You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Unabletony

Adrenaline Rush

47 comments in this topic

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

Unless something changed in the last day or two, it gives 0.2% decrease per 1% of hp lost. The most you can get out of it is just below 20%, which doesn't result in 10s reload on a Yammy.

• Cool 2

[-K--]
Members
3,075 posts
6,658 battles

That's a little over 24s on the rear turret, so 26-27s. Looks more like standard MBM3 with no AR to me.

• Cool 1

[ARMDA]
Members
9,004 posts
6,506 battles

Unless something changed in the last day or two, it gives 0.2% decrease per 1% of hp lost. The most you can get out of it is just below 20%, which doesn't result in 10s reload on a Yammy.

Thank you, I knew it was too good to be true...

[-K--]
Members
3,075 posts
6,658 battles

Thank you, I knew it was too good to be true...

With AP and MBM3 together, you could theoretically get about 30% off your reload if you had roughly the HP shown in the screen, though I wouldn't expect to live much longer once someone notices a low HP Yammy pumping primaries every 20s.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,312 posts
23,671 battles

Any one know if it keeps going? If you loose more than 100% of your health does the reload keep dropping or do you think it caps at 100%

[FAQUE]
Members
523 posts
8,092 battles

With the buff to 0.2%, this skill still seems worth it.  I think I'll be taking it on torpedo boats at least since they often escape with low health and the improved reload time on torps would come in handy.

• Cool 1

[-K--]
Members
3,075 posts
6,658 battles

Any one know if it keeps going? If you loose more than 100% of your health does the reload keep dropping or do you think it caps at 100%

It's based on current HP not total potential HP, so you'll never get -20% or better to reload time.

[-K--]
Members
3,075 posts
6,658 battles

With the buff to 0.2%, this skill still seems worth it.  I think I'll be taking it on torpedo boats at least since they often escape with low health and the improved reload time on torps would come in handy.

That's one way to use it. For guns, it's obviously better for ships with extremely low or extremely high ROF.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

It got nerfed back to 0.1%.  Because "diverse gameplay choices."

Edited by TenguBlade

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,312 posts
23,671 battles

It's based on current HP not total potential HP, so you'll never get -20% or better to reload time.

OK thanks, makes sense

Members
3,681 posts
8,111 battles

Think about it, if a dd, let's say shimakaze, platoons with a cv, let's say Hakuryu, both intentionally make each other lost a lot of hit points,

and scout for each other so neither ever get spotted the entire match...

Members
2,829 posts
6,653 battles

Think about it, if a dd, let's say shimakaze, platoons with a cv, let's say Hakuryu, both intentionally make each other lost a lot of hit points,

Great in theory.  But in practice, It only takes one shot...

[-K--]
Members
3,075 posts
6,658 battles

That's already a thing with Last Chance. No one uses it, so I don't think AR is going to be a popular fratricidal Red Bull for weapons.

[FAQUE]
Members
523 posts
8,092 battles

That's already a thing with Last Chance. No one uses it, so I don't think AR is going to be a popular fratricidal Red Bull for weapons.

I think the main reason it's not common now is because it's 5 skill points and that forces DDs to give up concealment.  Now that top tier skills are only 4 points, it would be much easier to work into builds.

I still don't see people intentionally dealing team damage to each other to take advantage of it though.

Edited by Tembin

[-GPS-]
Beta Testers
696 posts
5,366 battles

A gunboat DD like a Fletcher, with BFT, with 50% health, would have a 20% boost to ROF with the skill. But that would only bring down the reload to about 2.5 seconds (about 1/2 second). Something to think about but maybe not really worth it.

A BB with 30 second reloads, at half health could reload in 27 seconds. Something to think about again, but probably not worth it and not worth passing up other skills.

Members
3,003 posts
1,451 battles

Is adrenaline rush actually good to take on a BB?  I Mean, I took it, anything to boost my reload, which is a key feature missing from the commander tree, until now.  I guess ill take it...

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

Is adrenaline rush actually good to take on a BB?  I Mean, I took it, anything to boost my reload, which is a key feature missing from the commander tree, until now.  I guess ill take it...

I actually did some testing with it on the PTS and found it pretty useful for a BB.  I mean lets be honest here, most BBs, unless your one of those rear echelon sniping types, are going to find themselves sitting at 50% or less HPs quite often so they can really take advantage of the faster reload rate.  I forget but I think on the German BBs I was testing I was easily pumping out mains every 23-24 seconds for a good 5-6 mins each and every match.  There might be a better skill at that tier but I think it is one of the stronger options for a BB skill.  

Members
3,010 posts
10,193 battles

I've been debating on taking this for my Bismarck. Not for the main batteries, but for it's secondary capabilities as I love to brawl in my BB's. I "used" to be good at "the mathz" but any more it gives me a literal headache. Anyone know or test it for these purposes yet?

[-K--]
Members
3,075 posts
6,658 battles

I've been debating on taking this for my Bismarck. Not for the main batteries, but for it's secondary capabilities as I love to brawl in my BB's. I "used" to be good at "the mathz" but any more it gives me a literal headache. Anyone know or test it for these purposes yet?

How much damage do you expect to operate with on an average basis? At half HP, you get a 10% to your reload (50x.2=10), so let's assume you have a ROF of 10 RPM. Note: Modifiers are applied in the following order: Upgrades (say, SBM2), Camo/Signals, Captain skills. Upgrades and camo/signals are, for all purposes, "part" of your ship so long as they are equipped. With BFT, that's 11 RPM. With AR and BFT, that's 12.1 RPM. Keep in mind that assumes you don't repair past 50% which will reduce your ROF by the corresponding amount. AR works best with ships which can handle large amounts of damage for extended periods and low ROF (battleships) or ships which have exceptionally high ROF (USN DDs).

Big caveat: I don't know if it applies to secondaries. I'm guessing it does, but I haven't yet actually tested specifically for this.

[-K--]
Members
3,075 posts
6,658 battles

I double checked again, as of now, it says 0.2%

It's 0.2%.