Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Zim_Xero

Fire-Power

11 comments in this topic

Members
765 posts
2,849 battles

With the coming 6.00 update, the guns of the Marblehead are going to fire about 10% faster.  This motivated me to formulate the 'Fire'  power of my existing T5-T9 ships.  They are based on unmodified % chances of fire, number of main guns, and their rate of fire.  It also assumes 100% accuracy.

FPM = Fires set Per Minute (average)

Tier Class Name FPM
5 C Marblehead 12.3
7 C Atlanta 10.7
6 C Budyonny 8.1
7 DD Blyskawica 7.3
6 BB Fuso 6.4
9 DD Udaloi 6.4
6 BB Arizona 6.2
8 C Atago 6.1
6 BB Dunkerque 6.0
7 DD Kiev 6.0
7 BB Scharnhorst 5.4
7 DD Leningrad 5.3
5 BB Konig 5.3
5 BB Texas 5.2
7 DD Leberecht Maass 5.0
5 DD Gevny 4.8
7 BB Gneisenau 4.7
6 DD Ognevoi 4.3
5 C Furutaka 4.1
5 BB Kongo 3.8
6 DD Anshan 3.7
6 C Admiral Graf Spee 3.6
5 DD Kamikaze 2.1
7 DD Shiratsuyu 1.8

• Cool 2

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

That's pretty interesting. I didn't know that Marblehead was so good at setting fires. I mean, it even beats the Atlanta. 

Members
57 posts
1,717 battles

Myoko sets 7.29 fires/min if I'm doing this right (T7 CA - 5x2 guns, 14s reload, 17% fire chance).  I notice I do tend to set two fires at a time with it fairly frequently.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Just wondering, are you taking into account the fire chance reductions that each tier gets? 

Also, Mogami with the 155s sets 9 fires per minute. Kutuzov and Chapayev set 10.8, because they have a slightly higher fire chance of 12% (compared to Mogami's 10). 

Members
765 posts
2,849 battles

#Main Guns   Fire%  /  reload seconds  x  60 minutes  /  100   =  average Fires Per Minute

@ TheRenegade) 7.29 looks correct

@ Aduial) I did not do any tier modifications.   How do they work exactly?

Edited by Zim_Xero

Members
2,829 posts
6,653 battles

That's pretty interesting. I didn't know that Marblehead was so good at setting fires. I mean, it even beats the Atlanta. 

The calculations look like they take all guns into account.  Broadside, bow-on, stern-facing...the Marblehead always has main guns that are unable to fire.  Atlanta too actually...
Edited by Misniso

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles

#Main Guns   Fire%  /  reload seconds  x  60 minutes  /  100   =  average Fires Per Minute

@ TheRenegade) 7.29 looks correct

@ Aduial) I did not do any tier modifications.   How do they work exactly?

You do realize of course that Marblehead can't possibly train all guns on the broadside. I think it can do a maximum of 6 on a broadside, same as Murm and Omaha. Some of the guns are in barbettes... very old school design.

Lol cross-posted with Misniso :)

Edited by geser98
  • Cool 1

Members
765 posts
2,849 battles

From the link above.... it looks like every tier above tier 3, gives a +7% chance, cumulative, to avoid the effect of being set on fire each time.  (almost 50% chance to avoid at tier 10), good to know.

@Misniso:   Good Point.  stats are always limited in usefulness.  Position, range, skill, trajectory, and modifiers all play a bigger role in the end, than the base stats.

Sign in to follow this