You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Pigeon_of_War

Update 0.6.0 Feedback

163 comments in this topic

Alitak_Lion    0

game seems to be unstable after recent update....  game has crashed a few times today... checked all pertinent avenues for the cause, results were not consumer end issues.

Camo68    469

So RP let you see him through the island?

In a way yes, RP Gave me plenty of time to 1) turn my guns 2) position my ship to avoid a torp spread and then I simply waited for him to peak out.

I did not receive the experience or credits for the amagi/nagato hull changes.

I recieved 2.3 million credits and the exp for the amagi but only recieved the exp on the nagato. Edited by BrokenLoyalty

Panbun    775

Bug Report

Description: Tier 3 Endurance skill 'Survivability Expert' and Tier 2 Versatility skill 'Adrenaline Rush' have typos in their descriptions.

Survivability Expert:

• Remove 'of' between '+350' and 'HP'

iN4AJps.png?1

Adrenaline Rush:

• Add '-' before '0.2%'
    kxbUGNZ.png?1

luckykater    2

Shell flight time incorrection

During a fight by using the Des Moines, I try to use the timer to check whether the shell flight time is corrected as it said in the note. The result is below

Gun MK16 

HE  30.88s-16.29s=14.59s     Shown: 14.47s

AP  38.25s-52.95s=14.7s      Shown:14.11s

So I believe things can be done much better, even through now is better then before.

Also, additional correction is necessary to fit the historical accuracy. I try to use the data from Navweap.com and create a trajectory curve(sorry I use CAD instead of matlab or other software due to my poor ability), and is shows that the historical shell flight time of AP(SHS) at maximum range is 37.55s. After being divided by the accelerator factor(2.75), which is given by some Chinese forum(such as NGA an others), the flight time of maximum range should be 13.65. So I think extra improvement is necessary.

the curve's source is in this link https://sea-group.org/?p=2055 . If you need a translated version, I can try to provide a simplified one.

Des Moines.JPG

DM VS HIN directly of flight time.JPG

hINDENBURG.JPG

SgtMajorBuzz    26

The way the descriptions are written for Direction Center for Catapult Aircraft and Air Superiority, when combined, there should be at least 3, and arguably 4 fighters circling any BB or Cruiser that has a fighter equipped, but only 2 will launch. I do understand that having 4 fighters would be pretty OP, but perhaps the descriptions should be altered to show that they cannot be combined.

• Cool 1

G0lfSierra1    117

Every single one of the cammos I got from the convoy missions is gone now for the tier 6 ships. Only the ones that require Doubloons are listed as available now. Oh well, at least I had fun watching my WR go right down the drain for 2 weeks for this.

dEsTurbed1    325

Why was 19 points selected for a commander?

Why limit it?

I do not like change personally, and WOWS was a very comfortable blanket.

Now the skill change takes a lot of thought into how am I planning on playing THAT ship and what skills do I NEED...not want, because I no longer can get what I want.

Forget setting up national lines all the same, each particular ship and it's dtrengths and weaknesses must be considered.

I have 75 ships in port, 74 captains plus dozens in reserve...it took me 12 hours to figure it out.

A BIG TY for the 1 gold respec, had to use it many times.

And, on a final note, YOU DIDN'T REALLY POINT OUT HOW RDF IS A DOUBLE EDGED SWORD. I got corned because b I had it on my Tashkent...lol.

RedSeaBear    2,167

Every single one of the cammos I got from the convoy missions is gone now for the tier 6 ships. Only the ones that require Doubloons are listed as available now. Oh well, at least I had fun watching my WR go right down the drain for 2 weeks for this.

I just logged in to check this and all the Tier 6 ships I got from the convoy campaign still have their premium camos. Maybe you've got a bug or something. Did you play these ship since patch and the camo disappeared or were they gone off the ship when you logged in?

Jakajan    147

I have over 20 15 point+ captains to respect now. I have already spent quite a few doubloons on experimental trial and errors.

That said it will take me at least a week of focused trial and error to get these builds mostly where I want them and likely 500 doubloons or so. Overall not sure if I like this update. I kind of wanted to take it easy and play wows lightly till the ranked season.

