Legendary_Engram

Do you like the New Update

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

Do you like the update?    70 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the update

• Im a DD main and i hate the update
    • Im a DD main and I love the update
    • Im a CA/L main and I hate the update
    • Im a CA/L main and I love the update
    • Im a BB main and I hate the update
    • Im a BB main and I love the update
    • Im a CV main and I hate the update (do ppl even CV main???)
    • Im a CV main and I love the update
  2. 2. Do you like the update

• Im a vet/experienced player and i love the update
    • Im a vet/experienced player and i hate the update
    • Im a mediocre player and I love the update
    • Im a mediocre player and I hate the update
    • Im a noob/casual player and I love the update
    • Im a noob/casual player and I hate the update
  3. 3. Do you like the update?

• I play mostly German ships and I love the update
    • I play mostly German ships and I hate the update
    • I play mostly US ships and I love the update
    • I play mostly US ships and I hate the update
    • I play mostly Japanese ships and I love the update
    • I play mostly Japanese ships and I hate the update
    • I play mostly Russian ships and I love the update
    • I play mostly Russian ships and I hate the update
    • I play mostly British ships and I love the update
    • I play mostly British ships and I hate the update

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 posts in this topic

Just trying to see any trends, after all the complaints and counter complaints/defenses I've seen

Edited by Legendary_Engram

I'm conflicted, I think the update is mostly good....but a few things such as RPF and the DE and SE nerfs have left a bit of a sower taste in my mouth.  

I hate is a strong statement. 

I don't hate it. 

But I definitely don't like it. 

There are too many options in the poll to provide any statistically meaningful results.

Also I have pretty much equal number of battles in CA/CL, DD and BB. Can't really say what my main class is.

Edited by geser98

I don't hate it. 

ok, but u get the gist. you can replace, hate with dislike or detest, or love with like or something else

Too early to really say. Give it a few days while we get a handle on the changes.

There are too many options in the poll to provide any statistically meaningful results.

Also I have pretty much equal number of battles in CA/CL, DD and BB. Can't really say what my main class is.

If thats the case, pick which one you enjoy the most. If you enjoy all them equally, then either refer to which one you have the highest K/D ratio in or just leave that blank

Hate/love is a bit too extreme, but I'm on the meh/like side of the update. For me, it hasn't changed much, but does add more specialized builds.

Played 11 matches tonight. Stats wise I played no different according to WTR.

But I don't like it. Had games where I felt completely screwed over by RPF. I rarely get first blooded and it happened twice tonight

Too early to really say. Give it a few days while we get a handle on the changes.

Yea thats pretty much what I was going to do, so far, all that can be gathered is that the majority of experienced players don't like/detest the update. I think this is attributed to ppl not wanting to develop new strategies or learn how to adjust to the new mechanics. I think after time passes, and people get used to the mechanics, this will change.

I absolutely love the Update with 3 million XP from my Murmansk it allows me to get 3 more 19 point Captains

In various ships,and now when I play Murmansk or any other 19 pointer its not wasted XP :)

The Radio location Seems to be not as useful as first thought and costly , you should have a good idea any way were the enemy DDs are

What surprised me is the priority target allowing me to know someone has little ole me in there sights and instantly take evasive action,couple that with incoming fire alert and you just probobly ruined someone's long range shot ,with just 20 games in 6.0 this Is working out great.. dare I say CA buff :)

Unless ALL USN ships have received an overall reduction in the chance of fire,I'm gonna be hating this game. I'm so tired of receiving ONE hit from a cruiser and having my DD start burning. AND THEN one more hit starts it up again. The chance off fire is WAY too high. I'm sick of losing half of my hit points every game to fires set by single hits. Don't even get me started on the fact that the BB burns to the waterline,even if i dodge all the torpedoes launched by that pesky IJN DD.

The poll does not reflect player's preferences.  For example I enjoy both DDs and CAs, both IJN and VMF...  The poll makes me drop half the classes and half the nations.

