You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

0.6.0 is here! Let's discuss.

70 comments in this topic

Members
1,695 posts
8,942 battles

Big decisions.  Radio finding might not be the end of the world and I give a cruiser loadout.  I want to hear your opinions and preferred loadout.  Let's discuss.

Members
207 posts
5,493 battles

Im having anxiety issues and my OCD is acting up again as I struggle to find suitable captains skills for my Yamato and German cruiser build.... 

Members
1,695 posts
8,942 battles

Im having anxiety issues and my OCD is acting up again as I struggle to find suitable captains skills for my Yamato and German cruiser build.... 

I know, right.  This is a tough update for BBs.

Members
3,067 posts
2,554 battles

Right. The jack of trade build loses efficiency. So if you want better results, you have to specialize in Secondary, AA, or Survivability.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

It must be hard having so many good skills to choose from, am i right? 

Anyways, I agree that RPF is not the end of the world. But that doesn't stop me from hating it. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
85 posts
4,196 battles

Is it just me or do the one point captain skills suck other than PM? (Ok I know it's probably just me) I'm having a tough time deciding what to do for the first skill because I don't feel like I get modules knocked out enough to warrant taking PM if there is something else to take, but I don't see what is useful. I guess Expert Loader, but I had that on a lot of my ships previously and didn't find it that useful. On top of that most of the new skills seem pretty pointless as well other than HEAP. Very underwhelming to say the least. Have to say I'm liking this change to captain skills even less than the last one where they nerfed my fav the Omaha into oblivion.

R.l.P Omaha....may you one day rise again.

Edited by wscott5050

[SCCC]
Members
3,181 posts
17,491 battles

Is it just me or do the one point captain skills suck other than PM? (Ok I know it's probably just me) I'm having a tough time deciding what to do for the first skill because I don't feel like I get modules knocked out enough to warrant taking PM if there is something else to take, but I don't see what is useful. I guess Expert Loader, but I had that on a lot of my ships previously and didn't find it that useful. On top of that most of the new skills seem pretty pointless as well other than HEAP. Very underwhelming to say the least. Have to say I'm liking this change to captain skills even less than the last one where they nerfed my fav the Omaha into oblivion.

R.l.P Omaha....may you one day rise again.

AA guns and secondaries count as modules so it should mean that they get knocked out less often.

Beta Testers
85 posts
4,196 battles

AA guns and secondaries count as modules so it should mean that they get knocked out less often.

I was aware of that, but thank you for the helpful reply. :teethhappy: 

Members
2,255 posts

I was aware of that, but thank you for the helpful reply. :teethhappy: 

AA and secondary's are considered mounts. These are HP based. Engine, Rudder, Torp Tubes and Main Guns are consider modules. These are chance based.

Members
207 posts
5,493 battles

yeah... secondary guns and aa guns dont benefit from the preventive maintenance. Only stuff like engine, steering, torp tubes, and main guns are considered modules and get to receive the almighty blessing of the PM.

[-K--]
Beta Testers
4,834 posts

Don't you know ? By Reading these forums Every ship should take RPF twice. battleships will be hunting DD's like its their jobs.  So fast and agile... DD's stand no chance. 

• Cool 2

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Don't you know ? By Reading these forums Every ship should take RPF twice. battleships will be hunting DD's like its their jobs.  So fast and agile... DD's stand no chance. 

Hunting DDs is not the only application of RPF. I don't think you have a full understanding of the skill. 

Members
4,515 posts
3,255 battles

Really I think RFP is nothing but clutter.  It offers no benefit in the beginning of a round.

It offers a lot of benefit at the start of a round. Enemy DD capping? You know where he is with enough information to aim torpedoes (and hit)

I know my DDs are parked. I have played with this in test and it's potent. DDs are now largely obsolete except for the VMF

[-K--]
Beta Testers
4,834 posts

Hunting DDs is not the only application of RPF. I don't think you have a full understanding of the skill. 

I understand it.. and have little issues avoiding/knowng where DD's are.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

I understand it.. and have little issues avoiding/knowng where DD's are.

You also have a problem with understanding the fact that not everyone is as experienced as you or I may be. 

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

My first step is going to be speccing one of my many 10 point ARP Myoko clone captains with RPF to see how valuable I find it, on cruisers at least.  Sort of an acid test, since it will be at the expense of CE.  Maybe the teddy bear - his animal senses tingling and all that.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

My first step is going to be speccing one of my many 10 point ARP Myoko clone captains with RPF to see how valuable I find it, on cruisers at least.  Sort of an acid test, since it will be at the expense of CE.  Maybe the teddy bear - his animal senses tingling and all that.

Even though WG has intended this skill for DDs and CAs, CAs won't actually see much benefit from this because they still have no way of pushing in to hunt destroyers without taking massive damage. So ironically, RPF isn't very useful on CAs. 

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

AA guns and secondaries can not be incapacitated (only destroyed), thus are not affected by that skill.
  • Cool 1

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

Really I think RFP is nothing but clutter.  It offers no benefit in the beginning of a round.

As much as I don't think RFP is a huge deal, it does depend on how you use it. 

Example: Let's say you're trying to /avoid/ contact with the enemy because you're a stealthy torp boat. You could use RFP to know if you're heading toward or away from an unspotted enemy DD or an unspotted enemy behind an island. You could use it to better plan your rout to remain undetected, which could be a game changing buff for torp boats if they work it right. 

Members
2,255 posts

These skills are a pain.  Giving up so much stuff I usually take.

I pre-planed a head of time... But it does suck losing your old builds. I feel you.

[TORCH]
Members
39 posts
14,866 battles

I don't much care for new skill tree just lost AFT on all my t10 cruisers if i want CE, BOS and BFT now cost 6 pnts instead of 2. So all my captains lost efficacy whats to like?