Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Weids

Commander Skill 0.6.0: Emergency Takeoff

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

10 posts in this topic

Emergency Takeoff: cost 3 skill points

Makes it possible to launch and recover the aircraft while the ship is on fire

+100% to aircraft servicing time when the carrier is on fire.

Update: Someone commented that the +100% servicing time apply only if the aircraft is recovered while the ship is on fire, and any aircraft that has already began the servicing process before the ship got lit finishes at normal speed. If true, this certainly clear things up a lot. It turns out that this Emergency Takeoff skill is better than I thought. That is, the +100% to aircraft servicing time introduces no additional penalty. Compared to my analysis below, this update provides only a benefit of speeding up the servicing time by 50%, for aircrafts half-serviced when the ship is set on fire. From a mathematical perspective, this new information offers very little improvement. However, from a strategic point of view, the Emergency Takeoff skill can be considered significant, especially by those who have many vivid memories of their carrier being helplessly ablaze. Objectively, I still think this commander skill certainly does not deserve three skill points. Anyway, there is no point, except for aesthetic reasons, in having exactly eight skills for each skill rank. 

This skill is a nonsense. Emergency Takeoff only benefit a player if aircrafts are being launched or recovered while the ship is on fire. Otherwise, this skill is only a penalty. Since aircraft serving time is twice as long when the ship caught on fire, it is even more unlikely that any aircraft is able to take off before the fire is extinguished. It is only on the consideration that Emergency Takeoff actually allows aircrafts to be recovered and serviced when the ship is on fire, that a person can reasonably argue that this skill not entirely useless. 

In the end, I will only consider having this commander skill on a JPN (not USN) carrier if this skill is free, and I mean FREE. 

Edited by Weids

Yeah, I thought it was useless, as well. Well, not useless, per say, but rather pointless.

The penalty only applies if your ship is on fire.

And if it works like everything else, it only applies the penalty if the plane started servicing while the ship is on fire (i.e. any plane servicing before you got lit finishes at normal speed. Not certain on this though.

Either way, imo, it's a point trap. CVs don't get caught out often enough for this o be relevant.

it's supposed to be the last stand of CVs.

i hate CVs and even i think that +100% service time might be a bit much. should be lowered to 50% or so. usually when a CV is on fire, they're soon to be underwater. double the service time is just long enough to get sunk before they can launch. hilarious from my perspective, but probably not so much from theirs.

This skill is a nonsense. Emergency Takeoff only benefit a player if aircrafts are being launched or recovered while the ship is on fire. Otherwise, this skill is only a penalty. Since aircraft serving time is twice as long when the ship caught on fire, it is even more unlikely that any aircraft is able to take off before the fire is extinguished. It is only on the consideration that Emergency Takeoff actually allows aircrafts to be recovered and serviced when the ship is on fire, that a person can reasonably argue that this skill not entirely useless. 

I can't see the penalty you're talking about. If you're on fire without this skill, you can't recover aircraft at all or service them, now with this skill you get that ability, even though it takes a bit longer. Where's the penalty? And, frankly, it makes sense that servicing aircraft on a flight deck that's on fire takes longer... it just does.

Yeah, I thought it was useless, as well. Well, not useless, per say, but rather pointless.

It's per se, sorry for being a smart-[edited].

I thought +100% service time was just visually representing what the skill does? Because if a CV is on fire, it's not going to be servicing any aircraft, so the time would be N/A. With the skill, servicing time would be restored to default, that's what +100% means when you add it to zero, right?

Well, poor CV's got shafted on this skill update. They mostly got useless new skills. The only saving grace: AS is MUCH easier to get now... And they can now use CE too lol

Emergency Takeoff: cost 3 skill points

Makes it possible to launch and recover the aircraft while the ship is on fire

+100% to aircraft servicing time when the carrier is on fire.

In the end, I will only consider having this commander skill on a JPN (not USN) carrier if this skill is free, and I mean FREE.

About the same for evasive maneuvers. You still lose aircraft in a game dulling fashion trying to attack any ship that isn't a dd then receive 30% longer returns on the one or two planes that might make it back. It's all just more retarded BB buffs. Fire nerfs, radio skill, crap cv skills. Ive already started playing War Thunder again while I wait for Friday the 13th to drop.

I thought +100% service time was just visually representing what the skill does? Because if a CV is on fire, it's not going to be servicing any aircraft, so the time would be N/A. With the skill, servicing time would be restored to default, that's what +100% means when you add it to zero, right?

No, it means it takes twice as long to service the planes.

No, it means it takes twice as long to service the planes.

Well, if that's the case it certainly makes sense. I mean, the deck is on fire after all...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0