Waited all month for the patch that I knew would come on my birthday and change a lot of things...  Wasn't greatly thrilled with it.

The commander skills felt..very limited.  Didn't feel like I really had a lot of choice, perhaps even less choice than before.  In most cases I just went with the least useless skills, since I generally couldn't get things tweaked to exactly where I wanted them.

Gameplay itself felt a bit off.  Only played a few matches after I got all my commanders squared away, because those matches were very slow and stale.  I think everyone knew where everyone else was, and as a result spent the entire game hiding and running away from each other.  Felt like all my time in game was spent trying to find and catch enemies that were constantly hanging out as far from us as possible.  Not sure if this was a result of use of the new commander skills, or just people deciding to play terribly for the day, but it was no fun, and I decided to spend my bday on other games.  Hoping either some tweaks are made to the skill tree, or people get used to it and start to play well again, because right now, the game I found so enjoyable last week just isn't.

hangglide42    257

To all the developers & all at WG - well done on the new captains skills structures!

Despite the concerns  any have raised about some of the new skills (most notably RPF), after respec-Ing 42 captains today and playing a number of games I found the following:

1) Though the skill level thresholds changed, overall the capabilities we can give our captains are still at least as capable as the old system, but the new system allows a clearer focus on what our ship strengths and capabilities are and the skill thresholds allow a selection of a nice package of abilities to maximize the potential of your ship.  An example:

North Carolina:

PM - reduce chance of disabing main guns secondaries

EM - speed turret traverse

SI - need extra heals

AFT - increase range of secondaries & AA

MAA - Manual AA

FP - to mitigate the effect of fire spamming DDs & CA/CLs

This made my NC into a BB that is AA specialized (shredded a Saipan's Tier IX planes), yet has a capability to use secondaries to target DDs or alternate ships out to 7.6 km (w/o the manual accuracy, but often good enough to kill low health DDs) in brawling situations, while guarding my health from fire or incapacitation damage.

2) As I went thru the respec-ing, I found myself characterizing my ships as to their strengths and found the new skill structure well designed to allow a prioritized enhancement of each ships best capabilities.  The Captains skills progression & goals were very clear as a result.

- US BBs - Optimize AA, defense against DDs, resilience to fire & cumulative damage

- German BBs - Optimize 2ndaries & their accuracy, resilience to fire & cumulative damage

- US CAs - Optimize AA, stealth & some cases stealth fire

- IJN CAs - Optimize stealth & some cases stealth fire, fire generation 

- IJN DDs - Optimize stealth, stealth fire, torp reload, speed turret traverse

- US DDs - Optimize stealth, stealth fire, torp reload

- Russian DDs - Optimize gun range, fire generation, turret traverse

- Russian CLs - Optimize stealth & some cases stealth fire, fire generation

3) Contrary to the many concerns raised about some of the new skills such as RPF & the CV capability to launch while on fire, I believe as a overall system, these skills are being balanced if you look at the whole.  The 100% increase in aircraft servicing time to allow a fiery launch is a reasonable counterbalance.  As for RPF, my own experience in respec-ing did not even consider it as there were (in my opinion) higher priority skills I needed for my ships - I believe others will also find this to be true.  Also the detection notification that the detected receives is a balancing factor in giving info that is useful to the detected.  The main situational window where this could impact a normal game is the critical end-game low ship DD hunt situation.   But remember, the new skill structure just made Concealment far more accessible to DDs so DDs have an improved capability for all of the game with the exception of that one scenario.  I play a DDs from all nations & haven't seen any tremendous impact on the live server of RPF, but am enjoying Stealth on more of my DDs that didn't yet have 15pt Capt under the old system.

4) Would  just like to add a quick Thamk You to WG for the Xmas Gift promos, the Graf Spee & Santas Convoy missions as well as the New Year Specials! With the evolution & improvements in the game during the past year & a half, the release of continued compelling content - Keep up the great work in 2017 & beyond!

peteysan242    0

I cannot get any of my captain's skill points to redistribute. I will select the skills I want and when I click the tab for them to redistribute NOTHING happens other than the screen goes back to showing the captain without any skills. Did I miss something?  Of course it deducts the 16 doubloons just fine, I tried 5 different captains with the same results! 

