Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chriin

HEAP Typo

17 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
199 posts
2,837 battles

For the SA of others HEAP (Inertia Fuse for HE Shells) has a typo in it it should read as follows

Increases the armour penetration capacity of HE shells fired from both main and secondary battery guns, at the expense of decreasing the probability of setting the enemy ship on fire.

-3% to chance of fire on target caused by HE shells

+25% 30% to armour penetration capacity of HE shells

During Commander retraining, a 50% penalty is applied to the effect of this Skill.

Source

Glad that it was a typo personally as I'm very much so looking forward to HEAP in this form!

• Cool 1

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

In other typo news, patch notes said that Akizuki HE pen was reduced from 19 to 17mm.....I thought it was 16mm the whole time?

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

In other typo news, patch notes said that Akizuki HE pen was reduced from 19 to 17mm.....I thought it was 16mm the whole time?

Just caught on that lm@o

Well, they really want people to take HEAP on Akizukis now...

Edited by Excield

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

Just to confirm, this means if my shells have a base 5% fire chance, if I use HEAP, it will be reduced to 2%?

Beta Testers
199 posts
2,837 battles

Just to confirm, this means if my shells have a base 5% fire chance, if I use HEAP, it will be reduced to 2%?

Yes. But if you take DE you'll only lose 1%

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

This HEAP will really help Donskoi, cause she can't penetrate 32mm of armor.

Yeah I've been contemplating putting it on her myself.

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

Well, they really want people to take HEAP on Akizukis now...

This HEAP will really help Donskoi, cause she can't penetrate 32mm of armor.

*thinks happy thoughts about HEAP on KMS BBs* :trollface:

[-_W_-]
Members
1,089 posts
2,418 battles

I believe there was another source that mentioned this was purely a technical change that had no actual effect on gameplay. There is nothing that Akizuki could penetrate before that she can't penetrate now. Which is to say, she couldn't penetrate 19mm armor before (listed as 19mm as in "up to but not including," I guess, or maybe listed as such as the result of rounding up), and still can't penetrate 19mm now. 16mm is accurate insofar as it is the thickest plate in-game that Akizuki can penetrate, given a lack of 17 or 18mm plates.

*thinks happy thoughts about HEAP on KMS BBs* :trollface:

As silly as Kurfurst's HE pen would be with IFHE, I'm pretty sure that A) there aren't a lot of things your HE will penetrate with IFHE that it wouldn't penetrate without it, and B) if there are they aren't worth the 4 points compared to other things.

Though I also don't feel like checking if it actually does get enough penetration to citadel T10 cruisers...in part because I suspect it might and I don't want to crush my hopes.

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

As silly as Kurfurst's HE pen would be with IFHE, I'm pretty sure that A) there aren't a lot of things your HE will penetrate with IFHE that it wouldn't penetrate without it, and B) if there are they aren't worth the 4 points compared to other things.

Though I also don't feel like checking if it actually does get enough penetration to citadel T10 cruisers...in part because I suspect it might and I don't want to crush my hopes.

I'll tell you what it won't pen, just because it's a very short list: It won't citadel Moskva and DM (possibly Baltimore too - haven't checked), and it won't citadel battleships (will go through BB bow / stern armor like knife through butter though). Everything else is going to be lolpenned at any angle, because HE. HEAP affecting secondaries is just icing on the cake for extra lulz. :)

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

I think he's referring to secondaries. It might make sense though. If more people start taking FP, then fire damage potential will be somewhat lessened anyway. So having your secondary shells do more damage and have less ricochets and shatters, might make HEAP viable on them.

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

I think he's referring to secondaries. It might make sense though. If more people start taking FP, then fire damage potential will be somewhat lessened anyway. So having your secondary shells do more damage and have less ricochets and shatters, might make HEAP viable on them.

No, it's the main battery that's the problem.

Most of the KM BBs will be able to citadel any CA they can face by hitting nearly anywhere on the hull.  There is a fairly hilarious thread about it, and the few exceptions.  Baltimore, some of the T10.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

Most of the KM BBs will be able to citadel any CA they can face by hitting nearly anywhere on the hull.  There is a fairly hilarious thread about it, and the few exceptions.  Baltimore, some of the T10.

So time to troll cruisers with the HE on my GK?

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

So time to troll cruisers with the HE on my GK?

Darn right! Bonus points for citpen and starting a fire with the same shell (what goes around comes around)! :playing:

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

Oh really? I didn't know that. Might try it out lol

Sign in to follow this