Herr_Reitz

0.6.0 Any undocumented changes relating to dispersions

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

9 posts in this topic

This could be called your standard, expected post of "Waa waa waa this doesnt work like it used to work" thread. But it seems strange these days.

I'm curious if something was tweaked or nipped, tucked and loosened when it comes to the whole target, aim, fire and results process. Aiming "seems" to have changed and I can't really see anything different in the skills that is directly related to aiming. 

Have I missed something in the skill changes that may have effected this process/mechanic? On my side of the game, it feels/seems like I'm firing a delayed salvo. The rounds "seem" to go every-fricking-where as opposed to pre-update. 

So just wondering if anything changed. TIA for your comments. 

Indeed, every patch there are multiple posts about the stealth nerf to dispersion.  I normally ignore and move on.

However this time I am on board with you, it feels different somehow when aiming, especially in certain BBs at long range.  I wouldn't call it dispersion though, feels more like the auto range adjuster has been... adjusted.  Sort of as if I where I used to aim is no longer the correct "height" for the shots that I am trying to make.  I unlocked forma  target and found that I had better luck ranging than I did with the lock on (where most shots fell far or near)

You and I are not the only ones to notice either, several people I play with regularly who are excellent players stated the similar feeling.  However as Aduial here posted many other great players likewise say they notice nothing.

Thus I wonder if it isn't a "nerf" stealth or otherwise at all, but rather a change to the process of the mechanics somehow.  Essentially not all of us aim the same way.  Watching replays there are clearly different schools of thought for how players regularly lead targets and I wonder if some update to the range finder tool changed how it perceives the aim that some of us use.

*shrug*  given enough games I am sure we will naturally adjust to it anyone so not really a major issue.

Could you possibly be referring to this documented change?

• Fixed the bug where shell flight time was calculated incorrectly when firing at maximum range. Now the shell flight time is displayed correctly in battle
    This fix slightly changed the flight time of all shells when firing at maximum ranges (changes are within the range of 0.3 seconds). This fix will not affect the armor penetration capability or damage potential of shells in any way. Only Yorck has changed significantly: AP shell flight time at maximum range for a "top" Yorck (17.3km) increased to 17.5 seconds -- the real time of HE shell flight was 13 seconds, while 15 seconds was displayed in the interface.

Get closer than max range. :izmena:

Just kidding. Still, I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. Best to ignore the random stealth nerf calls.

I have no clue, I play bismarck and tirpitz a lot recently and they still seem like miss,miss,miss,miss, quadruple citadel deletion, miss,miss,miss,miss lol overpen full salvo for min damage on broadside BB, miss,miss,miss ,bounced full salvo off a broadside leander.

So in essence nothing seems to have changed :angry:

Edited by Feragus

Russian HE. At least at T6. The only VMF ship in my fleet was an HE fire breather before the change. Now it barely scratches the paint job damage wise. Starting fires with Buddonny? Forget it, it takes half the afternoon. AP still works OK though...

Could you possibly be referring to this documented change?

Get closer than max range. :izmena:

Just kidding. Still, I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. Best to ignore the random stealth nerf calls.

Interesting idea, maybe that had something to do with it.  Would be interesting if it was, sort of as if the range adjustment calculator was still using the old numbers, and some of us are just aiming incorrectly because of it.

...something fishy here for sure. My best all around gunship ,the farragut, now lands most of my shots all around the target,,unless it`s point blank range,something like 15 hits out of 100 ??? Almost all shots either overshot or too short.... And i`m doing the same as before,,,, i have not noticed the same with other ships though .