Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Canadian_Reaper

Does Nagato lose steering a lot?

9 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
349 posts
6,277 battles

Not sure if just incredibly poor RNG, but just bought Nagato, played 3 games this morning with it, every game I've lost steering multiple times

Seems anytime I'm hit anywhere near the rear with HE, the steering is smashed.

Haven't played that many BB games, but this is the first time I've played one that seems so fragile- just RNG or should I be switching to steering gear mod1 instead of DCS mod 1

[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,679 posts
4,052 battles

Erm, I only ever lost my steering one time in the Nagato. That's just painful bad luck for you to be honest. I also go bow in and turn out only when I know I can get good hits in which makes most shells hit near bow or the turrets, so my guess is that they were catching you with HE while going broadside to hit the rear of your ship.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

All Japanese ships have comparatively fragile steering.  The battleships have it best in that it at least takes an actual shell to break their steering gears; CAs lose it if a seagull takes a [edited] on the deck above it, and DDs lose it if someone breathes too hard.

[KAG]
Members
36 posts
11,215 battles

I had a similar experience. Anytime a high caliber HE shell hits my Nagato in the aft section (Especially Scharnhorst!!!!), I would lose steering. It's pretty annoying. 

No problem with my Amagi. 

[PUSHD]
Members
200 posts
21,961 battles

I had a similar experience. Anytime a high caliber HE shell hits my Nagato in the aft section (Especially Scharnhorst!!!!), I would lose steering. It's pretty annoying. 

No problem with my Amagi. 

Might have happened to me a few times as well.

Sign in to follow this