I had the same problem when I tried this yesterday as well.  Redistributed skill points on several Capt's, Doubloons deducted, come back later and those same Capt's show no skills.  I did redistribute one again, and it wanted to deduct Doubloons a second time, but I canceled that, not going to pay twice for the same thing.  On the Capt's I redistributed, when in the "port" view, the Capt's for which I had just redistributed skill points showed as having no skills...  Just tried it again and the same thing is happening...

Can't say if anything else works, haven't gotten that far...

spender252    4

this game update  has  broken my pc cheers wargaming....... adding this  bit>>>>> ok weirdly had a bunch of crashes after the big update the game was awfull then  turned it on early this morning and it crashed straight away then my pc  froze i restarted it wouldnt boot after reformatting the drive sigh and  reinstalling  it all  and the game i found a mini update and  its all been great since and thank you for that mini guide to the skills ...........i do have a suggestion though can you by any chance incorporate that guide into the  captain skills page in game ? 

Edited by spender252

Jakob_Knight    520

As a preliminary evaluation after only a single night of playing, I will give the following feedback:

When selecting skills for my captains, I noticed that Carrier captains received effective skill choices at all four levels of skill points with the ability to have all needed skills with a 15-point captain.  Battleship captains had effective skill choices at all four skill levels of skill points, but cannot have every needed skill with a 15-point captain, though a 15-point captain will be capable.  Cruiser captains had effective skill choices at all four levels of skill points, but require more points than possible in the Captain's skill system to be fully functional, and require an 18-point captain to be capable (Cruisers by far required the most points to reach parity in doing the jobs they need to do compared with the other classes).  Destroyers have no 1-point skill that is useful to them, making any skill selection from the 1-point skill level a complete waste compared to the benefit other classes receive from their skills at this level, while they also require a 14 point captain to reach minimum effective capability.  In particular, not having at least a 10-point captain is proving even more disadvantageous than the old skill system provided for not having a 15-point captain. 

In addition, despite the stated intent that this change was meant to increase diversity in possible skill selection, I find that there are still only one or two viable skill builds for each class of ship with the amount of skill points available, with the sole exception being Cruisers (which need too many skills to do their jobs competently).  Not taking those builds leads to a substantial disadvantage in capabilities.

While I want to do more testing before I become utterly unmovable on the subject, my experiences with Radio Location/Radio Position Finding/Keen Intuition is that the skill is so powerful that not taking it results in a game-breaking disadvantage, and having it provides either just clutter on the screen or an unbeatable advantage.   In addition, I saw teams fragment or refuse to engage much more in my play since the update than ever before, with cases of people who didn't care about the use of the skill engaging without the support of those who did.  My own use of the skill allowed my Destroyer and Cruisers to effortlessly track and engage or avoid enemy ships at my option, and provided a certainty where I only had guesswork before.  All in all, this skill provides so much advantage to me in any game that the only ships I will not take this skill on are those without the ability to make use of it (Carriers and Battleships), and any engagement against an opponent without this skill will almost certainly result in that opponent losing the encounter.

Overall, I think the advantages of the new skill system are far eclipsed by the ease and functionality of the old system.  Perhaps this will change over time, but this new system seems to be more awkward, has skills that are either not useful at all or are too powerful to ignore, and seems weighted towards making effective and efficient Carrier and Battleship Captains much more than Cruiser or Destroyer Captains.

My two cents.

Edited by Jakob_Knight

DQCraze    17

As a USN DD player I feel there are to many things now that reveal my location, RDF< RADAR<HYDRO.  It has moved me from an offensive player to a defensive.  I have no cover anymore.

TTK_Aegis    1,134

I'm enjoying that I have to actually consider the individual ship when picking captain skills now. Too often before this most of the cruisers got the same build as every other cruiser with very few exceptions (such as Atlanta having more of a custom build). Now every single ship takes thought when picking skills, and some of the choices are truly agonizing. To me, that's awesome. 

