Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

Team play even more important after tommorow

15 comments in this topic

Members
1,651 posts
20,692 battles

New skillz means better team work to counter those skillz.  Several DD players are worried about a certain radio skill.  First thing I think of is providing more support to those guys sooner than later.   Team's need to be more decisive on what direction they want to take at the start.  Capping a zone may now become more than just a DD thing early on.  We as there support must be ready take out any threat they may encounter.  But also our DD buddies may need to slow there roll just a tad to allow for better support.  I believe in the end any ship any new skill wargameing throws at us can be overcome with better team work.

• Cool 1

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Several DD players are worried about a certain radio skill.

something like four or five of them I gather, not many.

Several....

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

What's this teamwork you speak off. Is it a codename for a good position to snipe from? :trollface:

Anyone that says it exists in the NA server is LYING!  (We need an Invader Zim "You're LYING!" Cap emote, or maybe Fishie.  Whichever can can be shown off pointing hard while looking revolted in such a tiny space)

[TWE]
Members
206 posts
14,649 battles

'Teamwork'! - hysterical laughter as I am carried off to the funny farm . . .

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,557 posts
15,233 battles

Yes. Teamwork. I will be driving my DD very close to all the big ships. Like right behind you close. But not right in front of you.

[MCWF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
29,098 battles

Teamwork? When? Where? In a MMO *laughs hysterical*

There is so much you need to learn about life young padawan.

Members
11 posts
23,114 battles

I play all games hoping for good team play, and I agree it is alway very important. But most players do not seem to value team play. Most players in PvP game look to exploit their fellow players rather then risk helping them.

If these changes to game play make any 1 certain class no fun to play, I will simply play another class. And if the entire game stops holding my interest, I will stop playing the game until War Gaming fix the issues. I have lots of other games to play. I can not see WG leaving a game breaking issue unaddressed. 

So I would not worrie about this to much. Try out the new captain builds, and let the results speak for them selves. Talk is cheap, but if WG sees these changes affecting player numbers (amount of $ they are making) negatively. I am sure they will fix the problems.

Good luck, and fair sees.

P.S. I do fear however, an immediate unfortunate side affect of these changes will be to see a MUCH campier play style from even more players. At least to start out. I know WG is hoping that the new tools will make more players feel they can now play more aggressive, but in reality I fear that instead you will see DDs hiding in the main fleet so as to negate the radio perk. But only time will tell.

Edited by SamWantsYou

[NG-NL]
Members
7,141 posts
12,577 battles

Randoms that don't value teamplay seem the ones that'll suffer the most from the changes, since unlikely they will realize teamplay is necessary to counter RPF.

Members
1,797 posts
7,977 battles

Randoms that don't value teamplay seem the ones that'll suffer the most from the changes, since unlikely they will realize teamplay is necessary to counter RPF.

So....everyone?

Members
1,614 posts
10,688 battles

​That won't counter RPF. It'll just enable the enemy RPF boat to track your entire group. Did it on the PTS...going to do it on the live server.

[NG-NL]
Members
7,141 posts
12,577 battles

​That won't counter RPF. It'll just enable the enemy RPF boat to track your entire group. Did it on the PTS...going to do it on the live server.

And if the team pinpoints rough location of the RPF user, that fails to counter how exactly?

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

Yes. Teamwork. I will be driving my DD very close to all the big ships. Like right behind you close. But not right in front of you.

Well that's silly. Why wouldn't you be between the enemy and the closest friendly to them, in order to spoof the RPF?

Sign in to follow this