Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
hoom

Patch 18th, Campaign finishes 19th

12 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
2,580 posts
4,750 battles

The update happens January 18; preparation begins at 02:00 PT/ 05:00 ET until 04:00 PT/ 07:00 ET.

It doesn't actually affect me since I've finished the Graf Spee & as close to finished the Xmas one as I can get but isn't it kinda [edited]that this 0.6 patch is a day before the Graf Spee/Xmas Campaigns end? :hmm:

I mean it might not have been so bad for a minor patch but aside from the lost grind time during patching, with a full skill tree reset a lot of people will be experimenting with Commander builds & the game meta may change significantly. 

This is surely going to interfere with some peoples' late completion push?!

Edited by hoom
  • Cool 2

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

well.

both the NA portal, and the game client list both campaigns as ending on the 18th, not the 19th.

so.

i'm guessing the thing that's going to interfere the most is lack of attention to detail.

Edited by MidnightShamalan

Beta Testers
2,580 posts
4,750 battles

Oh, then it may be a time-zone thing for me (NZ time)

Campaigns are shown as ending on 19th on my client :read_fish:

I genuinely didn't expect the Client to be time-zone aware :amazed:

Edited by hoom

Members
781 posts
9,892 battles

the in game campaign has it finishing on the 19th for me... and i had literally just exited the final "play 1 battle" (the battle was still going) i was sitting in port for it to finish and got booted... so i dont know how that will affect me... the mission will probably not be sitting in my campaigns waiting for me to "collect reward"

i hope its still there...

• Cool 1

[SOTW]
Members
354 posts
4,773 battles

the in game campaign has it finishing on the 19th for me... and i had literally just exited the final "play 1 battle" (the battle was still going) i was sitting in port for it to finish and got booted... so i dont know how that will affect me... the mission will probably not be sitting in my campaigns waiting for me to "collect reward"

Literally, same thing happened to me.

WG has a great policy of "we're sorry that our nonsensical system [edited] you, but you can always spend more money on us!"

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
1,144 posts
22,130 battles

I had a run of trash games where I just wasn't getting my 5th kill...well finally got it on the last game before server mx so I was still short one final game.  I think for the Fuso camo.  Stayed up late to try and grab it too...what a waste of time I could have been sleeping.

• Cool 1

Members
17 posts
4,117 battles

I had gotten kicked at 5am eastern by the servers being down with only the last Graf Spee " play a single battle " mission left . I thought i was in the home stretch with an hour to spare . But unless the port date is correct and the website date incorrect , I am left feeling robbed . Had I been further off on getting the Spee I wouldn't care , but literally only having to play one battle and the game normally going down for update an hour later than it did , well ....... 

Members
17 posts
4,117 battles

apparently it's fine ... no info on anything of course .. but the mission is working fine for today anyway .. should give you time ot get the 10 point captain for the Spee as well 

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

Bah! Thought it ended with the patch, so I stayed up late and drew wife aggro to get the Leander. (the real value of which is not the ship, but being spared the Emerald grind :) )

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
1,144 posts
22,130 battles

Bah! Thought it ended with the patch, so I stayed up late and drew wife aggro to get the Leander. (the real value of which is not the ship, but being spared the Emerald grind :) )

No doubt with the wife...was expecting her to say something this morning..I may have dodged that bullet.  I may be able to wrap-up the Fuso mission tonight...IF I'm home early enough and if the s/w update installs properly.  Too often (though not as much recently) the update doesn't take and it could take a few attempts or a full uninstall/reinstall to get my client running again, and that process ends up consuming most of the evening.  The stupid thing is the Fuso camo is the one I care the least about.  I've finished the IJN BB line and while not the worst, Fuso was not a ship I take time to play anymore.  At this point I just want to finish the mission.

Sign in to follow this