Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Coppos

Buy back the Graf Spee

36 comments in this topic

[ZPM]
Members
35 posts
3,934 battles

As the title reads... I earned the Graf from the missions, ended up selling it and now realize I need it to finish Mission 8 of Santa's Christmas Convoy. Is there anyway I can buy it back? I do not see it in the tech tree.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

As the title reads... I earned the Graf from the missions, ended up selling it and now realize I need it to finish Mission 8 of Santa's Christmas Convoy. Is there anyway I can buy it back? I do not see it in the tech tree.

Put in a ticket with support and see if they'll let you use one of your exemptions for the year(you only get 4) to have them put her back in your account. Idk if they'll do that though since you did not purchase her and idk how they handle reward ships. But if they do allow you to, make sure you have the credit amount in your account that you got for selling her and an available port slot or they won't put her back in your account since they will take the credits back for her. Oh and if you don't have a Tirpitz, then you won't be able to finish the last final task for the convoy missions.

Edited by renegadestatuz
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,853 battles

ROFL. Why the hell would you sell it? Never ever ever sell premiums. Doesn't matter what tier or how bad they are. You just don't know what WG will do in the future. 6 months from now they may give everyone Graf Spees and those that already have it could get gold. You just don't know.

Even ships like the Emden, etc. Save them, just in case.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

Oh and she is still available in the premium shop for $24 for another 10hours. After that, she's gone. So you might as well just buy her because even if you filed a support ticket, you wouldn't get her back in time by the time support ends up getting back to you.

[JUGGZ]
Members
256 posts
2,930 battles

Also if I'm not mistaken you have to have a record of having used the ship, and you have no battles in it for either PvP or PvE so odds are they will not give you the vehicle exception.  I'd still try at least, but let it be a lesson to you to never sell premiums (you wouldn't have time to finish the Santa missions anyway).

Edited by Deviathan

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,871 battles

Folks...  Please don't judge.   Everyone has reasons.  Everyone is different.

Why would someone sell the Graf Spee?  Perhaps there is no interest in German ship lines..  Perhaps there was some family tragedy that brings up unhappy memories.  Reasons are reasons.

People have free accounts.  Free premium ships provide new ship slots to work on lines they DO like.

That being said, I feel the posting individual should seriously seek psychiatric care.  This is an emergency.  You sold the freaking Spee???

[A-D-F]
Members
7,876 posts
43,378 battles

Sell a premium? Why?

Graf Spee? Nuts!

NEVER sell Premiums. If you don't like them, don't use them. Keep them in port witjout a captain. They will come in handy at some point.

Members
2,688 posts
4,560 battles

Eh,  judging from his track record his just doesn't like German ships.  Still think its a mite silly to sell it based on that but to each their own.

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

Yep you won't get it in time. Why in the world would you sell the ship?

Got to jump in here on this one myself. Why would anyone sell a free Tier 6 premium ship worth $24. I mean I can understand selling off a Tier 2 maybe but Tier 6??  Even if you don't like the ship, it can be used as a Captain Trainer to exploit the first win of the day bonus.  What is worse is the Graf Spee is actually a very good cruiser, hell it is rated as the number one Tier 6 cruiser on Warships today as far as stats go so it just boggles the mind that someone would actually sell this ship for credits no less. 

[QAPLA]
Beta Testers
1,186 posts
4,639 battles

Sold the Graf Spee?

My God man why?

If you have not played a game in the ship then you won't be able to submit a ticket (IIRC). I suppose if you must beat the missions you could always buy it in the store? That would be the..

A) Fastest

B) Assured

...way to have it.

SMH....I have never understood why someone would sell a free tank/ship... if nothing else it serves as a barracks for other crew. Especially one you had to do so much to earn...

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles

You scuttled the Graf Spee....in port!  And everyone says WOWS isn't a realistic sim.
  • Cool 3

Beta Testers
1,022 posts
1,161 battles

ended up selling it 

Why go through the trouble of earning it? The matter-of-fact line he took with it was the most flabbergasting part.

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

I have sold premiums, and don't care, the ones I sold like the Marblehead I never want to see again

Until the day WG changes something and all of a sudden the Marblehead becomes godlike or some mission requires it or  WG does a customer appreciation event based on the number of premiums you own or you do Santa's Gifts next year and get a Marblehead in place of some other better premium you could have won if you would have had a Marblehead in your port.  I can think of all kinds of reasons to care that could show up at any time, but as long as your happy with your sale, that is all that matters. 
  • Cool 1

[FDK]
Members
1,529 posts

Nyahahahahahahahahahahaha! xD xD

[PLPTR]
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,360 battles

Don't EVER sell premiums. 

I've sold like 3 or 4 Albany's 

Every time I sell it some event comes back and I end up getting one as some reward. That ship is unplayable. Every time I get hit a turret explodes. I had at least 3 games where all but 1 or 2 turrets were permanently destroyed. 

I'll take my Emden all day every day over that ship. Emden is pretty and white to so it didn't bother me to sell Albany even having lived there for a good while. 

But yeah, generally selling premium ships is a terrible idea. 

Edited by Cpt_RickSchwifty

Beta Testers
930 posts
5,765 battles

Got to jump in here on this one myself. Why would anyone sell a free Tier 6 premium ship worth $24.

This I don't understand. What makes it worth $24? Nothing other than the fact that the price tag says $24. 

Value isn't whatever the price tag says. I wouldn't pay $5 for it, because I'd rather have $5 in my pocket than have that ship in my port. 

The only time what you're saying would make sense to me is if we could turn around and sell the ship for $24. Then it would actually have that value; but for things that can only be bought and can't be sold, the sticker price means nothing.

[BHSN]
Members
2,564 posts
4,522 battles

Well, at least he didn't buy it then sell it...at least he got it for free.

OP, as was mentioned, your only option is to submit a ticket. However, it probably won't get restored until the event is over. You could ask CS to give you credit for the mission, unlikely, but couldn't hurt to ask anyway. 

If the mission is that important to you, then buy it, call it a day, complete the mission and lean a lesson.

If the mission isn't that important then just submit & wait. 

only things you can do.

Members
5,202 posts

I've sold like 3 or 4 Albany's 

Every time I sell it some event comes back and I end up getting one as some reward. That ship is unplayable. Every time I get hit a turret explodes. I had at least 3 games where all but 1 or 2 turrets were permanently destroyed. 

I'll take my Emden all day every day over that ship. Emden is pretty and white to so it didn't bother me to sell Albany even having lived there for a good while. 

But yeah, generally selling premium ships is a terrible idea. 

I got probably 6 Emdens with the Santa boxes. If I had sold them each before opening the next, Id' only have a few credits to show for them. By not selling them, I collected 1500 doubloons each. 
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,440 posts
8,653 battles

Everyone's all over the guy who sold a premium, but there's another underlying issue that way too many people do.

You can view later missions in campaigns before you unlock them. This also means that you can view the requirements for completing them. Genius here not only gave up a premium, but also did not look all that hard at the mission requirements before selling the ship.

It's why I found it hilarious that the complaints for the Tirpitz being required to finish the Convoys campaign only surfaced not even a week ago when the requirements have been there since December.

Sign in to follow this