You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MassiveSalvo

How to Drive Cruisers?

7 comments in this topic

[CYNIC]
Members
175 posts
20,121 battles

I started off with the German line when I began the game in October. I then moved to strict IJN DDs. After that I started taking to German BBs and now I'm opening the door back on Cruisers. I grinded a Tier6 German, Tier 6 Russian/Tier 6 British and Tier 5 Japanese. Won the Graf Spee and my thoughts are this...

I feel like a Giant Citadel with guns ... At times I do well, mostly in Russian Cruisers which seem to possess Godlike HE or a lucky situation where my Cruiser can get in lucky shots or a position that's ideal. Other than they're just so weak. Think that they need some more armor and how do you survive in yours?

[ARMDA]
Members
9,004 posts
6,506 battles

For me, I see if the target is firing at another target and fire at them because they're dealing with another cruiser or battleship.

Enemy cruisers, angle for AP. Better hope their fire chance isn't absurd.

[BGA]
Alpha Tester
4,051 posts
33,007 battles

Cruisers are giant citadels for battleships. Especially lighter cruisers like the Russian and British.

I'm no pro-player but I manage generally average on the stats, though I've been in a downhill slide, so here's my advice.

Stay with a group. Don't be the one target.

Don't think you have to take every shot  you get. Sometimes it's not worth it to get a few 1000k worth of damage to only be deleted.

Pick your battles so that you don't forsake concealment. Sometimes staying hidden is your best bet.

If you have torpedoes know their use. 10km Japanese torpedoes are great to spray and turn where as German torpedoes are more defensive. Russian Torpedoes, just forget you have them unless you end up within 4km of someone on accident.

Fire can be your most valuable friend for getting any real damage done.

Unless you're in a British cruiser I suggest not stopping at anytime. Always stay on the move if you can.

Use ADSW hacks along with your throttle to help dodge incoming rounds.

After you fire, use your free look and minimap to make sure you're not someone's target and no shells are incoming.

Hmm not sure what else but I feel like those are some basic principles that can help.

Edited by Spieges

Members
171 posts
3,881 battles

For most cruisers I would say keep your guns firing if you aren't the enemies target, as well as max range firing. If an enemy BB looks at you prepare for pain, unless you are in one of few select cruiser that have decent side armor

Members
171 posts
3,881 battles

If you wanna have one hell of an exciting fight, take a cruiser with torpedo's and ambush a BB, only really works with wide torp arcs.