You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kaa1el

Should I get Radio Location for my 19 skill Yamato captain?

79 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
135 posts

So far I got the following:

1 Priority Target

2 Expert Marksman

3 BFT

4 AFT, Manual Secondary

I still have 5 points left, should I get the new Radio Location or Manual AA or Concealment?

[-FBS-]
Members
2,646 posts
4,290 battles

Get the Fire Prevention so you don't burn as much. 

No Superintendent? 

Edited by saagri
  • Cool 4

Members
760 posts
16,080 battles

Yes. I have had two games so far, one in my Fletcher. Three BB's paid the price of no RPF. I kited along in front of them and dropped three salvos...sunk one, crippled the other. They never spotted me. 

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

RPF is a wasted skill on Battleships.

This. All the other choices are better than RPF. RPF is a skill focused on hunting down DDs, and there's no way in hell you'refaat enough to hunt down DDs in a Yammy.

Members
760 posts
16,080 battles

RPF is a wasted skill on Battleships.

You are terribly wrong.

Any ship without RPF is just a fish in a barrel. I've played two games, and one was in my Fletcher. I was never spotted until the chase for the CV at the end...which was another barrel/fish. I sunk one BB, crippled another, and trolled a third into death by others. 

I am a 49% player....and I was ruling the sea. 

Edited by RevTKS

[-FBS-]
Members
2,646 posts
4,290 battles

This. All the other choices are better than RPF. RPF is a skill focused on hunting down DDs, and there's no way in hell you'refaat enough to hunt down DDs in a Yammy.

I don't think BB's get the skill for hunting DD's. They get it to know which side they are going to get torp'd from. 

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

I don't think BB's get the skill for hunting DD's. They get it to know which side they are going to get torp'd from. 

Anybody with a brain and map awareness and who actually has eyes and can look at a minimap and see the last know positions of the red DDs can easily figure out where they more than likely are. If anybody lacks that simple ability or that brain power then they have much bigger issues and should seek help.

• Cool 3

[-FBS-]
Members
2,646 posts
4,290 battles

Anybody with a brain and map awareness and who actually has eyes and can look at a minimap and see the last know positions of the red DDs can easily figure out where they more than likely are. If anybody lacks that simple ability or that brain power then they have much bigger issues and should seek help.

There are times where a DD is never spotted. 
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,853 battles

For the Yamato, there are a lot of better skills. Manual AA or some of the others mentioned. RPF while pretty powerful, just isn't worth it for a Yamato in most cases. 

Members
236 posts
2,361 battles

People want to downplay the skill but truth is people want you not to take the skill so they can make work of you.

TAKE THE SKILL

Members
207 posts
5,493 battles

and yeah... priority target should be good enough... dont need RPF on yamato....... 

What im debating more is whether i should keep expert marksman or go with something else in that row for the level 2 line for my yamato

[MAUS]
Members
13,684 posts

You are terribly wrong.

Any ship without RPF is just a fish in a barrel. I've played two games, and one was in my Fletcher. I was never spotted until the chase for the CV at the end...which was another barrel/fish. I sunk one BB, crippled another, and trolled a third into death by others. 

Post the replays.  Let's take the measure of how RPF would have saved those three Battleships.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
1,136 posts
4,017 battles

And yet we still harvest players via torpedoes daily. Theyre not all potatoes.

RDF may not be as valuable on a BB, but knowledge is power.

"CV can you spot off my port? I have an RDF contact out there an my nearest visible is starboard 9km."

RDF is incredibly powerful for anybody eith half a brain. But would i take it over superintendent in this case? Probably not.

Edited by Mulletproof
  • Cool 1

Members
207 posts
5,493 battles

Hey littlewhitemouse, I was wondering if you were going to make a guide regarding the new update to the captain's skill and all. If you did, I would definitely look forward to reading through it :D

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

Post the replays.  Let's take the measure of how RPF would have saved those three Battleships.

9 times out of 10, the BB would be screwed no matter what. There are just much better options for a BB than RPF.

Edited by renegadestatuz

[MAUS]
Members
13,684 posts

Hey littlewhitemouse, I was wondering if you were going to make a guide regarding the new update to the captain's skill and all. If you did, I would definitely look forward to reading through it :D

Yep, I'll be going through them and putting up a guide either later today or early tomorrow.  I was waiting to see their final forms before committing to penning an article.  No sense doing extra work. :)

9 times out of 10, the BB would be screwed not matter what. There are just much better options for a BB than RPF.

You're preaching to the choir.  I know that.  You know that.  But some people seem to think RPF provides a wealth of information not already available to anyone that can watch a minimap.

Edited by LittleWhiteMouse
  • Cool 2

Members
207 posts
5,493 battles

And yet we still harvest players via torpedoes daily. Theyre not all potatoes.

RDF may not be as valuable on a BB, but knowledge is power.

"CV can you spot off my port? I have an RDF contact out there an my nearest visible is starboard 9km."

RDF is incredibly powerful for anybody eith half a brain.

RPF is a double edged sword... If a Yamato captain has RPF and manages to detect a dd somewhere, the dd is immediately notified it was scanned and will try to evade detection... 

Members
760 posts
16,080 battles

http://wowreplays.com/Replay/27606-RevTKS-Shards

There you go. It was my very first game with RPF...I didn't play the test server. So, keep in mind I haven't had a chance to really learn the ins and outs...but in my opinion it let me move and shoot with impunity. As I said, I am a 49% player, and the two games in my Fletcher today 90+k damage games, which for me is above average. Those games would be highlights for me. 

Members
3,067 posts
2,554 battles

You are terribly wrong.

​And how was this any different from Pre-6.0?

Members
760 posts
16,080 battles

RPF so far:

1. A few players on each team are Located at the start of the match. (Causes a bit of tension right away)

2. You can always have your guns aimed and ready for any ship that is about to 'decloak.' 

3. Allows players with it to move and shoot with much greater freedom.

RPF gives you certainty...you're not guessing, or expecting, or any other vague stuff.

You know if you're Located by RPF.

You know the bearing of the nearest undetected ship.

I'm not very good. I can only imagine the Havok awaiting us when the Unicums decide to start trolling us. In the meantime, this is the most fun I've had in WoWS in a long time...unfortunately it comes at the expense of others. 

Members
760 posts
16,080 battles

​And how was this any different from Pre-6.0?

I knew that RPF had not located me; I was free to maneuver for the best shots.  I knew they had no screening DD hiding nearby. I knew they were alone.

I had complete tactical control of the situation. There was no guesswork. There was no worry.