Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Destroyer_Zeka

What is your tier "Sweet spot"

24 comments in this topic

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,379 posts
14,209 battles

Just another conversation thread. Anyhoo, my tier sweet spots are tier VII and tier IX. Blyskawica, Leningrad, and Kiev are my favorite tier VII ships to play, with Udaloi at tier IX. What's yours

[_EASY]
Members
14 posts
13,124 battles

I love playing IV-V (Kuma - Kamikaze R) but since I got my Minotaur I have been playing nothing but X

[CHIGR]
[CHIGR]
Members
3,641 posts
18,846 battles

For a long time I felt like it was 7, but recently I've had a good time in 5 too.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,535 posts
29,684 battles

5, 6 and 7. Mostly 7 now. I am your typical mid-tier player...

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

7 and 10.  Totally not because of the terrible MM we got a while back.  Ok, not entirely.

Blys, Sharn, Khab.  Those are hard ships not to like.  Mo is fun, but not when there are Yamatos around, and it's best avoided on the weekends. 

[RCNW3]
Members
2,002 posts
26,554 battles

Enjoy 6, Arizona, Warspite, Spee, Molotov, but 7 great with Bly, Shiny Horse, Indi, Fiji

Beta Testers
199 posts
2,837 battles

7-8 Hate playing 1-6 and I generally don't bother grinding 9-10 as I see little point to them at the moment but I'm reaching the point where I'll have no more tier 8 cruisers to grind and Ill have to anyway. New Orleans is all I'm missing.

Members
1,369 posts
3,667 battles

Tier 8 most of the time.  Mostly because Amagi.  I dont get too many tier 10 matches which are just boring games, most are 7-9 which offer a pretty good balance between aggressive captains and the passive play of high tiers.

Recently, ive been playing Yubari at tier 4.  That rudder shift time combined with incoming fire alert...  dodging shots from 7 kms REALLY annoys people lol

[SALVO]
Members
16,501 posts
10,221 battles

6, because I need to fool myself while grinding my 12 lines.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

T6.

It has some of my current favorites. Oddly enough I have been playing nothing but T5/6 lately to track my MM and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Once you stop giving a crapabout constantly being down tiered T6 has some spectacular ships. Farragut, Cleveland, Bayern and Fuso being my standouts.

Members
1,797 posts
7,977 battles

6-8 I guess...really, more 6 and 7...and mostly 6...so...if I had to pick one - 6.  That's where all my best individual ships live.  Leander, Aoba, Nurnberg ripped much face for me as cruisers.  Farragut and Ognevoi have been wonderful as destroyers.  I try not to hate the New Mex, I DID hate the Bayern...haven't played the Fuso yet because the stock ship looks punitive (seriously, worse than the stock Kongo...wth?).  So, perhaps it is more fair to say:

DD - 4 or 6 (did NOT like 5 at all, didn't care for Kiev, won't play Mahan w/o CE)

CA/CL - 6, something about the fast paced action at mid tiers appeals...7 starts seeing high tier...and, generally, is all work, no play (though Shchors/Myoko are sometimes OK)

BB - not enough data; Gneisenau and Scharnhorst have been good at 7...liked Kongo quite a bit...and...that's it.  

I've known since I started a thread on it a while back that I should play more IJN BB.  I think Amagi and I will get on pretty well...even Nagato.  Fuso might be all right if I can convince myself to burn the fxp and not grind a BB with 13.8 km range (lolz) and less HP than the ship it replaces.  If I like Fuso, it might just be the missing link at Tier VI.

My only "high tier" experience is a few dozen games in Tirpitz/Bismarck, and hundred or so in Hipper and 35 in Roon.  Some were good...none have really been fun.  There are occasional flashes of ok-ness that encourage me to dabble every once in a while.  However, playing Hipper meant I needed to be 100% focused, well rested, alert, probably with a cup of coffee.  That's not a game...that's a job.  Bismarck is a good ship...but...well...getting her was my goal...I got her...and now...eh...not so interested in actually playing her.  Weird.  It could be I am just tired of being trolled by BB accuracy...anyhow, I haven't purchased Tashkent or Chapayev...as much as I want to finish those lines...I don't really want to play either ship at Tier VIII.

Sign in to follow this