Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shnoze_Shmon

A close brush with a ban

20 comments in this topic

Members
512 posts
7,657 battles

I don't know how many teammates you have to sink in one go to get banned, but except for some luck I think I would have qualified.

I was in an Akatsuki on the Fault Line map, south side, domination.  3 DDs on our side and my start position meant I should try to cap B.  Used speed boost to get to the island in the middle of B quickly.  I got spotted, couldn't figure out the source, but popped smoke and moved a bit to spread a cloud.  I didn't intend to outrun the smoke but I guess I did.  A BB saw me and started entering the ring of islands and shooting me.  I poured on the power and made a circle back to the smoke firing 3 torps at him.  When I got behind the island I expected the detection to go away, but it did not.  As I swung back into my smoke I noticed a wall of enemy torps headed my way from the west.  They were going to pass behind me so no problem.  I looked up at the direction they came from and noticed a nice long smoke cloud.

"Aha! that's why I'm being detected."

I Set my torps to wide dispersion and sprayed the cloud with the six tubes currently loaded.  As my torps sped on their way I suddenly became conscious of this mass of GREEN all around that cloud.  I don't understand how it could have escaped my notice earlier, maybe I was too tired.

"Oh No!  I just sank half my team!"

Lucky for me only 1 torpedo hit and the player, although rightly upset, wasn't sunk or damaged enough to put me in pink.  I apologized and tried to explain.  We lost.  I don't know how much I contributed to the loss, but if anybody from my team reads this I just want to say; I am so sorry!

• Cool 5

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,502 battles

Welp, that's something that would likely incite epic chatrage from me in-game, but kudos for owning up to it and (presumably) learning from it. 

[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
1,257 posts
12,077 battles

3 torps and you still would have been fine.

My best worst so far is 32K.

Members
512 posts
7,657 battles

Well the moment I gasped I would have bet the bank ol Murphy would rear his head and I would get 6 hits, and it would be on ships that couldn't tank them.

[H8TED]
Beta Testers
243 posts
25,577 battles

lesson here kiddie's...

Look at your minimaps. 

Is [edited]. Yes it can help and should be watched but I have had several DDs that have been no where close and IT WAS SAFE to put torps in the water come out of somewhere, I can only imagine because of boost, and drive thru a spread. I give as much responsibility to other boats as it is to the one who put them in the water. This isn't about those that drop behind their team which we see still far too often but for the times when it has been safe to do so and the other s arent' paying attention to their surroundings. 

Members
337 posts
957 battles

Eh who cares about sinking worthless teammates? most of them are horrible at this game anyway. I never care if i torp a friendly.

• Cool 1

Members
291 posts
3,952 battles

Eh who cares about sinking worthless teammates? most of them are horrible at this game anyway. I never care if i torp a friendly.

In my eyes you're worthless as a space dust

/s

• Cool 2

[13TH]
Members
4,899 posts
9,119 battles

You wont get banned for that , ive sunk 2 friends in 3500 games , last week I hit a freindly Tirpitz when an enemy BB was about to Cap us my buddy Tirpitz turned around and I hit him with 3 torps .. totaly my fault my bad ,he didnt sink but was very low on health and the enemy BB then sank him .. I felt terrible apologized and after the game ended sent them a Admirals Santa gift with another apology.. stuff happenes

[SCCC]
Members
3,181 posts
17,490 battles

3 torps and you still would have been fine.

My best worst so far is 32K.

I don't know what the damage threshold is for turning pink, but right now it seems you turn pink after the battle if you sink an ally, regardless of how much damage you dealt to them.

[DDM_]
Banned
1,680 posts
10,129 battles

Is [edited]. Yes it can help and should be watched but I have had several DDs that have been no where close and IT WAS SAFE to put torps in the water come out of somewhere, I can only imagine because of boost, and drive thru a spread. I give as much responsibility to other boats as it is to the one who put them in the water. This isn't about those that drop behind their team which we see still far too often but for the times when it has been safe to do so and the other s arent' paying attention to their surroundings. 

If they can get into the path of your torps then it wasn't completely safe despite any claims you may like to make to the contrary. Yes it sucks when teammates don't pay attention to their surroundings but the torps are still your responsibility from the time you launch them until the time they run out of fuel or hit a target.

Members
512 posts
7,657 battles

To those who reference looking at the minimap, all well and good, but remember I used boost to get where I was which was the center of the map, hadn't been there long and was under attack from the moment I got there.  It seems reasonable to expect only other DDs to be present in the center at that time.  Also, it's certainly unusual to have a mass of teammates following a DD into a cap so quickly.  And don't forget I had just had a wall of enemy torps go by and was firing back. (along the centerline of the map)  So excuse me if I say looking at the minimap is a bit simplistic of an answer to the situation.  It might have helped, but in situations of stress where a lot of your situational awareness tells you one thing, DO YOU always, without fail, manage to take in the minimap and everything it might be telling you? 

Members
672 posts
2,946 battles

I Set my torps to wide dispersion and sprayed the cloud with the six tubes currently loaded.  As my torps sped on their way I suddenly became conscious of this mass of GREEN all around that cloud.  I don't understand how it could have escaped my notice earlier, maybe I was too tired.

"Oh No!  I just sank half my team!"

That awkward moment when you wish you could remote detonate your own torps.

[WWF2]
Members
593 posts
15,821 battles

I don't know what the damage threshold is for turning pink, but right now it seems you turn pink after the battle if you sink an ally, regardless of how much damage you dealt to them.

True that.  I've been pinked for erasing the last couple hundred HP off an ally with a stray shot.

[H8TED]
Beta Testers
243 posts
25,577 battles

If they can get into the path of your torps then it wasn't completely safe despite any claims you may like to make to the contrary. Yes it sucks when teammates don't pay attention to their surroundings but the torps are still your responsibility from the time you launch them until the time they run out of fuel or hit a target.

It is never completely safe anywhere on the map, I am pink at the moment because a DD backed BACKED into my spread even after I warned him there were torps behind him because I do warn teammates when they are near of my intentions. He even said it was his fault. In your own arrogance you are unwilling to take responsibility, both player are responsible as I said  but you choose to ignore that. 

[H8TED]
Beta Testers
243 posts
25,577 battles

True that.  I've been pinked for erasing the last couple hundred HP off an ally with a stray shot.

It is all about the sinking not damage done. 

Beta Testers
930 posts
5,765 battles

It's not about how much team damage you do. If you sink a green, you're pink.

I took the last 5 HP off a green BB ones and went pink for it.

[DDM_]
Banned
1,680 posts
10,129 battles

It is never completely safe anywhere on the map, I am pink at the moment because a DD backed BACKED into my spread even after I warned him there were torps behind him because I do warn teammates when they are near of my intentions. He even said it was his fault. In your own arrogance you are unwilling to take responsibility, both player are responsible as I said  but you choose to ignore that. 

Because you launched your torpedoes into a location where someone you don't know and have limited communication with was at. You chose to do that, you weighed the risk and chose to accept the risk. You paid the price. It's really that simple. Has nothing to do with arrogance my man, I've torped friendly ships myself because I chose to accept the risk of them possibly turning into them or even backing into them. Guess what, my fault, I'm the one that launched them. Maybe take responsibility for your own actions and stop looking for others to blame, that whole scene ended at noon today.
Edited by R_Razor

[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
1,257 posts
12,077 battles

Its not about the dame done.  It's about the number of hits they receive.  And while my oops was an accident, my observation is 1 torp spam counts as 1 shot.  No one gets pink on 1 shot.

Its the 2nd and 3rd that are the risky ones.

:trollface:

Sign in to follow this