• Cool 1

hey I am not a DD player, (Can't get it figured out I stink with them worse than my other play) mostly BB's and cruisers. Being a meh player what I see might happen is that the RDF skill is going to keep newer player base from starting the DD lines given how the Exp. DD players are having problems. That being said I did not see much difference in my play with or without the skill but my highest Captains are only 10-11 pointers. The update itself seems to work fine. The redistribution of skill mechanic has worked fine for me. Keep up the good work WG always trying to improve the game so more of the player base has more FUN (it is a game after all) is always a good idea.  :medal:

edit = The audio when I play the Murmansck is stuttering and choppy.

Edited by InventedThought

Drayghon    5

Simple question - would it have been too much to ask the permanent activation of the team training room with the introduction to clan creation? I didn't expect clan battles, clan events or even a great amount of options with clans in this patch but I would have definitely expected some form of training room on the menu.

Drayghon    5

As a preliminary evaluation after only a single night of playing, I will give the following feedback:

When selecting skills for my captains, I noticed that Carrier captains received effective skill choices at all four levels of skill points with the ability to have all needed skills with a 15-point captain.  Battleship captains had effective skill choices at all four skill levels of skill points, but cannot have every needed skill with a 15-point captain, though a 15-point captain will be capable.  Cruiser captains had effective skill choices at all four levels of skill points, but require more points than possible in the Captain's skill system to be fully functional, and require an 18-point captain to be capable (Cruisers by far required the most points to reach parity in doing the jobs they need to do compared with the other classes).  Destroyers have no 1-point skill that is useful to them, making any skill selection from the 1-point skill level a complete waste compared to the benefit other classes receive from their skills at this level, while they also require a 14 point captain to reach minimum effective capability.  In particular, not having at least a 10-point captain is proving even more disadvantageous than the old skill system provided for not having a 15-point captain. 

In addition, despite the stated intent that this change was meant to increase diversity in possible skill selection, I find that there are still only one or two viable skill builds for each class of ship with the amount of skill points available, with the sole exception being Cruisers (which need too many skills to do their jobs competently).  Not taking those builds leads to a substantial disadvantage in capabilities.

While I want to do more testing before I become utterly unmovable on the subject, my experiences with Radio Location/Radio Position Finding/Keen Intuition is that the skill is so powerful that not taking it results in a game-breaking disadvantage, and having it provides either just clutter on the screen or an unbeatable advantage.   In addition, I saw teams fragment or refuse to engage much more in my play since the update than ever before, with cases of people who didn't care about the use of the skill engaging without the support of those who did.  My own use of the skill allowed my Destroyer and Cruisers to effortlessly track and engage or avoid enemy ships at my option, and provided a certainty where I only had guesswork before.  All in all, this skill provides so much advantage to me in any game that the only ships I will not take this skill on are those without the ability to make use of it (Carriers and Battleships), and any engagement against an opponent without this skill will almost certainly result in that opponent losing the encounter.

Overall, I think the advantages of the new skill system are far eclipsed by the ease and functionality of the old system.  Perhaps this will change over time, but this new system seems to be more awkward, has skills that are either not useful at all or are too powerful to ignore, and seems weighted towards making effective and efficient Carrier and Battleship Captains much more than Cruiser or Destroyer Captains.

My two cents.

As a USN DD player I feel there are to many things now that reveal my location, RDF< RADAR<HYDRO.  It has moved me from an offensive player to a defensive.  I have no cover anymore.

hey I am not a DD player, (Can't get it figured out I stink with them worse than my other play) mostly BB's and cruisers. Being a meh player what I see might happen is that the RDF skill is going to keep newer player base from starting the DD lines given how the Exp. DD players are having problems. That being said I did not see much difference in my play with or without the skill but my highest Captains are only 10-11 pointers. The update itself seems to work fine. The redistribution of skill mechanic has worked fine for me. Keep up the good work WG always trying to improve the game so more of the player base has more FUN (it is a game after all) is always a good idea.  :medal:

Wargaming is making a obvious attempt to eliminate DD players from the game it would seem. I have stopped playing them due to the same reasons you gents have posted and suggest to inventedthought that he not bother with them as even the most experienced players of the once mighty DD's have impossible odds to beat. We are the strongest players in the game and the most skilled it only makes sense to eliminate our abilities unfairly so that the masses get their all too easy chance to bring home the bacon. I really feel cheated in this regard and if it would make any difference I would suggest mass complaints but until the day we all make our complaints heard (instead of accepting the tortures wrought upon us) nothing will be done.
Edited by Drayghon
  • Cool 1

RedSeaBear    2,167

Lets start with things I like; The Dragon port is nice. I have 2 captains who are close to being 19 pointers and it seems like getting an elite captain is more in reach. Elite captain Xp is a welcome change just wish I a bunch of it to boost some captains. Having Concealment Expert in reach of a 10 point captain is nice for my Marblehead and Pensacola captains. 

