be a bit tricky to get the hang of at first. She'll reward your patience though as her guns are pretty fricking good for a BB at that tier. So take your time with her, and she'll treat you just right. ;)

[SAVG]
Alpha Tester
1,485 posts
3,935 battles

Well, if you're into battleships, I'd go either Arizona or Scharnhorst, as even though they have similar ships in the tech tree, they're still very different (New Mexico for Arizona and Gneisenau for Scharn) For cruisers I'd go either Atago, Belfast, or Indianapolis. For destroyers, you got either Sims, which can be hard to play as she really isn't the best stat wise (some people can make her work though) or Tachibana or Smith, which is a really derpy but stupid fun ship as she has single torp launcher with pretty fast reloads. =P

So its really down to what type of ship you like best. Either way, I highly recommend the Arizona if into battleships. Just keep in mind, she's slow, with a top speed of only roughly 21 knots, so she can be a bit tricky to get the hang of at first. She'll reward your patience though as her guns are pretty fricking good for a BB at that tier. So take your time with her, and she'll treat you just right. ;)

The arizona and the texas made me nervous as they seem really really similar to their counterparts,

Scharnhorst is a battleship with intermediate caliber guns (between battleship and heavy cruiser) that reload 50% faster than battleship guns normally would.

Now that is interesting.   Though I never played German Battleships.  Maybe its worth looking into then.

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

Mo  :trollface:  It actually is significantly different, if only because the heavier armor and radar lets you be more aggressive. 

Sharnhorst is great too.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

The arizona and the texas made me nervous as they seem really really similar to their counterparts,

Now that is interesting.   Though I never played German Battleships.  Maybe its worth looking into then.

Texas yes, as she's just a NY class but with more AAA, which is why I didn't mention her.

Arizona is much different than New Mexico however, being a Pennsylvania class BB of which two were ever built (Arizona and her sister ship Pennsylvania) her guns are basically the NY's, but are in a MUCH better arrangement and have much better accuracy and range (once upgraded with proper modules) even more so than NM (at least from what I've found while playing her) She's basically a better NM, except when it comes to her AAA, which honestly sucks lol

So she really is her own ship in a way. Not to mention she is rather important and somewhat famous to the US due to what happened to her during the attack on Pearl Harbor. So if anything, she's a great collectors ship as well. :)

[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,768 posts
4,505 battles

No, no, no. Scharnhorst's guns reload 33% faster than the standard 30 second reload. Battleships reload 50% slower than Scharnhorst. Fractions/Percentages are fun that way.
  • Cool 2

[SAVG]
Alpha Tester
1,485 posts
3,935 battles

I think I've decided on the Scharn.  

Texas yes, as she's just a NY class but with more AAA, which is why I didn't mention her.

Arizona is much different than New Mexico however, being a Pennsylvania class BB of which two were ever built (Arizona and her sister ship Pennsylvania) her guns are basically the NY's, but are in a MUCH better arrangement and have much better accuracy and range (once upgraded with proper modules) even more so than NM (at least from what I've found while playing her) She's basically a better NM, except when it comes to her AAA, which honestly sucks lol

So she really is her own ship in a way. Not to mention she is rather important and somewhat famous to the US due to what happened to her during the attack on Pearl Harbor. So if anything, she's a great collectors ship as well. :)

this is why i want the Nevada so bad,   way way Back they said the nevada would be  a Tier 6 Battleship  for the alt US BB line. Who knows if thats still being Considered.

Thanks for your Input guys . 

Edited by Sonoskay

[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,973 posts
13,112 battles

Simple: Scharnhorst or Belfast. Both have siblings (but by no means twins) in the tech tree and both are markedly OP.

scharnhorst is not overpowered 

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

scharnhorst is not overpowered 

On paper it looks that way to me, too. But take a minute to check your stats with T7 BBs. Yeah. Mine are lopsided too (Gneisenau comes close but I think it's a matter of sample size). Just food for thought.
Edited by gurudennis

Alpha Tester
4,156 posts
8,061 battles

Scharnhorst

Arizona

Warspite

Belfast

Any of these would work, with Arizona being slightly underqualified since she does play rather like New Mexico, just better at it.

Edited by Seraphil

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

Scharnhorst

Arizona

Warspite

Belfast

Any of these would work, with Arizona being slightly underqualified since she does play rather like New Mexico, just better at it.

I would caution against the Arizona for a less experienced player due to her lack of speed (much like New Mexico of course). As for Warspite, not the most optimal choice for anyone really. For a 15" T6 BB that actually has armor and isn't soaked in gasoline, see Bayern.

Alpha Tester
4,156 posts
8,061 battles

I would caution against the Arizona for a less experienced player due to her lack of speed (much like New Mexico of course). As for Warspite, not the most optimal choice for anyone really. For a 15" T6 BB that actually has armor and isn't soaked in gasoline, see Bayern.

Well the OP's an Alpha Tester so I presume he has experience.  And he's looking for a ship that's both not Russian(so no Kutuzov, etc.) and not like a reskin copy of a tech tree ship(so no Texas, etc.)

[SAVG]
Alpha Tester
1,485 posts
3,935 battles

Well the OP's an Alpha Tester so I presume he has experience.  And he's looking for a ship that's both not Russian(so no Kutuzov, etc.) and not like a reskin copy of a tech tree ship(so no Texas, etc.)

Yea  exsperience is not somthing i Lack i dont think Hah,  

I may have been gone a couple months but i doubt Ive gotten much worse :P

I Decided on the Scharn, The  Arizona was temping but   I love both BBS and Cas and a hybrid sounded like a lot of fun.

This is Unrelated but the ARP grind  really drained my enjoyment of the game so i had to Sit back and take a break for a while.

Edited by Sonoskay

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

Yea  exsperience is not somthing i Lack i dont think Hah,  

I may have been gone a couple months but i doubt Ive gotten much worse :P

I Decided on the Scharn, The  Arizona was temping but   I love both BBS and Cas and a hybrid sounded like a lot of fun.

This is Unrelated but the ARP grind  really drained my enjoyment of the game so i had to Sit back and take a break for a while.

Sorry, didn't mean to presume.

I hope you enjoy the heck out of Scharny like I do.