Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kenjister

The big meta change none have discussed

7 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,821 posts
10,838 battles

Or at least none that I've seen.

Everyone awknowledges that the new commander skills capping out at tier 4 help the new players.  No more getting stomped by tier 8s who've finally reached CE and have stealth mods while you flounder in your amazingly visible tier 7.

But what about the lower tiers?  It is now possible to have CE by late tier 5, and you'll definitely have it by 6.  So what ships benefit inordinately?

I can see low tier DDs getting an all around boost, specifically the much maligned IJN DD line.  Will Mutsuki finally graduate from her Mutsucky days?  Will Fubuki, an oddly underperforming monster of a tier 6, finally have her time?

What about cruisers?  They're sure to benefit. I can see this nudge the balance away from BBs.  

Most BBs don't have a major game changing skill at low tiers, as Manual Control of Secondaries is effectively tier locked.  But are there any BBs that can benefit from the legendary stealth BB build from tiers 5-7?  While I can't see some ships forgoing AFT, perhaps some can make it work.

What do you guys think?

[RNGG]
Members
158 posts
5,358 battles

Which version of the 20.3cm gun fairy is that on your avatar? I can't tell if it's the normal, type 2 or type 3.

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

It'll also make it so that more xp is required per captain level. So, you should also consider the fact that it'll take much longer to reach level 10 than it had previously. Maybe it'll balance out? I think we need to experience it first, before making any solid conclusions.   

• Cool 1

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,871 battles

The graduation of skill levels also changes.

All your 10 point captains become 8 pointers.

To get to 10 points, it will be the equivalent of working a 13 point captain before the change.

Points get tougher.

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

To get to 10 points, it will be the equivalent of working a 13 point captain before the change.

Points get tougher.

You do realize they're going to let your captains keep the points they earned, and if they're below normal threshold, they're going to add XP until the reach the same amount of points the had prior?

Unless that changed, the only thing really lost is any extra XP you may have had between points, so if you were halfway to 11, you're reset to 10 and just have to redo some of the XP grind.

[KMS]
Members
242 posts

Points get tougher.

That's not the way I read it... If you have a 10pt capt, it will convert to a 10pt capt with the patch.  Going forward, the new Exp needed will fall under the new system, not the old.

"The general principle of the changes is that Commanders will not lose any ranks or any skill points. Moreover, if a Commander reaches the highest rank after the XP scale is changed, all the remaining Commander XP of this Commander will be automatically transferred to the common pool of Elite Commander XP, available for spending on any Commander."

Edited by Capt_Chaos2112

Sign in to follow this