Game does seem a bit laggy last night, seems like a major patch comes out and my performance suffer. Usually goes away after a few hot fixes.

Ok buckle up time to tackle the core of 0.6.0, the Skill Tree review, note I don't play sky cancer I mean Carriers so I'll skip those skills.  

1 point row; not as many useful options like before.

Priority Target, useful information but still not great.

Preventive Maintenance, 30% less chance that stuff won't break but my stuff is still breaking.

Expert Loader, who in their right mind takes this. Wait for a reload or just do damage with what you have loaded. Have you been hit by large caliber AP, it hurt yo. 

Direction Center for Catapult Aircraft, um so I get two plans above my ship for the cost of one. The only good thing they did was maybe spot torpedoes, or act as a poor sailors hydro. I think is saw one get a plane kill once could have been a fluke. So I guess with this they are twice as likely to be useful?

Incoming Fire Alert, made redundant by Priority Target. I vote this skill be retired.

2 point row; Some good skill here, row one is jealous. 

High Alert, it is still helpful

Jack of all trades, 5% is meh, I'll pass. 

Expert Marksman, Still needed for destroyers who can't turn their turrets while using the rudder while fighting and Battleship who can't turn their turrets either.

Torpedo Acceleration, useful on CVs I guess [i don't play sky cancer CVs], suicide for IJN destroyers, maybe fun on a Gearing. 

Smoke Screen Expert, did we need more smoke? Might be useful for RN cruisers who's smoke isn't bugged but still acts bugged. 

Adrenaline Rush, the first interesting new skill might be useful but than you have to stay alive on low HP to make it work. Low HP cruisers and Destroyers don't live long firing their guns.

Last Stand, still mandatory for destroyers because stuff breaks every time you get hit.

3 point row; AKA where all the good skill live.

Basic of survivability, Meh, save your points get faster cool downs on Damage control through skill or premium damage control parties. 

Survivability Expert, useful if your plan to fight in a destroyer.

Torpedo Armament Expertise, was a great second pass skill for destroyers who had good torpedoes. It is now too expensive to warrant the cost over better skills at this level.

Basic Firing Training, This one hurts. The first skill I always took for one point. I can't tell you the times my little boats won gun duels because we could pump out more shells. Still a take for DD captains. 

Superintendent, This one now is questionable. All these good skill at row 3, can I get by with premium consumables? This is the hard choice.

Demo Expert, Woo Less fire chance. Probably won't be using this on my fire starting ship as other skill look better. 

Vigilance, I've never used this skill. Yes I've been surprised by torpedoes but in those cases dodging them would be doubtful considering the circumstances. 

4 point row; Here be dragons. 

Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armament, Still a must for battleships with lots of small guns. 

Fire Prevention, Woo Less fire for more skill points. Is the trade off worth the cost? 

Inertia Fuse for HE shells, I have no idea why I would take this on any of my ships. If I need to pen armor I use AP. But HE is for setting fires, damaging modules and wrecking small boats. 

Advanced Firing Training, still a must for AA and small boats that need to reach out and touch campers from as safe distance. 

Manual Fire Control for AA armament, Or how a Cleveland/Atlanta insures no CV will visit them. 

Radio Location or Radio Position Finding, not sure what where calling it nowadays? Expensive, yes. Useful, in some cases yes. Is it needed in the game, doubtful. Will I be using this stupid skill, No.

Concealment Expert, at only four points Heck Yeah. 