I have to say having love/hate as my only options means I can't answer the poll at all. I'm not excited about this patch but I am not ready to rage at my computer either. As I have played some matches today, I have seen that, while I only viewed the nerfs to my favorite class, almost every class has received some nerf/buff combo as a result. I have to really hold my opinion until I get more experience and even then it is highly probable that I will neither love nor hate the changes.

edit: As someone else said above, the best way I can describe my feelings to this patch are "meh." Of course I hate the nerfs to my DDs but I am also enamored with the amount of fun I have had with some of my cruisers again. That alone is something I have not been able to say for at least 6 months.

Edited by UnseenSpectacle

I don't hate it. 

Yeah, exactly. OP, you might've needed to include a "No opinion" or "Neutral" option.

Thirding the neutral option.  I love aspects of it ((Parity between CV's sooner)) but most of its just a thing.  Don't love it,  don't hate it.  Its not as extreme as other things they've done in the past.

Seems like a lot of the vet players like the update. If you are to go by this poll.

The poll is a little broken. It doesn't allow for mixed opinions, and it's a given that anyone complaining is going to self-identify as a veteran -- there's no point even asking that. Nobody is going to say "I'm bad, but the failure to adapt is due entirely due to factors outside my control, and in no way a failure on my part". At a point that a person is blaming the game, it's a given that they will not take blame themselves.

Personally, I have mixed feelings on the new update, and there is a lot that I'll need a week or two to settle on.

• Only having 4 tiers of commander skills is great. It means that you can get whichever skill is going to most define your build by about the time you get into tier 5 or 6 ships.
  • RPF is amazing at punishing that last ship who ran to a corner; whatever else you have to say about that skill, those people should not get to survive and extend a match when their team doesn't.
  • IFHE is kinda mediocre on the Atlanta, if you were already hitting superstructures reliably and switching to AP when appropriate. It makes it a lot easier to do consistent damage without careful aim though. I can see that skill having niche usefulness though, particularly on ships which need to fire small-calibre HE a lot.
  • IFHE seems to have had an unintended consequence of causing light turrets to get disabled a lot. Like 2 and 3 turrets in one volley. I think HE might hit a wider area than AP, and previously those turrets were mostly surviving because AP usually hit them at weird angles and HE couldn't pen.
  • Directions Center seems to be a good buff to CAs that don't have radar, and with the nerf to BB fighters it does not seem overpowered on them.
  • Builds in general seem to be a lot most specific to each ship than they used to be. I don't really like that -- I would prefer to keep one build for all ships in a line.
  • There are a lot of low tier skills that are valuless until higher tiers (like direction center -- no one has fighters when they get their first skill point), and higher tier skills that would be good buffs for low-tier ships (like BFT)

Not much between hate/love, I have to "main" in something, and I'm either a vet or a noob.. yeah I just stopped reading there.

Yeah, exactly. OP, you might've needed to include a "No opinion" or "Neutral" option.

Thirding the neutral option.  I love aspects of it ((Parity between CV's sooner)) but most of its just a thing.  Don't love it,  don't hate it.  Its not as extreme as other things they've done in the past.

If you are neutral, don't vote, thats what people do in elections when they can't decide. I feel like putting a neural option would over crowd it (more than it already is) You can change the verb on each answer choice, the gist is negative or positive viewpoint. Edited by Legendary_Engram

There is no choice in the poll for "meh". Only thing I didn't like about it was having to re-do all my Commanders choices for training. Otherwise, haven't seen much difference in Co-Op. Wait...one difference: Tons of Random players have fled to Co-Op because they are scared to death of some of the new modes.

It is a great update. We finally got the much-needed commander system update.

There is only one downside(early commander levels being grindier) and one controversial point(RPF skill). The downside is minor for veterans while newer players won't care much. The RPF skill impact will be much smaller than some of you believe.