I was only able to play a few games yesterday because of real life and once I was in game I had to spend 40 minutes theory crafting new captain builds. This biannually mini game the developers spring on use isn't all that fun. Once I managed to get squared away I clicked the battle button. Guess what, Teams are still campy, not pushing, running away from battle and making me question how they managed to get their T8s and T9s. But now I'm seeing destroyers are even more hesitate about pushing caps. I only saw RPF/RL once in all my games and it was a surprise to get located. The surprise was like running into a pre-nerf Khab as a tier 8 destroyer and the overwhelming feeling that this is overpowered and needs to be nerfed. 

Finally I would like to address something I keep seeing from WG when discussing these changes. Which is the statement that "utility/hybrid builds are still possible but probably won't be as strong as specialized builds", Face palm, WG you might have the Data sets and a small window into player opinion but I wonder if you understand how people play your game. The reason I took hybrid captain builds and avoided specialized builds is because of lessons learned from playing the game. For instance the Cleveland can be an amazing destroyer hunter or an amazing plane hunter. But when I built my Cleveland for destroyer hunting I kept getting attacked by Carriers. So I rebuilt my Cleveland for wrecking Carrier planes and wouldn't you know it Carriers are avoiding me or not even in the game. These lessons forced me to go the hybrid build approach, so I could handled what ever Match Maker throws at me. Specialized builds are cool and all but can be a hindrance when MM doesn't give you the chance to us it. Hybrid builds while not having the flash of specialized builds will allow the player to be better able handle the changing battle field they face in Random Battles.

0.6.0 patch is some where between I could careless and Good grief what where you thinking. 

I'll leave you with this "A Jack of all trades is a master of none, but oftentimes better than a Master of One." 

• Cool 1

eatmyfish    1

Hello Developers.   I am not sure if this is the correct forum but I have an opinion about the latest patch with the captain skill updates.  Firstly, I would like to say that this is the most unfair patch I have ever personally witnessed.  It took me 5000 games to bring my captains skill to level 18.. and I did it on every boat I own.  Since I cannot afford to buy premium ships in order to retrain captains, I built a captain for each and every boat.  I had many level 18 captains and the patch simply gave everyone, including amateurs the ability to have level 15 captains at any time. Due to this patch, you have taken away any advantage I had from all my effort.  Not only that, I now have over 2 Million elite commander points that I can use nowhere.  Since all my captains are already maxed, I have absolutely no use for these points.  I am extremely dissapointed and very angry that this was done.  I spent two years and over 5000 games to get those captains to that level and this patch simply gives every player the ability to have what I worked so hard to obtain. Everything I accomplished you have flushed down the toilet in one patch.   Do you think you deserve my loyalty for doing this to me?  As of this moment, I am quitting the game due to your incompetence in recognizing all I have accomplished. What do you plan to do to for players of my caliber and loyalty?  I am very very angry about this....   If this is how you treat me then I do not feel you deserve my loyalty.  Please respond....

• Cool 1

IceSerpen7    762

Hello Developers.   I am not sure if this is the correct forum but I have an opinion about the latest patch with the captain skill updates.  Firstly, I would like to say that this is the most unfair patch I have ever personally witnessed.  It took me 5000 games to bring my captains skill to level 18.. and I did it on every boat I own.  Since I cannot afford to buy premium ships in order to retrain captains, I built a captain for each and every boat.  I had many level 18 captains and the patch simply gave everyone, including amateurs the ability to have level 15 captains at any time. Due to this patch, you have taken away any advantage I had from all my effort.  Not only that, I now have over 2 Million elite commander points that I can use nowhere.  Since all my captains are already maxed, I have absolutely no use for these points.  I am extremely dissapointed and very angry that this was done.  I spent two years and over 5000 games to get those captains to that level and this patch simply gives every player the ability to have what I worked so hard to obtain. Everything I accomplished you have flushed down the toilet in one patch.   Do you think you deserve my loyalty for doing this to me?  As of this moment, I am quitting the game due to your incompetence in recognizing all I have accomplished. What do you plan to do to for players of my caliber and loyalty?  I am very very angry about this....   If this is how you treat me then I do not feel you deserve my loyalty.  Please respond....

Total PvE battles fought: 3

Total PvP battles fought: 1

Total ships owned: 3 (Black Swan, Erie, Weymouth)

What should WG do for players of this caliber and loyalty? A tough question indeed... :yes_cap: